Jump to content
    Palantir
  • Author
  • 5,292 Words
  • 1,415 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Paul Pulls Through. - 13. Chapter 13.

Jarrod's doppelganger story.

Paul Pulls Through.

Chapter 13.
***


The beach time finished and at about eleven thirty in the evening they arrived home after a delicious meal at a bistro and laughing their heads off at a comedy movie at a theatre in Geelong. Jarrod kept stirring about how dangerous it would be staying the night in a house full of gays and wanted a room with a lock and bolt on the door. Sam was in Sydney with Peter and Michael, so they offered his room.

"Someone else's bed? No way. I'll take my chances here."

'Here', was the spare mattress which had been set up for him. Paul showed him the bathroom and organised a towel and soap, and a quarter of an hour later they were under the covers, Jarrod on the mattress and Paul and Jeremy together in their big double bed.

"Hey, are you two going to carry on all night?"

They weren't going to, not while Jarrod was in the room.

"Um. ...No!"

"Good. I'm safe then."

He jumped off the mattress, climbed onto the bed then pushed his way between Jeremy and Paul.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting comfortable. Just like we always used to."

Paul felt Jarrod's hand touch his thigh.

"Hey, you had jocks on when you got in."

"We were being polite."

"Good, I hate wearing anything in bed."

There was some wriggling.

"You remember that don't you Paul? You were always teasing me about being a nudist.

Paul laughed.

"How could I forget. You made me do the same."

"Made you! Ha! That's a joke. Jeremy, does he still like wrestling?"

"For sure, that's how he seduced me."

"Wow, all he did was bully me."

"He tries that too, but luckily I'm stronger."

Paul was laughing at them.

"Idiots. What is this? Two against one."

"Hear that Jeremy? He wants to fight. Who goes first. You or me?"

"He's a handful. You soften him up and I'll finish him off."

Before Paul could think, he was squished, the bed covers went flying, and he was looking at Jarrod's grin a couple of inches away.

"I missed our wrestles when I left."

Paul tried to keep him off but couldn't. It was no different to when he wrestled with Jeremy or Pete, so sneaky tactics had to come into play. He remembered how ticklish Jarrod was and tried that. Jarrod squirmed and laughed, calling him a cheat, which was a perfect excuse for more tickling. Jarrod's body galvanised as he tried unsuccessfully to trap Paul's hands.

"Cheating again. Remember how I used to stop that?"

"Yes, but you won't do that now."

"Yeah? Tickle me again and find out."

Would he really do it? There was only one way to find out. Oh God.

"Jeremy, help, he's going to break it."

Jeremy just sat there enjoying the circus. Paul started laughing which made Jarrod look at him.

"What?"

"I used to dream about you doing this."

"You did? ...Well, I suppose so."

Jarrod sat up and looked at Jeremy.

"Does he try all his sneaky tricks with you Jeremy?"

"He never stops."

"He smiles a lot more than he used to. ...Wow, did you really dream about me?"

Paul nodded.

"Like. ...Um. ...sex dreams?"

Paul nodded again.

"I must have driven you crazy."

Jarrod turned to Jeremy.

"I used to try and make Paul get boners all the time because he was so shy about them."

"I know, he's told me all about it."

"Um. ...I suppose so."

Jeremy laughed then.

"He told me all the bad things."

Jarrod thought that was funny. He picked up on things faster than he used to.

"He's not shy now. Look at him showing it off to us."

"Hey, Jarrod, how come you haven't got one? You always used to."

"If you keep wrestling me I will. Don't you remember? I always take longer than you."

That was right. Paul pushed Jarrod down then had an idea.

"Wrestle with Jeremy."

Jarrod looked a bit uncertain.

"What? Are you scared of him?"

Typical. Jeremy tried to make it easy for Jarrod.

"Paul, we're kind of new to each other."

"Not for long. Go on Jarrod, I bet Jeremy beats you."

They grinned at each other and Jarrod spoke up.

"Um. ...will we put our jocks on?"

Paul took over.

"No way, and the one who loses has to put his hands behind his head for five minutes."

Jarrod's head jerked around. So, he remembered.

"Shake hands! Good. Now hug each other."

Jeremy acted first. He was used to this kind of game. It was a quick hug because Jarrod used it as an excuse to get an advantage and pushed Jeremy onto his back. It only half worked because of Jeremy's quick reflexes. Paul watched with total enjoyment. It wasn't full on serious wrestling, but neither of them was going to give in either, so after a while he told them it was a draw.

"That means you both lose, so who goes first?"

They looked at each other then Jeremy flopped on his back.

"Go on Jarrod. Show him what tiny tickles are."

"Tiny tickles. ...Um. ...shouldn't you do that?"

"They're your idea. All right, we'll do it together."

The gentle touching turned Jeremy on completely and in moments he was quite rampant. Jarrod was kind of staring, which was only to be expected because Jeremy was bigger than most guys.

"Close your eyes, Jeremy, and tell us which one's touching you."

Jeremy willingly shut his eyes and Paul ran his finger slowly and lightly from his neck to his belly button.

"Paul."

That was easy since it was one of Paul's habits. Paul nodded at Jarrod to take a turn then watched him start at Jeremy's ankle and make tiny circles all the way up his leg.

"Paul."

Paul and Jarrod laughed and didn't say which it was. Paul pointed at Jeremy's stomach which received several big circles.

"Jarrod."

Paul pointed at Jeremy's nipple and Jarrod grinned like anything. He'd caught on that he was meant to do everything. He circled one nipple, then the other, then used two hands to do both of them at the same time.

"Both of you."

This was great fun and they couldn't help laughing, which must have made Jeremy wonder. Paul pointed at Jeremy's boner. Jarrod gave him a funny look but then went ahead. He rested his forefinger lightly at the base and traced it slowly to the top then down again. Jeremy didn't say anything.

"Who was it?

"Jarrod."

He'd tricked them. Paul figured it straight away and moved his finger up and down in the air telling Jarrod to repeat what he'd just done. He did it and stopped. Jeremy said nothing. Paul put one finger to his lips and motioned to Jarrod. Twice more Jarrod did the tracing thing till Jeremy laughed, opened his eyes and called them cheats.

"So who was it each time then?"

"We're not telling."

Jeremy knelt up and Jarrod relaxed in his place, closing his eyes without even being told. Paul motioned for Jeremy to do the chin to belly button thing.

"Paul."

They went right through, Jeremy doing exactly the same things and each time Jarrod said it was Paul. He opened his eyes right at the end.

"Jeremy?"

They both nodded.

"I thought you were playing the same trick."

"We did. You got it wrong every time."

Jarrod sat up, then pushed Paul on his back.

"Go on, you have to take your turn."

Paul was only too happy and felt tingly all over as the fingers set to work. He knew they'd follow the same pattern and said Jarrod every time. He also knew he was right because he cracked one eye open each time he was touched. They were both kneeling over him with big boners jutting out and there was an exchange of slightly awkward glances.

"I suppose you guys do stuff like this every night? I really missed it when I was overseas."

"How come? You said in your e-mails you slept with stacks of girls."

"Yes, but they're not friends. It's different."

That was exactly the same he used to say about Jenny, and Paul understood because they'd talked about it before.

"Are you going to give me a cuddle? Then we can play another game."

"Um.. Who?.. me, or Jeremy?"

"Is Jeremy a good cuddler?"

"Good? He's the best."

"Both of you then."

Paul was surprised at that but moved to one side so Jarrod could be in the middle, Jeremy retrieved the bed covers and pulled them over and they snuggled together. They started off spooned the way they did at Jarrod's house before he left, then Paul was surprised when Jarrod got him to turn over so they were facing, and even more surprised when Jarrod's hand went round his boner.

"What are you doing?"

"Doesn't it feel good? Come on."

Rather stunned, Paul let his hand be guided to Jarrod's boner. What was he going to do next? Did he think he had to do this to stay friends? He didn't do anything else, just snuggled close, said how good it was to be together again and stirred Paul for being so hard. A couple of minutes later he rolled over and did the same with Jeremy. Paul had to hold back a laugh. Jeremy wouldn't be able to cope with his dick being held for long. Sure enough. He sat up and rolled over both of them so Paul was in the middle. Jarrod turned to face Paul and blithely held his boner again.

"Are we ready for another game?"

Paul had wondered about his game comment when he said it earlier.

"Sure. ...what is it?"

"Well, I thought we could have a kissing contest. I'm pretty good at it."

A jolt of disbelief went through Paul and he stared at Jarrod to figure if he was tricking. He had a funny grin.

"Jarrod, you're already playing some game aren't you?"

The grin got bigger.

"Yes. It's hard work though. I'm not getting much response."

"Not ...much ...response?"

There was a squeeze to Paul's boner that was a total come on and Jarrod laughed.

"Well, a bit of a response."

"A bit? We're practically ready to rape you."

"Let's do the kissing first."

"No. We're not doing anything. Tell us what's going on."

"I'll tell you as long as we all feel good."

Without waiting he moved to the middle and held both their boners.

"Come on, me too."

From his cheeky grin, Paul knew they'd have to follow his agenda, so he nodded at Jeremy.

"Jarrod, Jeremy won't last long like this so start talking."

"He won't? Just from holding? Doubts!"

He must have given a squeeze because Jeremy drew in a sharp breath. Jarrod laughed then leaned back and put his hands behind his head.

"Jarrod. Talk."

"Well, I've got a story of my own. I was going to tell you but not through e-mails."

"If you say you're gay I won't believe you. Even if you're acting like it."

"I met this guy in London and he was you.
Well, he looked like you. Not completely, but so much that it made me feel weird. Anyhow, he was really interesting and fun to talk to and he asked me back to his flat to listen to some music. That made it even weirder because he had his sound system in his bedroom and we sat on the bed to listen, just like we used to at home. When it got late he said I had to stay, and that was a relief because it was pouring rain outside. But then there was only one bed and we had to share. Well, as soon as he turned the light out he started tickling me. Sexy tickling. You know. I tickled him back and then we were right into it. It was the first time I'd done it with a guy and it was great. I ended up staying with him for over a week until I went to France."

Paul was finding this hard to believe. After all the girls that had been mentioned in the e-mails it didn't fit his mental image.

"First time?"

"Yes. It's the only time, Paul. I wouldn't even have thought of doing it if he hadn't looked so much like you, and then I kept wondering what it would be like if it really was you."

Jeremy was grinning like anything.

"You had sex with a guy because he looked like Paul?"

"Yeah. Weird hey?"

"Totally! I couldn't imagine it."

That set them both grinning so Paul decided to push this where it looked like it was going.

"So, what happens after this kissing competition then?"

Jarrod hesitated and looked cheeky.

"Well, whatever a porn star and a super stud can show me."

Paul gave him a poke in the stomach and promptly got one back.

"Porn star? All right what's the rules?"

"There aren't any. It's just a good excuse to get going."

"Jarrod, you're an idiot. Go on then, since you say you're so good at it, show Jeremy how well you can kiss."

Jeremy didn't have any say, not that he wanted any, and just relaxed back and let Jarrod take over. A kiss? Gods. That wasn't a kiss. Paul was totally turned on just looking at them. Yes, their mouths were active, but Jarrod was moving his body slowly and gently against Jeremy's. One hand was in Jeremy's hair and kneading his neck and the other was active between them. Jeremy would last about thirty seconds. Sure enough, his hips started, there was a muffled noise from their locked lips and then Jarrod lifted his head in surprise.

"Wow!"

Paul smiled.

"Keep cuddling. He takes a while to come back to the real world."

Jeremy opened his eyes.

"Ha. Look who's talking."

When Jeremy reached for the hand towel they always kept close, Paul suddenly got nervous. He really wanted this, but would it change anything? They were both looking at him.

"Kiss him, Jarrod. He's shy of you."

Jarrod's face lit up.

"Oh wow, really?"

Paul had no chance to wonder whether Jeremy meant that and no chance to reply because Jarrod was pressing him flat on his back. Slowly and gently their bodies melded and soft lips touched. Shock, wonder, heat.


***


Paul opened his eyes and Jarrod was looking at him from a couple of inches away.

"Hi!"

Jarrod mouthed it back and almost inaudibly shooshed him. He nodded and Paul nodded back. They exchanged grins then Jarrod touched their foreheads together. A finger tickled Paul's stomach then made its way up to his lips where he held it gently between his teeth. Jarrod half opened his own mouth, and getting the message, Paul obliged. When Jarrod's free hand started another tickle Paul opened his mouth in mock shock. Jarrod smiled, releasing Paul's finger, then looked expectant. So, it was a follow-me game. For five minutes they played softly and silently, watching each other's expressions, till inevitably they were holding each other's boners.
The follow game continued till Paul reluctantly decided he could no longer put off his morning bathroom visit. When he returned two faces were looking at him, and since Jarrod had pinched his place and was snuggled against Jeremy, he crawled on top and squished his way between, despite the groans and lazy complaints. Jeremy gave him his morning kiss and cuddle them rolled him over, saying it was Jarrod's turn.

"We already have. Jarrod got rude while you were still asleep."

"I got rude? Jeremy, he was groping me for ages."

"Yeah, I suppose so. He wakes me up like that every morning. Give him a cuddle while I go to the bathroom, then I want to see this famous wrestling he's always talking about."

It took an hour to get up.

"What are we doing today?"

"You'll see. It's a payback."

"Payback? What for?"

"For when I went to your place. Have you got any old clothes?"

"No."

"Well, you can wear something of Jeremy's."

After a quick shower they dressed in old shorts and T-shirts, had some breakfast, then headed out to paint the upstairs rooms of the lock-ups. It was a big job, but Pete joined them at about eleven o'clock, and with four of them working, they finished it all despite the laughter and mucking round he caused. Pete informed them he was shouting them a bistro meal. Jarrod tried to say he'd pay his share but Pete laughed at him.

"No way. You're the guest and Paul makes you work like a slave? Someone's got to look after you or you'll never come back and be a slave again."

The meal was great. Pete was the center of attention with his friendly carrying on, and on the way home he informed them that Jeremy was staying with him till next morning.

"You have to Jeremy. So they can talk out all their secrets. Don't worry though, we'll soon find out what they are."

Jeremy gave a quick look at Paul to see if that was okay, but of course it was. Jarrod was the puzzled one and he queried Paul as soon as they were alone in the room.

"Pete's just organising you and me to be by ourselves."

"But what about Jeremy? He doesn't have to be kicked out because I'm here. That's not fair."

"Don't worry Jarrod. I bet it was Jeremy's idea anyway."

"Truly? ...Jeremy is amazing. But where will he sleep? When you showed me round the house I only remember one bed in Pete's room."

"They'll sleep together."

Jarrod gawked at that.

"Like... Like we did last night and this morning?"

"Yeah, Pete's his best friend."

"Wow, so is he gay too? I didn't think he was."

"Pete's everything. He goes with anyone he likes."

"Anyone?"

"Yes, as long as he likes them."

Jarrod thought for a moment then grinned.

"I think I like that idea. Does he like you?"

"He might."

"Might? Aren't you going to tell me?"

"I might."

That led to ten minutes of happy wrestling with Paul pretending he was being forced to give answers.

"So, does he like you?"

"Yes."

"...Did you like me in bed?"

"Idiot... No way. You're clueless."

"Clueless? You wait. I'll show you who's clueless."

"Go on then, show me."

"Nope. You'll have to wait."

Paul laughed. He thought that was quite cluey.

"So what do you want to do while we're waiting?"

"Show me these websites. I haven't even seen one yet."

"That's not my fault. You wouldn't get out of bed this morning."

Paul started his computer and logged into the gym website, then the printing one, Sam and Michael's, and a couple of the lecturers from Jeremy's College.

"You've done all these? Gosh, and you get paid for them?"

"Yes, not much, but I'm getting better all the time and I've got lots lined up for as soon as I can do them."

"Lots? Does it take long to do?"

"Depends on what they want. Watch this."

For the next hour they had a great time thinking of ideas for Jarrod's own web site. Paul used his digital camera and quickly set up a mini photo gallery and they laughed at some of the journal entries they used as examples. The sound system played in the background and they took it in turns to choose CDs.

"Is this a real website?"

"Not yet. I'll have to organise it through my server. Then it will be."

Jarrod was amazed, and disagreed when Paul said it was just a basic one. After that Paul talked Jarrod into demonstrating his exercise routines and it was his turn to be impressed. The effort meant they needed a quick shower and then Jarrod said he wanted to go to bed.

"It's only just ten?"

"Well, I have to show you some clues don't I?"

An hour later they were lying together, Jarrod with his head on Paul's chest, exactly like they always used to.

"It feels different with you and Jeremy."

"What does?"

"Sex. It's fun as well as being sex."

"It is? Well, it's the way Jeremy taught me. He learned it off Peter."

"Peter? You mean Pete?"

"No, Peter. Though Pete makes you laugh more than anybody."

Jarrod was quiet while he took this in.

"Do you feel funny when Jeremy sleeps with someone else?"

"No, it was a shock at first but when you know him you don't even think about it."

"When did you know he was special?"

"Right from the start. He sat beside my bed for hours on the first day I met him and a couple of days after that we knew we were special to each other. He is amazing. He's special to everyone who gets to know him. You wouldn't believe how much everyone in this house loves him."

"Loves him?"

"Yes. Every one of them. Anyhow he thinks you're wonderful so you're part of the place now."

"Me? He thinks I'm wonderful?"

Paul laughed.

"Well he didn't have any choice after I told him did he? Anyhow, did you feel funny?"

"Funny? What about?"

"Sleeping with Jeremy."

"I couldn't believe it when you told me to kiss him, and then he exploded as soon as I touched him. He's way sexy."

Paul wasn't going to argue with that.

"What did you think? You really got into it."

"I know. He loves it doesn't he? It just felt right with him."

"There you are. You answered your own question."

Jarrod moved his head back and forth on Paul's chest.

"I did didn't I. Does Jeremy sleep with anyone else?"

"Let's see. As well as Pete and Peter, there's Sam, Michael and William."

"Oh my God. Truly? What about you?"

"Pete and Michael and William."

"Who are Michael and William?"

"They're away at the moment. Michael is special to Peter, like Jeremy is to me, and he's in Sydney with Peter and Sam for their art stuff. William's seeing his parents at the moment and he'll be back in two weeks. Hey, we want you to come on the house holiday with us."

Jarrod sat up and looked at Paul.

"House holiday? What's that?"

"I haven't been on it myself, but there's a wild beach place down the coast where everyone in the house stays camping. It's only three weeks before we go and Pete raves about it. It was his idea to ask you."

"When did he say that? I didn't hear him?"

"Not today. It was before you came back."

"Before I came back? That doesn't make sense."

"Um... I was telling him about you. I was worried what you'd think when you found out I was gay and then I told him how good-looking you are. He was stirring me then and saying he was going to get you. He meant it though because he knew you were important to me."

"I am?"

"Idiot! You're my best friend."

Jarrod went quiet, then a big smile spread across his face.

"I'll never forget when you helped me up to your tree in the dark. Paul, I have to start looking for a job. I've used up all the money I had and it's pretty scary because I don't know what to do. Mum and dad will give me an allowance if I do some sort of course but I don't think that's really fair.
I'm going to start looking next week because, after all, I've been on holiday for over six months now. Camping at the beach would be terrific but if I've found a job I couldn't go, and if I haven't I couldn't afford it anyway."

Paul felt like rushing out and giving Jeremy a big hug.

"Well, if you had a job that lasted for three weeks would you come then? You could start looking again when our holiday finished."

Jarrod gave a very strange look so Paul went straight ahead.

"Jeremy's already found you a job that lasts till the day before the holiday."

"Jeremy? Paul, what are you talking about?"

"You told him down at the beach yesterday that you needed a job and he talked to Peter and Anthony about it. He reckons you'd be a great help to the house. Anthony's always complaining there aren't enough of us and you'd get good pay. Peter makes us take $20 an hour."

Jarrod stared.

"I don't believe you."

"It's true."

"Yes, I know. I just don't believe you. You helped me get my trip and now there's a job for me. It's unreal... What would I have to do?"

"All sorts of things. Just like today. Anthony supervises and we do whatever he says."

"Oh man! I think I'm dreaming. We'll be working together?"

"Not all the time. I help Brian with the printing business, but Jeremy will be there all the time. Everyone else helps when they can too."

Jarrod wanted more details and Paul happily supplied them.

"Hey. Did you really put band aids on your dick? You made that up didn't you?"

"What? Well. ...sort of.. I did get bitten though."

"You're a nut. Did you sleep with all those girls you talked about?"

"Yeah, they like Aussies over there."

"Would you go back again?"

"For sure. If you come with me. ...And Jeremy too of course. I know you'd like it."

"What do you want to do tomorrow?"

"Anything."

"All right. What about spending the afternoon at the Bay? Jeremy will want to work on his book in the morning."

"A book? Like what people read?"

"Yes, I told you he liked writing."

"I thought you must have meant stuff for his College."

"He's way clever. Peter says he's a natural. Can you keep a secret?"

"Me? Of course I can."

"You can't tell anyone."

"What? Not even Jeremy?"

"Oh God no. It's a surprise for him."

"All right. What is it?"

"We're making his story into a book. A proper book. It's really exciting. Peter gave Brian thousands and thousands of dollars for a big printing machine and Sam's doing the illustrations. They made me the main character and Sam draws pictures of us all. As soon as he's finished we'll start printing."

"Here? ...You make books here?"

"Yes, in the brick garage. It's locked up at the moment but I'll show you on Tuesday. It's my job to work the printing machine."

"Man, you've done a lot while I was away."

"I know. I can't believe it myself. Things kind of happen round here."

"I know. Like jobs appearing out of nowhere. Give me a hug."

"You first. You're the boss now you're stronger."

"You're the boss Paul. You always will be."


***


In the morning when Paul woke up Jarrod was looking at him.

"What?"

"I'm trying to figure out why you look so good."

"I'm sexy, that's why."

"I know. But you look good too."

"Well I must have caught it off you or Jeremy. Jarrod, what are you doing?"

"Giving you a boner."

"How come?"

"'Cause you like it so much."

"All right. That means I can give you one."

"No you can't."

"Why not?"

"I've already got one."

"Is it a good one?"

"Check it and see."

"Wow, it sure is. It feels like it's ready."

"It's really ready. It can't wait."

"Why not? I want to tease it."

"I'll tease yours if you do."

"Go on then."

The friendly nonsense continued till they were both spent, changed to conversation, then returned for more nonsense.

"Are we going to get up?"

"Why? Have I worn you out?"

"I feel like going for a run."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I missed out yesterday"

Paul had trouble finding time for his own runs nowadays so he was keen on this idea.

"What about Jeremy? Will he come with us?"

"Doubts. Pete really keeps him going so they'll sleep in."

Later in the morning Jeremy drove them to the Bay, left them so he could do his writing, picked them up in the evening and then took Jarrod home.
The next three weeks passed rapidly and Paul was so busy he hardly had time to turn around. Sam returned with most of his illustrations complete which meant they could start setting up the printer. Brian was working overtime to clear his catalogue obligations so he could go on the holiday. Jarrod's idea about a website for Jeremy's book created great problems because it was so difficult to work on secretly and as a result of their Sydney workshop, Peter, Michael and Sam also had a great deal of material and information to be entered on their website as soon as possible.

Anthony took as much time as he could get and the no working on weekends rule was put aside because when College started Pete and Jeremy wouldn't be available.
Jarrod was a real bonus for the building project as he was strong and a hard worker. He had to concentrate more than he was used to, to keep up to Anthony's standards, but Anthony ended up so pleased with him that he asked him to be his apprentice. That happened one day in his last week when they were having lunch and Anthony asked him what he was going to do after the holiday.

"I don't know. I guess I'll find something. I don't know what but at least I've got some savings now to help me keep going for a while."

"You like the kind of work we do here don't you? I know it's hard, but you're good at it."

Paul shot a glance at Anthony. It sounded like he was leading somewhere. Peter was smiling too. Something was going on.

"Yeah, it's great. I'm too young though. Dad says if you want to do this kind of work you need a driver's licence and you have to know someone."

"What else did he say?"

"Lots of things. He reckons I'd have a good chance in the hospitality industry because I look pretty smart when I dress up."

"You look even smarter when you undress."

That was Pete, but Jarrod was quite used to his comments by now.

"Sure Pete, how would you know?"

"Paul's always telling me."

There was a general laugh but Paul hardly noticed. He was watching Anthony.

"You wouldn't need a licence if you worked for me."

Every head swivelled to see Jarrod's reaction. His eyes lit up.

"Here?"

"Yes, and any other projects I get."

"Wow, really? I'd love it."

"You'd have to be my apprentice and I couldn't pay you as much."

"Apprentice? Do you think I could do that?"

"Of course you could. It might be hard but I'd make sure you got through."

Wow, Paul was really excited for Jarrod. It was perfect. He might have trouble with the coursework but Anthony had been runner-up apprentice for the whole State one year and if he couldn't help him no one could. Jarrod was looking round with a grin that nearly split his head in half. He shook Anthony's hand as a clincher then gave him a hug.

"Hey, we all want hugs."

That was Pete. Jarrod just kept smiling and gave the hugs. Peter said congratulations to Jarrod then told him he had to think carefully about his decision and go over all the details with Anthony. Well, he'd do that, but everybody knew he'd already decided.


The end of chapter 13.
***

Jarrod's doppelganger story.
Copyright © 2014 Palantir; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..