Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 8,987 Words
  • 11,874 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A servant's duty. - 1. A Servant's duty

A Servant's Duty

Amos is a servant, the personal servant to young Lord Byron Wells in fact.

As children Amos and Byron had been friends. As a child Byron was cared for by his father’s staff and had no need of a true servant but he chose Amos as his companion. Mainly because Amos’ mother was the head of Wells Manor kitchen staff and had a tendency to supply Byron with sweets when he would sneak down to the kitchens.

Though he originally befriended Amos so the boy would bring him sweets from his mother they soon became fast friends and when Byron’s father, the then Lord Casein Wells, gave his son the chance to choose the boy that would one day become his manservant he chose Amos.

Amos was always a very large boy; he was strong and muscular even as a child. He was often chastised for becoming a lowly manservant for Byron did give him the option of saying no when he could have become one of Lord Casein’s Manor guards.

It was widely known that the Guards were the most well paid of any of the servants or employees of the house and with Amos’ size he would have made a formidable Guard.

Amos though, always thought he got the better end of the deal. While it was true he was not entitled to much money in his position there were many other benefits. Being the companion of the Lord’s son and heir granted him an education as he always accompanied him when he met with his tutor.

Another widely known fact was that the Manor Guards were poorly educated, learned only in weapon and battle skills. Even if they lived long enough to retire with the money they were entitled they had no knowledge of what to do afterward, no knowledge of what living cost. For Amos, if and when he ever left the Manor’s service, this would not be a problem.

Even though he would take the position of Byron’s manservant for a few years his education in service began when the boys were young. Despite knowing their different status in life neither boy paid it much heed when they were children. In private the boys played and talked together as the friends they were, only in public or around his father did Byron treat young Amos as a servant in training.

When both boys turned thirteen, (their birthdays were within a few weeks of each other) Lord Casein decided that it was time for Amos to begin to earn his keep as Byron’s manservant.

On Amos’ thirteenth birthday he was given a copy of the key to Byron’s room, a bright red shirt with a patch sewn into the chest, a shield with a lion’s head on it, that marked him as an official servant of Wells Manor and Byron gave him a set of laced leather cuffs. These cuffs would one day be branded with Byron’s personal insignia, as soon as he created one, therefore marking Amos as Byron’s personal servant.

Amos would be obligated to wear the cuffs for the duration of his service to Byron, only taking them off to sleep and bathe. In addition to all this, and to his and Byron’s great delight, he was given a room near Byron’s. The room was much larger than the one he shared with his mother in the servant’s house; though he knew it was so that he would always be close to Byron, he enjoyed the room and the freedom immensely.

The years passed and though Amos and Byron still had daily contact they began to drift apart somewhat. They could no longer deny the fact that Amos was his servant, that it was his duty to take care of his masters needs and desires.

At first Byron tried to keep from giving Amos orders. It was now Amos’ duty to keep Byron’s quarters clean, bring him his meals when he was not dinning with his father, and tend to all other chores and duties that concerned Byron.

Byron often tried to give these duties to other members of the Manor staff; wanting to keep his friend by him. Lord Casein had a cruel streak though, he was known for taking his anger out on the servants of the house, and when the other house servants began to complain that Amos was not doing his duty Lord Casein set out to punish him for it.

Byron found out what his father planned and on the night when Lord Casein sent for Amos it was Byron who showed up instead.

“What are you doing here Byron? I have other business to tend to tonight.” Casein said bluntly and Byron saw the small horsewhip laying coiled on the table and the flat leather slip next to it.

Byron shivered when he saw these; he had been on the received end of that leather paddle as a boy…part of him remembered how Amos had comforted him and took care of his bruises when he discovered them.

It was the whip that scared him the most though, he had seen his father use that whip on thieves and trespassers that dared to come on to his land…he had also seen several servants on the receiving end of that whip for breaking his fathers rules.

“I know father, and I won’t let you go through with it.” Byron said quietly but with determination. This was the first time he had ever stood up to his father. He would not allow his father to hurt his beloved Amos.

That was Byron’s true motivation; he loved his boyhood friend dearly and did not want to taint that love having to order the young man about, force him to clean his room, draw his bath, and tend to his meals and clothing.

“What is it that you think you know my son?” Casein asked coldly.

“You plan to punish Amos for not performing his duties as he should. I won’t allow you to.” Byron was doing his best to keep the fear out of his voice.

“Why is it that you won’t allow me to do so? He knows my rules as well as any other servant, perform your duties or be punished. How do you plan to stop me?” Casein asked, advancing on his thirteen year old son.

“I won’t allow you to punish him because it is not his fault. I have kept him from performing his duties. If you must punish someone than punish me, which is why I have come here.” Byron replied as he stepped forward, his chin raised defiantly.

“Why have you kept your servant from performing his duties? You chose Amos four years ago for this exact reason.” Casein said but Byron refused to answer, he could never tell his father the truth.

“If you do not answer me boy your punishment will be worse.” Casein’s voice was menacing as he spoke but Byron refused to answer.

“So be it then, I did warn you.” Casein growled lowly before he took his son by the arm and tossed him against the wall before tearing his tunic over his head. With a strip of rope he secured his son’s hands to a peg on the wall, stretching his arms over his head.

What followed was the worse pain that Byron would ever experience in his life. First his father used the leather paddle, not only across his back but his sides and arms as well. When his skin had been burned red, Casein laid it aside and picked up the horse whip.

Whether out of hesitation or some lingering care for him Byron was aware, even through the pain he felt, knew that his father was softening his blows with the whip. The cuts he made were not nearly as deep as they could have been.

When his father was done with his punishment his arms were unbound and Byron lay face down on the hard stone floor. Before drifting into unconsciousness he heard him whisper, “You brought this on yourself boy. See to it that I never have to do it again, or I will punish your servant ten times worse…and make you watch.”

Byron was never sure how he got back to his room. His father must have called some of the servants to take him and called for the Manor physician, Edmund, to tend to his wounds.

He never told Amos what happened, and he made sure no one else did as well.

A few days after his punishment though Amos came to his room and for the first time he was carrying his breakfast tray. After placing it on the table he crossed to the window and pulled back the curtain, allowing light into his room.

“Good morning Sire. I have brought you your breakfast,” Amos said as he turned to his Master, “Do you require a bath this morning? If so I will draw one immediately.” Amos said, leaving Byron looking confused.

Byron stood up, glad for the long nightshirt that covered his bruises that fell to his knees.

“Amos what are you doing, you have never tended to me before.” Byron replied but Amos shook his head.

“It was a mistake my lord. I can no longer ignore my duties as your servant, nor shall you. What do you require of me today?” Amos asked, for the first time looking at his friend, his eyes pleading with him to not question him further.

Byron swallowed hard and resigned himself to the fact that his friend was lost to him.

“I do not require much today Amos. I am feeling a bit ill and will likely spend the rest of the day here in my room. I do not require a bath today either. While I eat you may tidy up around my room. Once you are finished take my tray to the kitchen. I will have a list of things for you to do when you return.” Byron said as he walked over to the table to his food.

Amos nodded and set about cleaning up.

It did not take long for them to fall into a rhythm. Soon anyone who did not know better would never think that the two young men had once been the best of friends. To the entire world they were master and servant, Amos tending to his Master’s every need.

Years passed and as time went on Amos and Byron managed to regain some of their former friendship in private, but it never reached the level that it had been.

On the eve of Byron’s twenty first birthday Casein died, he had been sickly for ages and it was not much of a surprise.

Not many of the servants of the Manor were touched by his passing. Since his abuse of Byron Casein had turned cold and cruel, and made many enemies in his own household.

So it became that Byron became Lord Byron, he took over his father manor and his affairs of state. Though he was young he came to be respected by the other Lords of the state.

“Do you require anything further from me this afternoon Sir?” Amos’ voice pulled Byron from the papers he was examining; one farmer whose land he owned was having trouble with his crops. If something did not change he would have a very small harvest.

Byron looked up at his much taller manservant. At twenty five Amos stood at least six foot tall, a full foot taller than himself. He was broad shouldered with a thick chest and equally well proportioned arms and legs.

His simple beige tunic was unlaced enough to show his dark furred chest, that was always something about his friend that fascinated him, how hairy Amos was. His chest, arms, and legs were coated liberally with dark black hair.

“No Amos, I require nothing further until supper this evening. I’ll be dinning in my room.” Byron said as he watched Amos adjust his leather cuffs. Amos had been scrubbing the floors and windows today and had unlaced his cuffs enough to pull them up to his elbows to keep them from the water and dirt.

“Very well Sir. I will return with supper at the appropriate time.” Amos spoke with a smile as he bowed his head to his Master.

Amos was about to close the door when Byron called out to him, a sudden thought coming to him.

“Actually Amos, unless you have a more pleasurable activity in mind, I wonder if you could run to town for me?” Byron asked as Amos re-entered the room.

“No sir, I have only a few articles of clothing I need to darn, but they can wait until after supper.” Amos replied.

“There is a traveling merchant that has come to town. I have heard he has a beautiful black leather cuff set with a large moss stone. I wish to procure it. Go and tidy yourself however you see fit and return here, I will have the money waiting for you.” At this Amos smiled and left the room.

He gave his bucket, scrub brush and rags to a passing scullery maid with instructions to empty it and return it to the kitchens before going to his room. Since Byron was now the Lord of Wells Manor Amos now had some more pull with the servants of the house.

Byron was the complete opposite of his father, treating the servants of the Manor kindly and with respect and for that they returned his goodness by giving him good service. As his manservant, confidant, and traveling companion that respect carried over to Amos.

Once back in his room he stripped out of his work clothes and went to the small basin by his window. He took the kettle that sat near his banked fire and poured some of the hot water into the basin. Once he was cleaned up he pulled on his official servant’s shirt and fresh britches.

He checked his reflection in his small mirror to assure that the black stubble along his jaw didn’t need trimmed and that his short black hair was clean before he returned to his Master’s room.

“Is there anything else that you require while I am in town my Lord?” Amos asked once Byron passed him a small bag of coins.

“Yes, go to Maria’s Bakery and get yourself one of her strawberry tarts, I know how much you love them.” Byron replied with a smile and Amos smiled in return, his Master knew him very well.

Amos was almost out the door when Byron called to him.

“Yes master?” Amos asked, slightly puzzled.

“Bring me one of Maria’s tarts as well. I love them too.” Amos smiled.

Soon Amos had his horse saddled and was on a quick trot to town. Usually only Guards were entitled their own mounts but the chestnut gelding he rode had been given to him as a gift from his Master.

Byron figured that since he often sent Amos to town or had him accompany him on his travels that he needed a stead that was better tailored to his control.

“Hail Amos, to where do you travel today?” The old man’s voice called to him as he passed through the gates to the small village, Cypress Hold. Byron’s Manor was located only a few miles from the village proper, in fact he owned a large quantity of land around the village.

“Hail Aaron. I travel to meet a merchant for my Master. What brings you to the Cypress Hold today?” Aaron was a farmer, the land he worked was owned by Lord Byron’s estate, Aaron and his family had been working the land since Amos was a child.

“I came to see the black smith, my plow blade is in need of repairing and I am unable to do so myself.” Aaron replied and Amos nodded.

“How much will it cost you to repair?” Amos asked as he dismounted to lead his horse through the dusty streets.

Cypress hold was not a large village so it did not cobble its streets. It made for dusty conditions during the Summer, muddy in the Spring, and treacherous in the Winter.

“Ten silver pieces, unfortunately.” Aaron answered.

“Remember to send your repair bill into the manor and Lord Byron will reimburse you.” Amos said and Aaron nodded. It was common knowledge that Lord Byron took care of the farmers who worked the land he owned.

A small tax was due each year from the sale of the crops and livestock that grew on the lands while the rest was for the farmers and livestock breeders to live on and replenish their stocks.

In addition to the tax another small fee was established, the proceeds of this were set aside in case any of the equipment that worked the land needed repairs or replacement.

“That I will do Amos; give your Master my greetings.” Aaron said as he clapped Amos on the shoulder and let him go about his business.

It didn’t take long for Amos to navigate through the streets of Cypress Hold. While it was not a large Village it acted as a trade area for travelers and traveling merchants.

The Merchant he sought was easily found. He had a large wagon set up in a small alcove of the Vendor’s area of the Village. It was in this area that all the merchants had their establishments. It also housed the local tavern, The Green Boar, and one of the towns’ two Inns.

“Ahh your garb marks you as a servant from Wells manor,” The Merchant he sought called as Amos stepped up to his stall, his eyes taking the coat of arms on Amos’ shirt, “What can I do for you today my good man.”

“My Master has heard tell that you have a black cuff set with a Moss stone, he wishes for me to procure it for him.” Amos replied as he took in the goods that were displayed on the cart that the merchant stood behind. Amos noticed that many of them were gemstone oriented.

He reached under the top of his cart and pulled a black box from under it. Opening it with a flourish he revealed not one but two handsome black leather cuffs. The cuffs, like his own, were fastened by laces; the area around the large dark green stones was rounded with the bands of the cuffs thinner.

“Your Master is in the best of luck. Twenty silvers for the set.” The merchant said and Amos smiled, Master Byron had given him thirty silvers to pay just in case.

“So ten silvers for a single cuff then?” Amos asked, wanting to confirm.

“Alas I cannot sell only one cuff, you see these two stones are brothers; carved from the same stone. It would be most troubling to the spirits of the stones to separate them from one another.” The Merchant replied and Amos shook his head.

“Trust me young servant your master will be much pleased. And in the interest of selling them, for you see I must be returning home soon, I will lower my price. Fifteen silver pieces.” The Merchant said but Amos would not hear of it.

“No, no I will pay the full twenty; your price is lower than what my Master expected.” Amos said as he counted out the twenty silver pieces from the pouch at his belt.

“It is good doing business with you.” The Merchant called as Amos tucked the box with the cuffs into his saddle bag then set off through the village.

Amos stopped at the bakery and after purchasing the tarts he returned to Wells Manor.

Once back in his Masters room he placed the black box on the table before him along with his strawberry tart.

“Two cuffs?” Byron asked, confused but not angry.

“Yes my Lord. I tried to barter for only one but the Merchant would not hear of it.” Amos said before relating the story he had been told.

“Ahh yes, I would not want to insult the spirits,” Byron said as he removed one of the cuffs from the box, “I will have to keep the other one until I find a suitable owner.”

With that he held out the cuff to his servant and asked for his aid in tying the laces.

“Amos, I require that you dine with me this evening.” Byron said quietly as he looked up at his servant.

“Of course my Lord, if you desire it I will be here.” Amos answered, suppressing a small smile.

“I do, you may go until this evening.” Byron replied as he moved away from his servant, unable to meet his eyes anymore.

As Amos left the room Byron took his seat again and took up the small box that held the other cuff.

As he gazed at it he thought of the leather cuffs his servant wore. Byron knew that the cuffs had to have been replaced at some point in time. Amos had never come to him to replace them, as he would expect; but he was sure they had been for the cuffs he wore were as shiny and sturdy as the day they had been given to him.

Even the brand that was placed on them, a simple diamond with a circle and cross inside of it, seemed as perfect and clear as the day it was pressed in. One would expect some sort of damage and wear and tear.

Byron thought for a moment of giving the second cuff to his servant, and once his best friend; but then thought better of it. Unlike himself Amos had forgotten those days, forgotten their friendship and days as companions.

It was for that reason he felt guilty for what he and Amos would do that night, he would give Amos the chance to walk away, as he always did, and it was the fact that Amos never turned him away that assuaged his conscience.

                                                                * * *

Amos made sure to clean and prepare himself thoroughly before he picked up his and his Masters suppers that night from the kitchen. He knew well by now what to expect when Byron required his company for dinner.

“You do not have to remain if you do not wish to Amos.” Byron told him once their supper was finished.

Amos did not answer; he never did, but walked over to his master where he stood by the window. As his Master turned to face him Amos reached for the laces of his tunic and once they were untied he lifted the soft red fabric over his head, revealing his tight, smooth, pale torso.

Amos would never touch Byron in too intimate of a way, he would only touch him enough arouse the slightly older man; he would not caress him in the ways he so desperately desired.

He longed to run his hands through the man’s corn silk hair and stare up into his bright brown eyes as he knelt before him, kissing and caressing his body. He could not though, not yet…

Amos fell to his knees and relieved his Master of his britches and undergarments to reveal the long, hard length of his manhood.

Carefully he took it in his hand and pulled back the foreskin to revel the bright pink head of his cock. Without hesitation he leaned forward and took his Master into his mouth, tasting the clear liquid that leaked from the slit as he pleasured Byron.

They did not last long like this, they never did; soon Byron was pulling himself free of the warmth of Amos’ mouth and pulled him to his feet. Byron turned from him as Amos removed his clothing; all but his cuffs, and moved to the bed.

Amos moved onto his Masters bed and waited on all fours until he felt the bed dip behind him and the pressed of his Master against his puckered entrance.

Amos bit his lower lip to keep from groaning at the intrusion. They had coupled many times in the past year but there was still a modicum of discomfort for Amos even though he prepped himself before each encounter.

Amos bottomed only for his trysts with Byron, in all his other rendezvous’ he was a top. He never told Byron that the first night he took him was the first time he had ever been penetrated.

It wasn’t that he took no pleasure from their coupling, once he was relaxed he was able to enjoy the fullness of Byron’s cock inside of him, especially when it grazed over his prostate. Despite that, Amos would always prefer to top.

It did not take long for Amos to loose himself in the feeling of his Masters cock moving inside of him, the sent of their sex in the air, the sound of skin against skin and the sounds of Byron breathing.

Soon Byron’s thrusts gained more speed and became harsher and Amos knew his Master was close.

“Amos.” Byron whispered and Amos felt his Master thrust into him hard and felt him release his seed inside of him.

Amos had not touched himself during their encounter and as Byron pulled himself from inside him he had felt no release.

As Byron moved off the bed collect a towel to clean himself up Amos moved to sit on the edge of the bed. As he reached for his britches he was shocked to feel Byron’s hand on his wrist.

Amos looked up to his Master, now dressed in only his undergarments, looking at him with a question in his eyes.

“You did not…” Byron asked, his question trailing off.

“N...no my lord.” Amos answered his voice a hoarse whisper.

Byron did not speak again, but pushed Amos back onto the bed and crawled in alongside him. For the first time in the year since they had begun to have sex Byron touched his cock.

Byron stroked his cock expertly, pushing him toward orgasm. Before, Amos had always brought himself to completion before Byron himself came but tonight he had become too lost in his senses and sensation.

Amos closed his eyes and gripped the sheets as Byron stroked him. He bit his lower lip to keep from calling Byron’s name.

“Spill your seed for me Amos.” Byron whispered sweetly in his ear and Amos couldn’t hold it in any longer.

“Byron…” He moaned before he erupted, his seed falling on his chest and stomach.

Amos still couldn’t bring himself to open his eyes, even when he felt Byron’s hand leave his softening manhood to rest it against his furry chest. He wasn’t sure how long he lay there before he realized that Byron had fallen asleep against him.

Carefully he moved out of the bed and pulled his clothing on; he would clean up in his own room.

Before he left he maneuvered his Master…his love… to lie properly on his bed and pulled the blanket over him. For a moment he caressed his face before leaning down to press his lips to his forehead.

“Goodnight my love.” He whispered before he blew out the oil lamp and left for his room.

Once he was back in his room and properly cleaned up Amos lay back on his bed and looked up at the dark ceiling.

After a year of secret trysts Byron had finally showed signs of embracing the love that Amos knew the man held for him.

Their romantic relationship had started easily enough. A year ago Byron had hosted a visiting dignitary and on the final night of his stay Byron had held a grand feast, and ended up consuming far too much wine.

That night when Amos led his master back to his room he intended to do nothing more than place him in bed, bid him goodnight, and return to his own room. He did not expect his Master to pull him down onto the bed with him and attack him with wet, sloppy kisses.

Amos could have stopped him, could have used his strength to subdue his Master and leave but he didn’t. Foolishly he thought that after so long of Master and Servant that Byron was ready…that he would share his love with him.

It wasn’t to be though, that first night had been nothing more than the first in a long line of assignations. Many times in the last year Amos had considered leaving, taking the offers of freedom that his Master had given him; but he could not bear the thought of leaving Byron behind.

Amos knew that he meant more to Byron than a servant, knew that the man loved him and he would wait until Byron was ready to realize that, tonight had reaffirmed his faith in the man.

Without removing his cuffs Amos pulled the blanket around him and fell into sleep.

                                                                * * *

Byron woke the next day to an empty bed, though he was vividly aware of having fallen into a blissful sleep with Amos next to him.

Immediately he was consumed by a horrible crushing guilt. How could he do this to Amos, the man he had loved for so long? How could he push him into something like this?

Before he could move he heard the door to his quarters open and heard Amos’ heavy foot falls on the stone floor. He tracked Amos’ progress across the room with his ears and heard the sound of his breakfast tray being placed on the table then heard Amos cross to the curtains, felt the light and warmth touch his skin once they were opened.

“Come Sire, it is time to wake up.” Amos’ voice was low.

Byron roused himself as though he had been asleep and looked up at the man he loved, how Amos could smile at him like that after everything he had put him through…

Byron sat up and let the blanket fall from around him, revealing his torso.

“Your breakfast is ready master. Do you require a bath this morning?” Amos asked him and Byron nodded.

“Yes that will be fine Amos.” Byron said as she stood up and took the robe that Amos offered him.

Byron tried to calm himself as he ate. He couldn’t go on like this any longer. He had been a fool to think that Amos returned his feelings, to believe that he could love him in return. How ignorant he had been to think that Amos never denied because he loved him. He’d never denied him because he was Amos’ Master…his sole means of support…he ruled over Amos’ life…gods he had been delusional.

“Your bath is ready Sir; would you like me to tend to you?” Amos asked and Byron wanted to stab himself.

“No Amos that is alright.” Byron replied as he stood up.

“You are finished sir?” Amos asked him as he inspected his tray, the oatmeal had been made in his favorite way; with blueberries and sugar, a slice of hearty buttered rye bread, a slice of thick ham and mug of warm black tea. Hardly any of the oatmeal had been touched and toast and tea hadn’t been partaken of at all.

“Yes Amos I am finished. I find that I do not have much of an apatite this morning. You may help yourself to the remains if you like; I know you have a fondness for blueberries. I do not think I will require lunch today either. If I feel peckish I’ve enough fresh fruit to last me until supper.” Byron replied as he walked to his bathroom.

“Do you feel well Master, do I need to call for Tabor?” Amos asked him. Tabor was the Manor physician; Edmund had retired shortly after Lord Casein’s death. Byron didn’t turn around but he could tell that Amos still stood by the table.

“No Amos I am not sick, I am just not hungry. You’ve been working very hard these last few weeks, once you have returned the tray to the kitchen use your time however you see fit until supper.” Byron said carefully, supper time…yes that should give him enough time to take care of everything.

“Of course Sir, I will return at supper. Will you require anything special tonight?” Amos asked and Byron froze for a moment.

“No Amos, I won’t require anything special this evening.” Byron replied quietly.

“Very well Sir, I will return at supper. If you have need of me I will be on the training grounds or the library.” Amos said before he left.

Once his bath was done Byron pulled the plug on the tub and let the water drain through the pipe system his grandfather had devised when he built the manor. If only he had found a way to run fresh water through the pipes instead of having to store it in barrels and trek it in buckets.

Once he was dried and dressed he collected the papers he’d need and sat down at his table to work. Certain allowances would have to be made, a higher compensation than normal, provisions for his future. He would make sure that Amos was well cared for.

                                                                * * *

Amos smiled slightly as he walked through the halls of the Manor with his Master’s supper. It had been a good day. Training with the Manor guards had been exhausting and thoroughly wonderful, he enjoyed fighting and wrestling with the guards; he enjoyed testing and trying his strength.

When he was finished with training he spent a large amount of time in the library reading, he enjoyed reading the old stories of knights, dragons, and heroes but he was also a fan of poetry. He could sit in the library for hours reading the classics of scholars and writers long forgotten.

Like usual Amos stepped into Byron’s room without knocking and walked over to the table to set the tray down, noting that Byron was standing at the darkening window.

Before Amos could speak he noticed the short stack of papers on the table. Normally he wouldn’t read his Masters documents but as he glanced over them he saw his name among the neat, curvy writing.

“Master…what is this?” Amos asked as he saw Byron’s seal at the bottom of the page.

“It is your freedom and your future Amos.” Byron spoke to the window.

“I do not understand.” Amos lied, he knew very well what this meant; Byron intended to send him away.

“You do Amos. I am releasing you from my service. The moment you sign those papers you are a free man….You do not belong here Amos. You are smart, clever, and talented. You are wasted here, serving me.” Byron said, finally turning to face the man he loved.

He could no longer bear the loneliness in his heart; bear the pain of not truly having his loved one with him.

“Please tell me why you are doing this Sire, have I failed in my service; have I displeased you?” Amos asked, his heart was breaking…Byron had said it all those year ago…that he loved him…how could he do this?

“No Amos you have not failed in your service, nor have you displeased me. That is why I must release you. I can no longer take advantage of your oath of service to me. I have brutalized you in the most abhorrent of ways in the last year…

I deluded myself into believing that you never refused me because you might return my feelings…deep down…but I realize now how foolish I have been. That you consented to be my bed mate out of your sense of duty.” Byron’s eyes filled with tears as he spoke; as he raised his hand to wipe them away he could not longer look at his friend and turned away from him.

“You believe…believe that I have lain with you out duty or service?” Amos asked, unable to believe what he was hearing.

“Why else would you have let me take advantage of you in such a way? Just because you are servant does not give me license to do such things to you.” Byron said and Amos stepped close to him.

“Do you still love me,” Amos asked, “Do you still feel how you felt the night you took the beating from your father that was meant for me?”

“How…how did you know?” Byron asked, finally turning to Amos.

“Everyone knows my love,” Amos tried to raise his hand to touch Byron’s face but Byron stepped back; still wracked by guilt, “The guards outside your fathers room heard your cries. Even then you were a good man; you treated the servants and guards with respect. They desperately wanted to come in and rescue you but fear of your fathers’ retribution kept them from it.”

“My father was a cruel master; I could not follow in his footsteps.” Byron said feebly as he backed away into the wall.

“I know my love, every man woman and child in this house knows that and they love and respect you for it. That night your father had his guards return you to your room. They called for Edmund…and for me.

He gave you drugs to dull the pain as he treated you, I held your hands as he worked, when he was done and had gone I held you in my arms…and you told me that you loved me; that you could not bear to see me hurt for something that wasn’t my fault.” Amos continued and Byron shook his head, tears falling down his face.

“I could not allow it. I didn’t allow you to perform your duties because I wanted you with me…I wanted to keep my friend and companion…it wasn’t your fault.” Byron finally broke, years of grief and guilt flooded him and tears poured out of his eyes.

Amos could not bear it, he reached out and pulled his love to him and held him tight.

“It is alright my love, it is over. I did not lay with you out duty or service but out of love. I didn’t know if you remembered your admission or not but it didn’t matter. I knew how you felt and that one day you would tell me again.” Amos spoke soothingly as he held Byron to his chest.

“I am so sorry Amos…after so long of not hearing you say my name…of not knowing your friendship…I thought you had forgotten the days we spent together as boys.” Byron replied, gaining some control over himself in Amos’ embrace.

“I never forgot my love. I knew how hard it was for you to see me as a servant when you wanted me as a friend. I did the best I could to become what I needed to be to keep you safe. I could never allow you to be hurt again because of me.” Amos said and Byron pulled away to look up him, but did not leave the circle of his arms.

“I should have told you after that first night, I should have been honest with you.” Byron replied quietly and Amos nodded.

“Yes my love you should have, and I should have told you I loved you when you did not. We have both made mistakes but that is passed now.” Amos whispered as he raised a hand to caress Byron’s cheek.

“I love you Amos.” Byron said quietly.

“I love you too Byron.” Amos replied and leaned down and pressed his lips to Byron’s.

“I want to make love to you; can I show you how much I desire you?” Amos asked as he pulled away from his lips.

Byron didn’t have the words to respond, his only answer was a nod.

Smiling, Amos lifted Byron into his arms and carried him to the bed as a groom would carry his bride. He lay him down gently and stood up to pull off his tunic, leaving his lover’s eyes to feast on his torso.

As he knelt down to take off his boots Byron sat up on the edge of the bed and made to remove his own shirt but Amos took hold of his wrists.

The look in his eyes told Byron everything he needed. Tonight Amos was in charge.

When Amos was barefooted he knelt on the floor in front of his lover and reached for his shirt. Laying the garment aside he brought his hands to his lovers’ pale, warm skin.

“I have dreamed about touching you like this my love.” Amos whispered as he ran his hands all over Byron’s torso, palming his chest, stomach and sides.

“I have dreamed the same about you.” Byron choked out as Amos pressed his lips to his neck.

Amos left a burning trail of kisses down his chest, flicking his nipples with his tongue; making them hard and sensitive before moving further down. Moving away from Byron’s skin was difficult but he had so much more in mind.

He pressed his lover back on to the bed properly and with shaking hands he removed his trousers and undergarment. Byron whimpered as Amos wrapped his large hand around his hard flesh and stroked his foreskin back and forth along his hot flesh.

Amos was in awe of his lovers’ response to his hand alone, the way he writhed on the bed, his hands fisting in the sheets. With a smile Amos pulled away, making Byron’s eyes snap open, and stood up.

Feeling much more confident than he had been, Amos unlaced his trousers and pushed them and his undergarment to the floor. Before he could make another move though Byron sat up and wrapped a hand around Amos’ heavy cock, the suddenness of his grip sending shivers though Amos’ body.

“Your body is so much different that mine, so much larger, stronger.” Byron murmured as he nuzzled against Amos furry stomach.

“Do…do you like that I am…ah…larger than you?” Amos asked brokenly as Byron licked a long line across his hip bone as he continued to stroke him.

“Yes, I do.” Byron answered simply as he let his hand fall away from Amos’ cock.

Before Amos could miss the feeling though it was quickly replaced by the wet heat of his mouth.

“Great gods….” Amos moaned loudly. His other trysts had sucked him too but it had never felt this good. Amos did not want to think that Byron had had other lovers; he would be a hypocrite to be angry if he had, but he wanted to believe that he was Byron’s only one.

Byron seemed to know exactly what to do to pleasure him though; he teased the head of his cock with his tongue, kept his lips tight around him.

Amos felt himself drawing close and gently pushing Byron away. Looking down into those beautiful brown eyes, seeing the hurt in them, made him lean down and kiss his lover. Pushing him back on to the bed again Amos crawled in next to him and resumed the slow stroking of his cock.

“Can I take you my love?” He asked between warm gentle kisses.

“Yes,” Byron whispered before catching Amos’ eyes, showing him the pain there, “I know I was never gentle with you but please…I have never…” Byron’s voice broke as he looked away.

Amos could feel his heart breaking; he was right in a way. Byron had never prepared him before one of their trysts but he never truly hurt him, he always moved slowly and carefully at first.

“Look at me Byron.” Amos ordered and when he did Amos pressed his lips firmly against his loves.

Byron tried to resist, to move away, but Amos was persistent and gentle and he found himself giving in to the love and pleasure that Amos offered him.

“You are not wrong my love, but you have never truly hurt me; nor will I hurt you. I love you and if you need it then you have my forgiveness, though I blame you not.” Amos whispered as he pulled away from his lover.

Byron could not believe the depth of the love that Amos showed for him. How could he be so loving and forgiving of him after everything he had put him through?

Without thinking about it Byron arched into his lovers touch then reached back onto his night table for the little pot of oil he kept there and handed it to Amos.

“Make love to me.” He whispered and Amos smiled at him.

Byron pulled his legs up to his chest as his lover dipped his fingers into the oil.

“This will hurt some my love, but I will be careful.” Amos said as he pressed one slick finger inside of him.

Byron groaned a bit at the initial intrusion but it didn’t take long for him to become accustomed to the feeling of Amos’ thick finger moving inside of him, especially not when it stroked against that pleasurable little spot inside of him.

“M…more please.” Byron stuttered as Amos continued to stroke his prostate, sending shivers through him.

Amos slid a second finger in alongside the first and spread them apart, wanting to loosen the muscles of his lover’s body. This too caused Byron some discomfort but under Amos’ careful guidance he relaxed and adjusted to the sensation. It was especially easy with Amos stroking both his manhood and his prostate.

“You are ready for more my love.” Amos whispered as he slipped a third finger inside of Byron.

“So warm and slick my love, you will feel so wonderful once I am inside of you, I want you much.” Amos whispered against Byron’s sweaty neck as he pushed his fingers deeper inside of him.

“Please Amos, I need you…”Byron whispered hoarsely and Amos smiled.

“I was merely waiting for you to be sure my love.” Amos pulled his fingers from his lover, added a little more oil to his hand, and coated his cock liberally before setting himself at his lovers’ entrance.

Carefully he pressed into the heat of the smaller mans body. Both men moaned at the intrusion, Amos in delight but Byron in discomfort. He was slick and stretched from Amos’ preparation but he still felt the burn as Amos pushed slowly into him.

Once he was fully seated inside of him Amos stopped to catch his breath and to allow Byron the time to adjust.

Amos took his lovers legs and wrapped them around his waist and bracing himself with his hands he leaned down to whisper in his ear.

“I am yours my love, all of me. I belong to you.”

At his words Byron’s whole body shuddered and he pressed back against his lover, driving his cock deeper into him.

“Amos please….” Byron moaned, pressing back against him again.

Amos answered his plea without a word. Starting with slow shallow thrusts he began to move, pushing against that place inside of him. Byron moaned in pleasure, his blunt nails racking down Amos’ back. But for Amos it wasn’t enough, slow, not enough.

Then Byron’s hands were in his hair, pulling him down to kiss his lips and whisper to him.

“You won’t hurt me my love, you need more, take it.”

His lover’s permission was all he needed and he started to move faster and harder, nearly leaving his lovers body completely before thrusting back in.

Amos’ new pace brought them closer, more friction and heat for himself and hard thrusts against Byron’s prostate.

“Please…never stop…want you forever.” Byron hissed as Amos wrapped his hand around his lover neglected manhood, stroking him furiously, wanting to bring Byron with him on his quickly approaching release.

It was over in an instance of intense, blinding pleasure. The stimulation was too much for Byron, every inch of his body jerked and contracted as white hot pleasure flooded his veins, he emptied his seed across his chest, stomach and Amos’ hand.

The tightening of his muscle pushed Amos over the edge and with a final thrust and strangled cry he emptied himself into his lover, filling him up.

Before he realized what he was doing Amos ducked his head and began to clean his lover of semen, bringing it into his mouth with his tongue; taking his lovers essence as he had done.

Satisfied with his work he rose up and kissed his lover, Byron enjoyed the remnants of himself on Amos’ tongue.

Amos careful pulled his soft, oversensitive cock form inside his lover, feeling slight amusement as Byron groan in disappointment. He intended on getting up to get a cloth to clean them properly but before he could Byron pulled him back down.

“Don’t…just don’t get up…stay here with me.” He said quietly as he buried his head against Amos’ chest, letting his fur tickle his nose and lips.

“I will stay here with you my sweet. I will never leave you until my dieing day. I belong to you, man, servant or lover. It does not matter. You own my heart.” Amos breathed against Byron’s hair.

They lay in each others arm, falling asleep in an embrace that was long over due.

Amos awoke a few hours later and became certain of two things. One that he was alone in Byron’s bed, and two; that his cuffs were gone.

He sat up and pulled the blanket around his hips and looked around. He found his lover standing, naked, at the fire he must have kindled; holding his cuffs in his hands.

“Don’t burn them.” Amos spoke quietly, making Byron turn to him.

“These are the same cuffs I gave you over ten years ago are they not?” Byron asked in awe.

“Yes they are. I treated theme every night with leather oil, kept them from being damaged or exposed to intense heat or moisture.” Amos said as he slipped out of bed and walked over to his lover.

“Why…why did you take such care of them?” Byron asked, puzzled.

“Because, they showed that I belonged to you, that I was yours. It didn’t matter that it meant I was a servant. I am now, and always have been, proud to be yours. Lover or servant or friend. It does not matter.” Amos said as he placed his hand on the cuffs.

“If you wish to keep them then I shall not damage them; but I do not want you to wear them any longer.” Byron spoke quietly as he placed the cuffs in Amos’ hands.

“Why my love?” Amos asked, confused.

“Because I don’t want you to be my servant any longer, you are my lover now; my equal,” Byron picked up the black box with the other moss stone cuff as he spoke “I hope that you will consent to wear this though, as the spirits of the stone should not be separated nor should ours. I could not survive without you my love. I cannot continue to order you about as though you mean nothing to me. Nor shall I.”

Amos was overwhelmed. He placed the old cuffs on the table and allowed Byron to fasten the matching moss cuff over his right wrist.

“Tomorrow my love I will draw up the appropriate papers, you and I shall be equal in the ownership of this land and we will fashion a life for you. No one outside these walls need know that you and I are lovers.” Byron whispered and Amos nodded, too shocked for words.

Byron left him standing there and retrieved a basin of soapy water that had been warming by the fire. Carefully he cleaned Amos’ chest, stomach, underarms and around his genitals, taking special care to thoroughly clean his soft cock.

By the time he was done Amos’ cock had come back to life and was slowly filling again. To ignore this, Amos took the cloth from his lover and cleaned him up, taking special care of his slightly swollen entrance.

Finished with his work, Amos placed the cloth back into the basin and wrapped his arms around his lover, his semi hard cock pressing against Byron’s backside.

Byron felt this and pulled his lover over to the bed and pushing back to sit down. Before Amos could protest Byron fell to his knees and took his cock into his mouth; which grew instantly hard.

Still a little too sensitive form earlier that night Amos did not last long and soon he was emptying his seed down his lovers eager throat.

“Gods you are amazing.” Amos whispered as Byron let his cock slip between his lips.

Byron just nuzzled against his furry stomach, humming in satisfaction.

“Up my love, I need you again.” Amos said as he pulled is lover to his feet.

His lover’s hard cock was red and swollen and burned against his tongue as he took it between his lips.

Byron did not last a long as Amos had, after only a few moments he grabbed the back of Amos’ head and with a quick thrust gave up his seed to his lover.

Sated again, for the moment, they fell back into bed into each other's embrace.

As Byron nuzzled against his lover's hairy chest, he murmured words of love and devotion to him.

“I am yours my sweet and you are mine. Never will I be parted from you, till my dieing day.”

“Nor I from you my love. We belong together.” Amos replied quietly.

He loved this small man in his arms, loved his body, his scent and taste; and most of all he loved his heart. He would stand by him forever.

It was his duty after all, to care for the man he loved, and loved him return.

  

Discussion thread link
http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/31796-a-servants-duty/
Copyright © 2011 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

its beautiful!i llike the ending most of all.servant and master two lovers.great story!

Link to comment

Indeed this was a very good story. I've been enjoying reading classical/historical stories as of lately and this one is on the top in my 'liking' list. I hope you'll write move historical books.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..