Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 1,368 Words
  • 3,403 Views
  • 16 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dilemma - 1. Chapter 1

Just a little short something I threw together and wanted to share.

Its 9:30 on a Friday night and here I lay in my bed staring up at the ceiling. I would say I’m bored, but I’m not. I’m contemplative right now.

I used to love Fridays. Fridays meant no school the next day, which meant staying up late hanging out my friends. Man, those were the days. Hanging out at Patrick’s, horsing around, joning on each other, telling ‘Yo momma’ jokes till his mom cut on the porch light then it was time to head inside to watch wrestling. We all had our favorites. Patrick’s mom made all kinds of goodies, from chips, pizza rolls, pigs in a blanket and all the ‘Sunny D’ we could drink.

Don’t get me wrong, my mom catered our Friday nights as well, all of our moms did. It was just Patrick’s mom, Mrs. Gibson was the coolest. She didn’t complain if we got too loud. She didn’t threaten us with cutting off the television if we didn’t stop horsing around and she didn’t even yell. Well, she did but not too loud when Johnny and Matt broke her lamp. My mom would have had a stroke, trust me.

My boys, Patrick, Johnny, Matthew and me, we were like the ‘Four Musketeers,’ thick as thieves since the third grade.

I remember the time I stole my daddy’s cigarettes and we all went behind the house to smoke them. It looked easy enough when the grownups did it. But, Man it wasn’t. I think we all got sick that day. Our parents wondered what was wrong and why we went to bed early on a Friday night. My dad figured it out and came to my room asking if I knew where his cigarettes were. I lied of course, but I knew he knew. He sniffed the air and arched his brow before turning to leave but I remember him saying. “I hope you feel better and learned your lesson.” I’m sure he never told my mom otherwise I would have heard about it. Again trust me, I know my mom.

Karen. My mom’s name is Karen. She’s beautiful, all my friends think so. Her skin is as smooth and caramel like a piece of ‘Werther’s’ original candy. She wears her hair natural, twists most of the time and just a hint of gloss on her lips and she has a mouth on her. She’s no match for my dad. In our house the motto is, ‘If Momma’s happy everybody’s happy’ and if she’s not…look out.

Oh yeah, back to Fridays and why I’m at home alone. Please don’t feel sorry for me, it’s my own fault. I was invited out. I’m always invited out. The four musketeers remember, that hasn’t changed. It’s all for one and one for all.

It’s me; I’m the one that changed…I think.

Our freshman year in high school, wow, when I think about it we weren’t your usual freshmen, “fish” nawh we were the “shit” coming in. Everyone knew us; we had a little reputation you could say.

Matt, was heading straight for the soccer field bringing along with him his skills and his brother’s, last name who was a senior at the time. Everyone knew Matt was Kevin’s little brother and he didn’t leave us behind. Any parties Kevin was invited to, he made sure Matt could come, and in turn Matt made sure it was cool to bring us. Never leave a man behind.

Me, my five-foot nine, lean frame made me perfect for B-ball, that was my forte, basketball. I hit a mean three-pointer if I do say so myself. Not trying to toot my own horn, but ‘toot toot.’

This is where the Fridays come into play. Most Friday nights someone is having a party. There’s underage drinking, sad to say but true. There’s loud music, dancing and lots and lots of pretty girls. Friday nights was deemed, ‘Get laid Fridays’. We all carried condoms; lord knows we didn’t need any babies or baby mommas running around. We were all college bond for goodness sake. But if you didn’t get fucked on Fridays it was your own damn fault. The girls were there for the taking, the pond was stocked you could say. And with us being athletes we could have any girl we wanted.

Kevin and his buddies made sure we knew who was good in bed, who gave great head and who would let you run a train, that’s what Johnny wanted to do. “All for one and one for all.” Good old Johnny.

The parties got boring for me since I didn’t drink, smoke and didn’t like dancing, usually I would nurse a warm beer just to keep up appearances, but then that got old too.

Everyone lost their virginity our freshman year, all except me, but the boys don’t know it. I made up lie saying I had a girl at my grandmother’s that way they would never meet her or ever find out that I was still a virgin. Yep, seventeen years old and never been laid. Pathetic I know, but it’s true.

When I made up this lie, I didn’t anticipate senior prom. My friends believed me when I told them about the girl, why wouldn’t they? Why would I lie? They are all dying to meet her at the prom. So my dilemma is do I keep up this charade, get one of my cousins to act as said girlfriend or come clean.

The truth is there is no girl, there is no one. I wondered about myself a few years back, tall, good looking guy who some would say has it going on. Could have any girl I want, and that’s the kicker, I’m totally not into girls. All the research I’ve done allude to the fact that I might be gay.

Okay, let me not lie to myself, I am gay.

I fit the stereotype however; jock, teen, and in the closet. It’s not where I want to be, I want to be out, hanging out with my friends, doing the things we used to do. Only the difference would be this time I would have some fine ass dude by my side. Rooting for me at my games, going to the after parties with me. I want to tell them, hell, tell my parents even. They don’t know. But I’m afraid they won’t understand, won’t accept me for who I am, when in reality I haven’t changed, I’m still me. Underneath it all I’m still me, but will they see that?

What about the jokes Patrick tells his “Homo” jokes that I shamefully laugh at. Would I seem like a hypocrite, a coward…maybe? But they make it so hard.

All I know is I can’t keep doing this. This is unhealthy for me. I read about teen suicide more than I like too. I don’t want to be another statistic, not like that anyway. Hell, I want to be known as a leader, one who leads the pack not follows it. Who I sleep with or love shouldn’t be anyone’s business. My mother and father, say they love me, they should still love me. And my best friends, Patrick, Johnny and Matthew, we’ve been friends forever; me being gay shouldn’t change that…Should it? It’s not like I’ve patted them on the ass, made googly eyes at them or tried to cop a feel. Damn I hate that stereotype was well; just because you’re gay doesn’t mean you want every guy you see.

I can do one of two things. I can continue to spend my Friday nights alone in my room looking up at the ceiling or I can come clean. After all when it’s all said and done, it’s my life and I have to live it, no one else can live if for me. It’s not going to be easy and when I get up, head out there to tell my parents, I might chicken out and just grab something from the fridge and come back here.

If I don’t do it, that’s okay, there’s always a next time.

There will always be a next time, until that time arrives.

Hope you enjoyed it....
Copyright © 2012 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Aahhhhh, damn, I used up all my 'likes'. Sorry Kim.

 

Great story; too bad it's only one chapter. I love the way you get in the kid's mind; it's so realistic. I felt his pain. I would love to read another chapter, or two, or three. You did a great job with the first person pov. =)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You just... ended it... *sobs* I'm selfish I wanted to know what happened net :( It was good though, I enjoyed it good job!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2012 08:25 AM, Lalanekomaster said:
You just... ended it... *sobs* I'm selfish I wanted to know what happened net :( It was good though, I enjoyed it good job!
Lalanekomaster, thank you so much, glad you enjoyed my little drabble. It was supposed to be short and sweet. lol Again thanks,

 

Kim :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2012 07:53 AM, Lisa said:
Aahhhhh, damn, I used up all my 'likes'. Sorry Kim.

 

Great story; too bad it's only one chapter. I love the way you get in the kid's mind; it's so realistic. I felt his pain. I would love to read another chapter, or two, or three. You did a great job with the first person pov. =)

Merci, Lisa, glad you liked it. It was something I was thinking and decided to put it on canvas. It is my first person pov, so I appreiciate you noting that, and taking the time to leave a review. You Rock, chica.

 

Kim ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like the first person perspective, it feels different from your other stuff (but I like both :D) I do wish you continued this story, but it's nice as a one chapter piece too. Thanks for sharing :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2012 05:28 PM, intune said:
I like the first person perspective, it feels different from your other stuff (but I like both :D) I do wish you continued this story, but it's nice as a one chapter piece too. Thanks for sharing :)
Merci, intune. It was my shot at it, first person pov with only one person was easier than I thought, dont think I'm ready to tackle first person with more than that just yet. lol thanks for giving it a look and leaving a review. I should been sending you the next chapter of Hello, shortly ;)

 

Kim

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So glad you decided to share this. Fleety has been telling me about some of your stories, so when I saw this new one, I decided to dive in, and so glad that I did. First person pov makes for a great short one like this, and a great job it is.blush1.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/23/2012 04:35 AM, joann414 said:
So glad you decided to share this. Fleety has been telling me about some of your stories, so when I saw this new one, I decided to dive in, and so glad that I did. First person pov makes for a great short one like this, and a great job it is.blush1.gif
Joann, thanks for giving Dilemma a chance. It really was somthing I just threw together in an hour or so. I wasn't even going to post it till I ran it by Jammi and Ryan they thought it was good enough to post so I did. I hope it helps folks to see that coming out is not an easy choice, but it's their own choice to do when they are ready. again thanks so much.

 

Kim :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This short story hits close to home...reminds me of times when I was a teenager questioning evrything in my life. I remember thinking that I would never survive school, friends, family ...but I did. People need to know how difficult life can be for a self doubting gay kid,,,,,just sayin'.................Mike

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/23/2012 08:14 AM, flamingo136 said:
This short story hits close to home...reminds me of times when I was a teenager questioning evrything in my life. I remember thinking that I would never survive school, friends, family ...but I did. People need to know how difficult life can be for a self doubting gay kid,,,,,just sayin'.................Mike
That's execty my point, Mike. I know my little drabble just scraped the surface, but that was my intention, to show that most gay teens go through it, and it's okay. Comng out is a personal choice that should be made when you're ready. Like my character said, if he didn't do it then, there will always be a next time until the right time.

 

Thanks so much for posting a review, I really do appreicate it.

 

Kim :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hmmm... I can totally identify with the guy! Going through this yes-no-i don't know phase.. I'm not confused regarding my 'preferences' but who do I confide in? *sigh*

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/24/2012 04:34 AM, Krisz said:
Hmmm... I can totally identify with the guy! Going through this yes-no-i don't know phase.. I'm not confused regarding my 'preferences' but who do I confide in? *sigh*
Awww, Krisz, it's so true, many can relate, I was hoping for this response. We all can relate. thanks for taking the time to pop in, spend a little time with me and share you thoughts.

 

Kim ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

just checked here in and what did i found.. such a wonderful short story. you nailed this dilemma spot on and i have to admit that it's these kind of stories that keep me thinking .. in a good way. that shows the dilemma as it were my own. these untroubled young days, this easygoing,( liked your style of telling with all these cool verbatisms here) the four musketeers... than the lying, the questions the what if's until the time arrives.. so beautiful and thoughtful written and i know a lot of people, me included, can identify with this guy.. <3 annette

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/10/2012 06:35 AM, asonearth said:
just checked here in and what did i found.. such a wonderful short story. you nailed this dilemma spot on and i have to admit that it's these kind of stories that keep me thinking .. in a good way. that shows the dilemma as it were my own. these untroubled young days, this easygoing,( liked your style of telling with all these cool verbatisms here) the four musketeers... than the lying, the questions the what if's until the time arrives.. so beautiful and thoughtful written and i know a lot of people, me included, can identify with this guy.. <3 annette
Danke Nettie Poo.

Yeah it was one of the Sunday mornings I was laying in bed and it just came to me...it was short but I hope it hit the point I was hoping to make... Miss ya girl. MWAH

Link to comment

Of yourse I liked the story - I know the dilemma first hand. What I did NOT know is that our German "Werther's" candy had made it to the US. I should have suspected it, when they changed the name from "Werther's Echte" to "Werther's Original" after a century in the market - that must have been the time when they went international. Enjoy it!

Markus (Koenigswinter, Germany)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/04/2012 06:51 AM, Markus Dorst said:
Of yourse I liked the story - I know the dilemma first hand. What I did NOT know is that our German "Werther's" candy had made it to the US. I should have suspected it, when they changed the name from "Werther's Echte" to "Werther's Original" after a century in the market - that must have been the time when they went international. Enjoy it!

Markus (Koenigswinter, Germany)

Hahaha, Markus, yep been enjoying Werther's for years... and I'm happy you enjoyed Dilemma...the story that is

 

Kim :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..