Jump to content
    Palantir
  • Author
  • 5,440 Words
  • 1,518 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Paul Pulls Through. - 15. Chapter 15.

A wonderful surprise.

Paul Pulls Through.

Chapter 15.
***


Andrew had to leave the camp at the end of the second week and Paul wished he didn't. They'd sat in the shade at the surf beach one day talking about all sorts of things and Paul's plans had once again changed. Well, not changed so much as developed. Andrew thought he was doing too many things and said he should concentrate on the printing work and the websites.

"But what about the house? I have to help Anthony."

"No you don't. Jarrod will be there now. You could help when he's doing his theory work and still have a couple of days free for the websites. And two nights you could set aside for some courses."

"Courses? I hate courses! I'd have to go back to school."

"Don't make me laugh. Are you saying you didn't like your printing course? You aced it."

"That was different."

"It was? How?"

"Well... It was important."

"So, choose important courses. If you did a graphic design course that would help you with your websites as well as the printing. And you know it would be easy because you're already covering a great deal of it with Brian. And what about some accounting? That could save you a great deal of money. And if you do what's important to you then you'll like it. ...How did you meet Jarrod?"

"We were doing a course together."

Andrew laughed.

"Well it's a good thing you did that one isn't it? He's rather like Jeremy."

Paul was taken aback. He'd never thought that.

"They both have open and trusting nature's, Paul, and they both look up to you. You're a very lucky man to have two soul-mates."

Paul wasn't exactly sure what soul-mates meant. Andrew was giving him a great deal to think about.


***


"We're going for a run. Come on."

Paul looked round for Jarrod since he liked runs too, but there was no sign of him.

"He's busy. You won't see him for quite a while."

The looks that passed between Jeremy, Pete and Michael meant that something was going on.

"Where is he?"

"He's with William. ...For the next four hours."

It sounded strange the way Pete said four hours as if it was an exact time. Jeremy explained.

"Pete conned them. He was stirring them about the way they disappear together and how it's always a quickie so now they're trying a marathon."

"A marathon?"

Three voices replied.

"A sex marathon."

Paul gawked at them then his own smile grew.

"God! Four hours? What do they have to do?"

"Whatever, but they have to tell us how many times they make it. William says five but Jarrod reckons it could be more."

Oh boy. Paul wished he'd been there. Just typical for Pete to get something like that going. He'd already tricked Jarrod one night for the biting e-mail and had him walking round with band-aids on his dick for half an hour.

"So how did they come up with those numbers?"

Pete had the answers, which was just like him.

"I got it out of Jarrod, Michael. He told me they had a three-hour session on their first night so that's why we made it four."

"Where are they?"

"Behind that dune. ...Where they always go."

It was very tempting to go and stir but they didn't. All along the run there was conjecture about what the current `make' might be, but the numbers rapidly escalated to ridiculous heights. Still, it was fun to be calling out `twelve' and `thirteen'. Pete was evil because he swapped the tent arrangements so Jarrod and William would be together for the night as well.


***


Andrew's ideas were important and Paul thought a lot and talked it all over with Jeremy, who said it was so sensible they should have thought of it themselves.

"It's the only way you'll have enough time to do your websites properly."

"I know. I'm way behind at the moment and Andrew wants me to do some kind of maths course as well as accounting and graphics."

"Maths? Am I hearing straight? How come?"

"Well, I'm always asking you or Brian to work things out for me so it makes me feel silly. I know I could do it."

"There's a Year Eleven maths that's got stacks of useful topics like measurement and money and equations. I reckon that's what you should do. If you did it before the accounting it would make that easier too. We'll ask Peter. He's the maths teacher."

It all fell into place. Three mornings with Brian, three afternoons to himself, a whole day for himself and one day each week with Anthony. It fitted perfectly with Jeremy too because they'd both have their weekends free. Also because of Andrew's talk Paul made a really big deal about it when he shared the tent with Jarrod on the second last night.

"Jarrod, you're fantastic. You're a real lifesaver."

"Me?"

"Yes. Now that you're working for Anthony I'll be able to do my websites properly. Andrew says you're a godsend because you've given me the opportunity to get myself organised."

"Andrew?"

Jarrod was in awe of Andrew. Well, so was everyone.

"Yes, he says it's important for Anthony to have someone reliable to work with too, and you're perfect."

"Did he really say that? We start next Monday and I'm nervous about it."

"Nervous? What for? You love working with him."

"Yes, but it'll be all official. It's different to just helping out like so far."

"It is not. You'll see."

"I suppose so. Anthony says the same thing."

"See.... There is something though."

"What? Oh no, what did he say?"

"Well, he's worried about what to do when you disappear into William's bedroom for hours and hours."

"You idiot. You've had it. I thought you were serious."

Paul squawked as the breath got squashed out of him. After five minutes of happy wrestling he was pinned on his back, his hands trapped beside his head with a triumphant Jarrod sitting on his stomach.

"Cheat. Taking advantage because you're stronger."

"That's what I'm meant to do."

"Bully."

Somehow Paul could tell that Jarrod was smiling.

"What's funny?"

"I'm just remembering the very first time I sat on you. ...At the pool."

It was Paul's turn to smile.

"I was so embarrassed."

"What did I do next?"

"You sat right on top of it and that made me even more embarrassed."

Jarrod matched his actions to the words then wriggled his backside.

"We've only got one more day before we go home. I wish we could stay longer."

"Me too. It's been unreal. Wait till we take you to the secret beach. That's good too."

"William told me about that. He said you took him there."

"Yeah, that's where we got to know him. We were stuck in a cave while the rain pelted down."

Jarrod released Paul's hands then lowered himself for a full body cuddle. Paul couldn't help giving a giggle.

"What?"

"Jeremy says we're a bad influence on you."

"How come?"

"Converting you to gay. You've been with three guys since you got back."

"Three? ...Um. ...Five really."

"Five?"

"Yes, Pete and Michael."

"You dog. When did that happen?"

"Pete last week and Michael the night before last. It's not converting though. It's like we talked about. It just happens because they're so friendly."

"Oh boy. Seems like converting to me. Pete did say he'd try something but we thought he was just stirring."

They started a slow pressing competition till Jarrod lifted away slightly. Paul knew what he wanted and for a while there were soft sounds of pleasure.

"Fast or slow?"

"Really slow, so we can talk. We've only had one night together."


***


"Paul, let's see if Anthony's catching anything. We want to talk about Jeremy's book."

It was the very last afternoon and with everyone hopeful for a sea-food feast, Paul was making for the rock pools where Jeremy and William were already diving for crayfish.

"Sure."

Catching Jeremy's eye across the inlet, Paul pointed to the fishing rocks to let him know the change of plan and received a wave of acknowledgement

"What's happening?"

"Lots. Sam says all the pictures should be ready for scanning in another week."

Paul kind of knew that from Sam, who'd had to put everything on hold till the holiday finished, but Peter obviously wanted to talk things over with Brian. Anthony was holding his fishing rod, and Brian, cleaning what looked like a salmon, must have sensed purpose in the approaching group.

"What's up?"

"Council of war for Jeremy's book."

"Great. Hang on a sec."

He finished the fish then washed his hands in sea water.

"When can we start?"

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, we're just waiting for the illustrations. All the materials are organised. The official stuff is done with, the copyright and publishing guff, the text is done, and all we need is the final number of pictures and their placement."

Peter turned to Sam.

"Can you finish by next weekend Sam?"

"I think so. I've still got a few decisions to make and quite a bit of work on the cover piece."

"All right. It's just that there's a writer's workshop in Sydney the week after next and if I can persuade Jeremy to go it would give us a clear run for the printing."

Persuade? There wouldn't be much persuading needed.

"Paul. How's the Web site coming along? Sam says you've got it started."

"Well, not really. I've hardly done anything. Jeremy's always there and he's interested in everything I do."

"Hmm. Big problem. Okay, no more work on the house for you. At least for the next couple of weeks. I have a feeling this could be quite the opportunity, so let's make it a showpiece. I've got some ideas you might like to incorporate and Sam should have a strong involvement too."

Paul's eyes nearly bugged out as he listened to Peter's ideas, bios, galleries, catalogs, interviews, order forms. This was major. Sound? What would he do? He didn't have a clue what would be appropriate. Peter said Michael and Andrew might have some good ideas for that. Sam laughed.

"Peter, you'll send Paul crazy. He'll need more than two weeks to get all that working. And what about Jeremy? He has to be involved in the website too."

"Oh my. Of course he does. We're getting too wound up in our surprise factor. I know, we'll have a rough version as a surprise and then get his input before it goes on-line. That's better for you too, Paul."


***


Next morning early there was a big pack up and everyone made the most of a last visit to the surf beach, where ten strong, tanned, naked bodies, frolicked in the surf, lazed on the sand, or spent their energy riding the waves before Pete lined everyone up for a last official photo and the afternoon exodus began.

The atmosphere on the home trip was rather high-spirited. Jeremy was on a bit of a high about the writer's workshop, Jarrod was excited in general and talking about his first day tomorrow as an official apprentice, while Paul's head was whirling with thoughts of all the things to do in the next few weeks. The finishing event for the holiday was a smorgasbord meal at a restaurant in Geelong and the last leg of the journey to Jarrod's house involved quite a bit of singing with the CD player and a certain amount of dozing by Jarrod and Paul.


***


The trouble with holidays is catching up afterwards and the next day Paul worked a couple of extra hours for Brian as they ordered new materials, went through correspondence and set up a print run that had to be in the Express mail by Wednesday. Two definite contracts for new work and three expressions of interest to be followed up put a smile on Brian's face, but kept him on the phone for ages, and it was nearly two o'clock before Paul sat at his computer. He started with some rough logic set-ups for the book site. Andrew had showed him these, flowcharts he called them, way back when he'd first started and they were a great idea to stop you getting muddled. That didn't last long because they were too tentative. He focused on the home page design but after half an hour gave that up as well because Jeremy kept looking in the window and it would be just like him to drop in for a moment. He did, sure enough, and luckily Paul had switched to entering the data for Peter, Michael and Sam's site. Jarrod came in too, looking all pleased, and Paul felt strange not working with them. Boy. This wasn't going too well. Their demolishment activity on the kitchen wall just metres away was too distracting. He nicked in to see if Sam was being affected. He wasn't because his room was on the other side of the house and the sounds were quite muted.

"Why don't you move out to the lock-ups till the kitchen's finished?"

That was a great idea since the big extension to the kitchen and the new rooms above would be going on for ages. There was no internet though. Hmm. He could get round that by using a memory stick and connecting through Jeremy's computer if he needed to.

"What are you doing?"

"It's so noisy Sam said I should work in the lock-up's."

Peter just nodded.

"Of course. We should have thought of that."

With everyone helping the move was done in one trip. Anthony had quite a crew till College started, Jarrod, Pete and William as regulars, Peter, Michael and Andrew as occasionals, and Jeremy till he flew off to Sydney on the weekend.
The unit above the lock-ups was too different at first, but that passed and by the end of the week Paul was settled in and rather enjoying the stirring about his new office.
The other unit was soon taken by Peter and Michael who were going to live there till the new roof and upstairs rooms were finished.
Sunday turned out very eventful. Seeing Jeremy off at the airport was weird. They'd never been apart for more than a couple of days ever since they met, so even though this was only a week it felt major. On the way home in Pete's car they talked about Jeremy and the usual conjecture came up about his future.

"What d'you reckon Paul?"

"I don't know. He'll probably be a scientist. He loves all that electronic stuff and he's so good at his science and maths courses."

"Do you think he might be a writer? He's really pleased about this week."

That was Jarrod and Pete followed on.

"Yeah, I've never seen him write as much as he has this year. I know. I've got it worked out."

"What?"

"He'll be a greenie."

That was one of the stirs Jeremy was always getting. He was passionate about environmental stuff and had persuaded Peter and Anthony to make all the new roof into solar power collectors and was always talking about better insulation and getting big rainwater tanks.

"How does he do all his stuff, Paul? He's got all those novels he reads too."

"He doesn't. It drives him crazy. He told me about a book he read where this guy never had to sleep and could do all these extra things in his life."

"That's not true is it?"

"No, just a story."

"God, I reckon that would be awful. I like sleeping."

"Oh yeah, Jarrod? You don't do much sleeping when you're with William. You were late for work on Thursday."

"Was not. Only ten minutes. And Anthony said it was all right because we worked extra on Wednesday."

"See, you did sleep in. You had another marathon didn't you?"

"Ha! You can talk Pete."

The marathon had become one of the major stirring points from the holiday and Jarrod quite enjoyed the notoriety of being labeled a `four hour stud'. This burst all came when Jarrod's dad couldn't give him a lift and William had quickly asked him to stay the night.

"When do you start your apprenticeship coursework?"

"Three weeks, and I go every Friday. It's at that place near your College, and Anthony's already been speaking to them."

"What are you going to do next year, Pete?"

"I haven't got a clue. I'm more worried about my course. Fourth year's the hardest of all."

Paul was quite surprised because he'd never heard Pete sound worried about anything.

"You'll pass, Pete. You got good results last year."

"Yeah. I guess. Peter reckons I will as long as I get into it right from the start. I'm not a brain like you, Paul."

Paul gawked at him.

"Are you crazy? I haven't even got Year Ten. I'm not a brain."

"You must be. How could you learn all that printing stuff and the websites in a couple of months if you weren't. Anyhow, Andrew says you are."

Paul didn't know what to say so he tried to find out more.

"Did he really say that?"

"Well, lots of potential and ability. It means the same."

Jarrod added his bit.

"I reckon you're a brain too. Look how easy Life Maths was for you."

Pete glanced in the rear vision mirror.

"See, you must be. It's two to one."

Jarrod took the cue and swivelled round with a grin.

"Einstein."

"Marathon man... Four Hour Stud."

"Brain."


***


Pete parked the wagon and as they got out there was a yell and Michael beckoned them from the lock-ups balcony.

"We're all up here. Come on Kieran."

He disappeared into the in studio and as they approached Pete voiced his puzzlement.

"Kieran? What's he saying that for?"

Paul was wondering the same, though he knew Kieran was the character he modelled from Jeremy's story. Oh wow. Mounted on an easel just inside the doorway was one of Sam's illustrations.

"Holy hell. You look unreal, Paul."

Pete and Jarrod were staring at the picture then back at Paul, while all the others enjoyed their reaction.

"You're in it too, Pete. Come and have a look."

On a bench and a table were three giant art folios which Paul knew must contain the rest of the illustrations. Peter took over and explained they'd been helping Sam move into the studio while they waited for the airport group to return.

"We're all involved in the illustrations, which was a bit of a liberty, but we knew you wouldn't mind since it's for Jeremy's book."

"Book? What book?"

"Jeremy's written a novel which I think is rather special. We've kept it a secret, Pete, so we can make it a surprise for him, but Brian and Paul are publishing it and Sam's done all the illustrations and this is our first viewing."

It took ages because you just had to stare. Paul was astonished. He'd seen the basic pictures of himself but not many with the backgrounds all finished, and only a few featuring the other household members. They were all there, Pete as an Elvin King, William an Elvin Prince, Andrew a great warrior, Michael a bard, Peter, Anthony, Brian and Jarrod, and with Paul and Jeremy the key characters. At first there were exclamations and comments but as Peter revealed each new picture and briefly explained its significance the atmosphere quietened. Paul's own excitement grew as he looked at the rapt attention and Sam's pleasure, and thought how special this book was going to be. When Peter finished, Sam faced a barrage of praise and questions. Even Michael was seeing these for the first time. Peter explained the plan of presenting the completed book to Jeremy. Andrew wanted to know if there were any other plans.

"Is this a limited edition, Peter, just for friends and acquaintances, or do you have bigger ideas?"

"Much bigger, but we'll test the waters before we take it further. It depends on what Jeremy wants of course, but Paul is developing a special Web site and we've got plans for marketing the book and poster prints of the illustrations."


***


The week was exciting and full on. On Monday Sam took the illustrations to be professionally scanned and digitised and then worked with Paul all afternoon and evening, planning and organising his input for the website.
On Tuesday Paul swapped his usual times and when Sam arrived in the afternoon with the digitised images they spent an hour with the Publishing Software working out exact placements for the pictures. With that done, Paul set up the machine for the cover, which, being printed on card, needed a separate run, then with an excited grin at the others, clicked the go-ahead for the proof copy. Perfect. And when Brian was satisfied all was okay the full run of 205 proceeded. After a change to the special paper required, the sets of internal illustrations steadily worked their way through till that was finished and they went in for a slightly delayed evening meal.
By mutual agreement they started early the next morning and steadily the packets of text built in piles on the workbenches till the printer stopped and the tedious job of inserting illustration pages, paper folding, binding and trimming continued.
Just before midday meal Brian did the honors at the binding machine and the first complete book was finished.
Sam and Michael joined in for the afternoon and after tea the whole household kept Brian flat out at the binding machine, till just after ten there was a resounding cheer as he held up the last book. The following morning Paul spent an hour with Brian, making sure he understood how to set up the poster size work. Apart from a few experiments they hadn't done this before and it would use the graphics capability of the big machine to the limit.
Magnificent. The first one looked the same as the original to Paul's memory, and it wasn't till later when they had them side by side that he could tell the difference. After the second picture he somewhat reluctantly left it to Brian to finish the set and went to find Peter who was giving his day to work on material for the website. Sam turned up as well and by the end of the day they were all feeling pleased with the layout that was falling into place. A copy of the book was resting on the workbench and Sam kept looking through it, which obviously delighted Peter.

"You've done it again Sam. This is extra special. Have you thought about your originals? Phillip has to see them."

Phillip was the Art Gallery guy who'd handled Sam's other work.

"I'm not sure Peter. I think I'd like to keep them together as a set. For a while anyway. What about you Paul? Do you think we should sell them?"

"That's for you to say Sam. They're your pictures."

A look passed between Sam and Peter.

"Well, not really. You're the main subject and you put in so much time. I'm setting you at a third. That's fair enough, don't you think, Peter?"

"Sam, I would have said one quarter. No wonder I love you."

It was one of those moments, when Peter gave Sam a big hug and they both looked so pleased, and Paul knew he was missing something.

"Um. ...What do you mean?"

"Sam's saying it's your share of any proceeds from the illustrations."

The penny dropped and Paul stared at them.

"What for? I didn't do anything."

Peter laughed.

"No, you didn't spend weeks modelling, you didn't learn how to run the printer, you didn't do half the publishing, and you aren't building the website. What do you reckon Sam? Is that enough of not doing anything?"

"Nearly. You'd have to say he didn't inspire me to do extra scenes too."

Paul protested but they didn't give him any choice, so when Sam followed up his original question Paul quickly said to keep them as a set.

"He's tricky Sam. Well, we'll still see what Phillip has to say."

Sam nodded and then went ahead with choosing backgrounds for the Web pages.


***


Jeremy's plane landed at five thirty on Sunday afternoon and he talked enthusiastically all the way home in Pete's van. His first big surprise was the kitchen extension, almost completed with marble bench tops, big double glazed windows and large sliding doors.

"Wow. I go away for a week and everything's different. What's happening?"

"Special celebration. College starts on Wednesday, and Sam's breaking in the kitchen. The plumbing and new stove were just connected on Friday."

Jeremy got his hugs and greetings, answered a few questions about his trip, then headed for his room.

"You've only got half an hour guys, then the food's on."

After a proper hello Jeremy wanted a quick shower and change of clothes, so Paul went with him to the bathroom. God it was good to see him.

"Has anything been happening while I was away? Everyone seems extra happy."

"They do? Well it's because you're back."

That got a full on Jeremy smile.

"Well, what have you been doing then?"

"Printing and Websites. It's been very, very busy. Brian had a really important deadline to meet but we managed it."

Jeremy nodded, he was used to hearing about Brian's deadlines, and gave Paul a smooch. Paul returned it as they both laughed and pulled apart. That would have to wait till later.
The feast lasted for ages, as mountains of Sam's delicious food was devoured by the hungry locust horde. That was Peter's description, and he readily agreed when Michael pointed out that he'd eaten as much as anybody else.
Pete was in full form, stirring Michael about his motorbike, Jarrod for putting a window-frame in backwards, and making up outlandish stories about Jeremy having adventures at gay bars in Sydney. Jarrod spent most of the time laughing. Sam was intent on being the host and when Michael called him the head chef he started responding to everything with a phony French accent. Paul felt Jeremy lean against his shoulder.

"Something is so happening, Paul. It's like they're all hyper, and Andrew just gave me a wink."

The atmosphere did have a definite buzz and Jeremy was picking up that he was involved somehow, so Paul decided some misdirection was in order.

"Yeah, Sam's been working on some special project and he's showing us tonight."

"Wow. ...I wonder if it's his sketches of Jarrod? That's the only serious thing he's started for ages."

Paul didn't have to respond because Peter stood up and suggested a move to the big new living area that was part of the kitchen extension.

"Jeremy, would you stand here with me and help. Sam will be here in a minute."

"Me?"

Jeremy went with a mixture of curiosity, and puzzlement. Paul had to smile when Jeremy looked suspiciously round. That made everyone smile even more and clinched his suspicion.

"What is it, Peter? Why is everyone smiling at me?"

"We're excited Jeremy. If it wasn't for you, Sam wouldn't have done this new project."

Jeremy didn't say anything, but his gaze flicked round, then centered on Paul with a, `why didn't you tell me', kind of look. Paul grinned back with his own, `what? And spoil all the fun, I'm enjoying this', look.
Sam arrived.

"Okay Jeremy. Tell us what you think."

This first picture was one of Paul in human guise. There were a number of these at the start of the story and it had been chosen to keep Jeremy guessing.

"Wow! ...Paul!"

His expression changed though, because Sam turned to the next illustration, with a full elven transformation, ears, eyes, and a blue nimbus of power, but despite the striking changes, still Paul.
Jeremy stared. Understanding, disbelief, uncertainty chasing each other.

"Is ...this ...out of my story?"

Sam was loving this, along with everyone else in the room, and presented the next illustration. Jeremy looked around the room with his special smile, acknowledging they were enjoying his surprise, then focused as Sam worked through the folio. Peter's hand was resting on Jeremy's shoulder the whole time and when the folio closed, he gave Jeremy a quick hug.

"So? What's the verdict?"

That had been obvious the whole way through with Jeremy making appreciative sounds and comments for each picture.

"They're unreal. Sam, they're wonderful... Um.. Did Peter give you my story?"

"Yes, the whole project was his idea. This is just my part."

"Your part?"

The puzzled look was back.

"Yes. ...Hey Peter, have you got that street directory for Jeremy's car?"

"It's with the display books."

Apart from being a blatant change of topic, this was quite a likely thing since Jeremy had been meaning to buy a directory for months. Peter nodded at the row of books between two black elephant book ends.

"It's a little thank you for the inspiration."

Jeremy hesitated, then understanding he was expected to collect the directory, moved and started looking.

"There's no direct..."

After a moment of stillness he reached forward, slid the book from its place and stared at the cover.

"...Is it. ...A joke?"

He looked at Paul who gave a little shake of his head.

"Have a look Jeremy."

With a look around at the watching faces he opened the book, turned a page and stared, turned another one and stared even more. Paul moved next to him and saw it was the title page.

"But what?.. How?.. I don't understand."

"It's the first copy of the first edition Jeremy. Brian and Paul published it for you."

"Edition?"

His eyes returned to the book. He slowly turned several more pages then lifted his head, first to Brian and then to Paul.

"You've made my story into a book? ...With Sam's pictures?"

Paul watched Jeremy struggle, watched the smile, watched him blink his eyes, and felt like making a million more books for him. The strength of the moment was sliced by a cheer from Pete who, grabbing Jarrod, pushed through and hoisted Jeremy onto their shoulders. Paul joined the laughter and cheers, all the while drinking in the wonder as Jeremy looked down at them. When he was lowered everyone gathered close to enjoy as Jeremy leafed his way steadily through the book and asked a multitude of questions about how it had all happened. Later there was a sing-along with Michael leading and Andrew on the piano, then after some supper Paul, Jeremy and Jarrod went to their room. Jarrod said he could stay with William or Pete but Jeremy wouldn't hear of it, saying the trio had to be together. There was more disbelief from Jeremy when he saw the website, followed by the mandatory wrestling and high jinks, and then the three were snuggled in bed.

"I still can't believe it. Does Peter really think my story's good enough for a book?"

"We knew you'd say that. Of course he does. He made up his mind the first day he read it."

"And when did you do the modelling with Sam? That must have taken ages."

"It did, months. Mostly on Tuesday mornings when you were at college, and every time Peter took you away on weekends."

"Sneaks."

"I know. It's good isn't it?"

"I wonder if anyone will like it? The story I mean. I know they'll like Sam's pictures."

"Well you'll find out. Peter's got stacks of ideas."

"Ideas? Like what?"

"For selling it. We had a big planning session with Brian and Sam. He's putting it in the bookshop at College for a start and then he's donating a couple of copies to the big fantasy book club here in Melbourne, and then some to clubs in the other States after that."

"Oh no! At College? That will feel so weird."

"No it won't. You'll be famous."

"Idiot."

"We have to get the website running first so people can send in orders."

"Running? You just showed it to me."

"It's not on the Web yet. We have to get your ideas, Jer. It's your book. Well, yours and Sam's, but he's already put his ideas in."

"I still can't believe it."

"Get him Jarrod, else he'll say that all night."


The end of chapter 15.
***


 

A wonderful surprise.
Copyright © 2014 Palantir; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..