Jump to content
    Mark92
  • Author
  • 2,680 Words
  • 5,901 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Story - 1. A Fairy Story

A Fairy Story

Teasel stretched on waking giving a groan, his delicate green wings unfurling as he rolled on to his knees and flapped them softly. The Buttercup pollen covered him in a smoky fog and then disappeared leaving his wings gleaming and iridescent. His short knee length trews were made of seed pods. A spiky piece of twine wrapped around his neck carried a small bag of herbs for protection. That was all he needed at this time of year.

He pushed back the silky soft yellow petal that had been his cover for the night and then stood looking around across the flower filled meadow. He loved this time of year the air was so sweet; it was the end of spring. The weather would change soon, and the field would be cut to feed the animals on this small farm.

He could see all the other fairies and sprites going about their everyday business and grinned, wondering if Apple had woken up yet. He flapped his wings softly and his feet left the soft pollen filled bed as he rose upwards.

Higher and higher he flew towards the large Hazel Tree that stood at the edge of Bluebell wood. Apple was easy to find not because he was a noisy sleeper but because his wings and hair were bright blue. His raggy wings clashed with the deep matt green leaves of the Hazel.

Teasel hovered above, and then lowered himself onto the very edge of the curled up leaf. Apple always slept naked and at this time in the mornings always stood proud.

Teasel eased back part of the leaf and slipped inside facing Apple, his friend, soul mate and lifelong love. Apple’s long dark blue lashes lay soft on his cheek, his long blue hair flowed round him. Teasels gaze sank lower over Apples toned body, and smirked at Apple’s hard shaft. They were worlds apart in everything but the love they shared. Teasel softly stroked a lock of pale blue hair away from Apple’s brow and smiled.

Apple Snow-wasp was his full fay title; he was a bringer of peace between enemies across the kingdom. Teasel looked over to the horizon; this was a perfect place for Apple to sleep. It was said that his kind always lay in high places, where clouds met the earth. And can only be seen by the human kind at mid-day under a cloudless sky. Teasel kissed Apples soft skin on his upper arm and his muscle twitched but he didn’t wake. Instead his arm reached out and pulled Teasel in closer; unconsciously knowing he was there.

Teasel sighed and laid his head on Apple’s shoulder, this was where he belonged, but for how long? He was Apple’s opposite in fay terms. His domain was the mushroom field or the quiet meadow. He was the bearer of riches and wealth. Even his time to be seen by the human kind was different. His was the first signs of autumn when the leaves had just started to fall. But that didn’t matter they were together whenever they could be. And for as long as it lasted that’s how it would always be.

The rumours had seeped this far away from the dark lord’s forest. How long would it be before he came this way?

Dark Lord Dixton stood above all the other fay of the land. He was a tyrant, a destroyer of love, wherever he went. Love was his only enemy and he killed it with every stab of his razor sharp blade that was attached to his back, in an elaborate decorated sheath.

Teasel knew that Dixton only had to look into their eyes and he would know they were in love even if they were both on their own territory.

Apple smiled lazily and opened one eye, “Oh let me guess? You need the morning glory?” he giggled.

Teasel grinned back, “Why else would I come all this way?”

Apple rolled onto his back and stretched, his muscular torso arching high and his shaft stood proudly as he groaned.

“And now you’re going to be a complete tease, you really are a rotter Apple!” He laughed softly an innocent look on his face that he didn’t carry off as he chuckled,

“What...what did I do? His eyes danced playfully,

“Oh you!” Teasel giggled back, and tickled hard making Apple squirm as he laughed. The leaf tipped and they both fell earthward. Spreading out their wings and holding each other as they stopped falling.

Apple took hold of Teasels hand and flew towards the two ponds, and the small island in the centre of the largest pond. Other fairies danced above the water, making small ripples as they dipped in their toes.

Apple stood on a bent reed strand and used it like a springboard. His arms high, he leapt into the air and dived like a twisting arrow into the ice cool water. He flew out seconds later with a myriad of water droplets surrounding him as he flapped his wings. Teasel laughed and clapped, calling out “bravo” from his perch on a low lying willow branch. Apple flew over water glistening on his naked body. He was no longer hard, but that didn’t matter in Teasel’s eyes he was still the most gorgeous fay he’d ever set eyes on.

Suddenly Farrow a female fay of the ponds hovered in front of them and winked seductively, “hello boys, someone has been asking after you two. Teasel growled and Apple laid a hand on his shoulder to calm him,

“And who might that be Farrow? Or are you just trying to cause problems as usual?” Apple’s voice was soft but firm; she was only in her early teens and hadn’t yet learned all the rules of the Fay.

“Oh no! Dear Apple I don’t jest, the dark lord himself as heard of your pathetic so called love. “She giggled evilly.

“If it was pathetic then Dixton wouldn’t be interested, you twisted little bitch, why do you have to be so nasty all the time,” Teasel growled and hovered up beside Apple. “She is just jealous Apple; let’s go see the piggy wigs. Teasel tugged on Apple’s wrist.

Apple pulled his wrist free, “I think she is serious Teasel, are you really serious Farrow?” Apple gave her a no nonsense look.

She rolled her eyes and flew round in a figure of eight before hovering again; she looked down over Apple’s nakedness and giggled. They had grown up together she was used to seeing him like this.

“Give me a kiss on the lips, and I’ll tell you the truth Apple my sweetheart, “

She chewed on her finger seductively.

“Farrow you know damn well why that won’t happen; and I am not your sweet anything” Apple looked back at Teasel now hovering with his arms folded looking sulky.

Farrow buzzed annoyingly round them, then came back to hover again.

“Well, the dark lord Dixton is on his way, you two are so much in love even the water demons can feel it.” Farrow spit out spitefully then flew off back to the pond.

Apple flew up to Teasel and took his wrist again to tug him skyward.

“Whoa, steady on Apple, where are we going now?” Teasel tried to force a stop, but he was no match for Apples strength.

Apple stopped and lowered them both down onto a Lily pad in the centre of the second pond.

“If Dixton really is on his way then I shall need my weapons to defend you Teasel my love,” Apple’s eyes were soft as he stroked his lover’s cheek.

“I can fight my own battles Apple!” Teasel growled and pushed the hand from his cheek. He flew partly away and then turned, “I’m not a baby Apple stop treating me like one.” He then flew off.

Apple growled and chased after him grabbing Teasel’s ankle and making him turn as he tugged hard.

“I’m not protecting you that way Teasel, I’m protecting you because I love you, and in my world that means something.”

Teasel sneered and wrestled his foot free.

“Go tell that to your new girlfriend Farrow then! I’m sure she will happily let you play the big brave hunk, I bet it’s more than a kiss she wants,” Teasel nodded down to Apples groin.

“Oh now that is childish Teasel! I’m gay, and she has always been like a little sister to me.” Apple rolled his eyes and smiled, “come here and kiss me my beautiful fay.” Teasel couldn’t resist that smile, that soft curve of Apples raised brow, always followed by that lick of his lips. Teasel growled huskily and took hold of Apple’s face holding it gently as he leaned in to kiss those sweet tasting lips; they wrapped themselves around each other, bodies melding to one as their wings flapped furiously to keep them in the air.

Suddenly Teasel’s head flew back his face contorted in pain as he cried out noisily, clutching his back as he fell towards the ground. It took a few seconds for Apple to realise what had happened, and then he made a dive like never before, he had to catch teasel before he hit the ground. Apples arms went under Teasels waist just before he was about to fall on a rock. Apple groaned under the weight but managed to fly a little to the left to lay Teasel on his side, to look at the damage. Teasel’s eyes were closed but he was still breathing if raggy.

Apple inspected his back, then growled at the zigzag sharp blade impaled in Teasel’s right side. His skin was turning a nasty shade of purple from the poison loaded blade. Apple took hold of the glittering zigzag and tugged it free. Teasel winced but didn’t wake. He had to get the poison out and quickly. Apple turned Teasel just slightly so he could suck on the small wound. Giving a hard suck then a spit and again until the purple tinge had faded. Teasel moaned but still didn’t wake.

A dark blue cloud descended over them and then vanished leaving a tall figure stood there, eyes cold, face sharp, body lithe and muscular. Apple looked up slowly with Teasel cradled in his arms,

“Is he going to die?” Apple’s lower lip trembled his eyes sparkled with tears.

Dixton moved closer and crouched down; his tight trews clung to his thighs and showed off every contour of what was beneath them.

“He doesn’t have to die Apple, you can still save him.” His voice was like a blast of cold air hitting Apple’s cheek and he shuddered,

“But how? You…you killed him... How can I help him now?

“Firstly a quest. It could cost you your life, but he will still live, should you complete it or die trying. Will you give your life or risk it for his?”

Without hesitation Apple lay Teasel carefully down and stood,

“Yes I will die for my love, it will also prove to you that love conquers all, and you will find peace from it.” Apple puffed out his chest proudly, I have brought peace to many wars and I shall go on and bring peace to you Dark Lord Dixton.”

Then I shall keep him breathing until you return from the quest, if you haven’t returned in one week, I will presume you died trying. Either way he will be revived and returned to his meadow.”

Apple looked up at Dixton, then crouched down to Teasel and stroked his cheek, “I will not fail you my love, I shall return, I won’t leave you alone.” Dixton pulled him up to his feet enough of this love nonsense, he is safe with me. Let me tell you my quest.” Dixton nodded over to a fallen tree and Apple followed him there, still with a view of Teasel. Apple lowered himself to sit down on the smooth trunk of the tree.

Dixton sat and crossed his legs. “Your quest is to rescue an ancient artefact, a ring lost by my true love. While I am forced to remain separated from her I will allow no others to share love.” The look Dixton gave Apple was to remain silent.

“The human of this kingdom holds it, and you Apple will get it back.” Dixton stood and paced up and down and then sat again,

“It was almost a hundred years ago that my love threw it away, and left the kingdom. She now lies sleeping in the iron bird’s shelter. She will not wake until I return it to her.”

“So you want me to get this back? If it saves Teasel I’ll do it, I will complete your quest.” Apple replied, “How long do I have to complete this quest?”

Dixton stood and looked up at the blue sky, “You have as long as it takes Apple, and I will keep your precious Teasel alive until you return but he will not wake.”

“Then I shall do it now! Apple growled back, and stretched out his wings and flapped them softly, “Harm one hair on my lover’s head and I will hunt you down Dixton. Dark lord or not I will not rest until your blood stains the earth.”

Dixton sneered, “You better say your goodbye’s first, just in case you do not return.”

Apple flew over to where Teasel still lay softly sleeping and lowered himself down to kneel beside the sleeping form, kissing Teasel’s forehead and then his lips, “ I will return my love as soon as I possibly can.” Apple sprinkled a little fairy dust over Teasels tangled curls, “At least your dreams will be sweet my darling.” With another soft kiss on Teasels lips, and with a soft flutter of his wings Apple flew skyward and then towards the humans nest.

 

^*^*^*^*^*^

 

The human stood half-naked outdoors chopping up logs, his black beast lay a few feet away sleeping. Apple darted one way then the other making sure both were sufficiently distracted and couldn’t see him. Once satisfied Apple flew towards the open window and lowered himself down onto the windows ledge and peeked inside. The other strange beast lay curled up on the human’s seat. Apple flew around the room, “If I was a human where would I hide a ring?” Beside the window stood a huge desk and it was piled high with clutter. Apple smiled. This particular human was gentle and did everything he could to protect his kingdom with love and kindness towards all the fauna and flora that shared it. Apple settled down on the desk and looked at the large lit up square in front of him. The human face that smiled back at him was different. He was so handsome and had the same look in his eyes that Teasel did. So human males could be in love too? Apple giggled to himself. The humans look also gave a look of naughtiness, and then Apple spotted the ring on the human’s finger. Well that can’t be it? Apple flew closer and felt over the smooth surface and frowned. There was no way inside, was it spell cast? Circling the square he could find no way inside. Apple then looked round the room again to the other squares hung on the walls and stood on strange shapes. They were all the same human but the expressions were different some laughing some smiling and some of the poses were even naughty. Apple blushed and thought of Teasel again. “I must find the ring” he thought.

He flew back to the desk and landed on it and began to search over the many shelves piled with paper in every form.

Apple stepped forward and heard a loud beep, he looked down to see the strange thing he had stood on, it was covered in strange symbols and lights, and then he froze as he heard the loud menacing hiss behind him…..

Copyright © 2011 Mark92; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Love the opening to that chapter baby, plenty for us to visualise and vivd characters straight away :) looking forward to seeing where this goes :):hug:

Link to comment
On 10/04/2011 02:28 AM, Agaith said:
Love the opening to that chapter baby, plenty for us to visualise and vivd characters straight away :) looking forward to seeing where this goes :):hug:
Awwww thankyou baby :hug: Its very different and light glad you like it :hug::wub:
Link to comment

Ohhhhh, I loved it. You write so vividly, I can 'see' everything. I love Apple and Teasel and I so, so want to see these unique characters win out.

Link to comment
On 10/04/2011 03:47 AM, Nephylim said:
Ohhhhh, I loved it. You write so vividly, I can 'see' everything. I love Apple and Teasel and I so, so want to see these unique characters win out.
And you know what Nephy? Stuby said Nephy will love this story hahahaha They are very charming and I have pics of tha characters if you would like to see? Thankyou for enjoying :):hug::wub:
Link to comment

Hey Mark, I don't usually read anything "out of the ordinary" (I am boring that way), but wanted to read this only b/c I read something else you wrote and it was really good.

 

Your writing is beautiful and so descriptive. I feel like I'm a fly on the wall and can see what's going on just by your words. Great job!

Link to comment
On 10/04/2011 08:19 AM, Lisa said:
Hey Mark, I don't usually read anything "out of the ordinary" (I am boring that way), but wanted to read this only b/c I read something else you wrote and it was really good.

 

Your writing is beautiful and so descriptive. I feel like I'm a fly on the wall and can see what's going on just by your words. Great job!

Awww thank you Lisa :) it is a different style for me but its great fun to do, Thanks again :hug:
Link to comment

Alas, methinks Marky and Stuby had better watch out. The Dark Lord Dixton could show up anytime, anywhere. tongue.png

 

Fascinating story and, yes, very descriptive. It's great that you're challenging yourself here. This stuff is pure imagination. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment
On 10/04/2011 12:59 PM, Conner said:
Alas, methinks Marky and Stuby had better watch out. The Dark Lord Dixton could show up anytime, anywhere. tongue.png

 

Fascinating story and, yes, very descriptive. It's great that you're challenging yourself here. This stuff is pure imagination. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hahahaa Conner you always put a grin on my face hahahaha. OK you got it but who's who??

I am loving doing this i'm totally in love with nature and my Stuby :wub:

Thanks Conner :hug:

Link to comment

Okay. It wasn't hard to imagine you as a warsp and Stuby as a...um...teasel :P. Don't get mad yet, there was a complement somewhere in there:). I love the story. It kind of did something with my imagination...

Link to comment
On 10/20/2011 03:13 AM, Michael9344 said:
Okay. It wasn't hard to imagine you as a warsp and Stuby as a...um...teasel :P. Don't get mad yet, there was a complement somewhere in there:). I love the story. It kind of did something with my imagination...
LOL actually I am Teasel and Stuby is Apple :P Thanks for reading and reviewing :hug:
Link to comment
On 10/20/2011 03:13 AM, Michael9344 said:
Okay. It wasn't hard to imagine you as a warsp and Stuby as a...um...teasel :P. Don't get mad yet, there was a complement somewhere in there:). I love the story. It kind of did something with my imagination...
LOL actually I am Teasel and Stuby is Apple :P Thanks for reading and reviewing :hug:
Link to comment
On 05/17/2012 08:24 AM, Foster said:
Magical, of course I like it.
Awwww thank you Bugsy :hug: It was fun too do. It's my world and I love it :) Thanks again :hug:
Link to comment
On 05/24/2012 05:10 PM, JOeKEool said:
I am loving this Mark. Great story Great characters. Great writing. Pure beauty.
Thank you JOe It was such a pleasure to write it x
Link to comment
On 06/15/2013 08:48 AM, Cay Cee said:
"nice start to an adventure, can't wait to read more! :wizard:
Thank you Cay Hope you like the rest x thanks again
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..