Jump to content
    Phantom
  • Author
  • 488 Words
  • 1,495 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt 430 - Blind Dates - 1. Prompt 430 - Creative

I cringed when I opened my email to see the mass invite to our companies Charity’s Night Out. As I read through the email and see which restaurants have been chosen for each charity, I balked at the words ‘mandatory attendance required unless otherwise excused by your supervisor.’ I hated social functions and I hated eating out at restaurants so I sent off a quick email to Emily, my supervisor, telling her that I couldn’t make it because I didn’t know of anyone to go with or to invite with me.

That matter resolved, I quickly dived into my work, ignoring everything around me like I normally do. That was until I heard a knock on my cubicle wall. I turned and saw Emily standing there with a huge grin on her face and what I could only describe as a glint of evil in her eyes. “What’s up?” I asked her already fearing the worst.

“Well,” she said slowly “I think I have a solution to your issue with Charity’s Night Out. I have a friend who’s absolutely perfect for you. I’ve been meaning to talk to you about him for a while and well, now seems as good of a time as any.”

I tilted my head back and groaned, my worst fears coming true. A. Blind. Fricking. Date. I looked back at Emily and shook my head, “That’s okay, you don’t need to…”

“No problem at all. In fact I already invited him and told him all about you!” She said with evil glee. “I’m certain you’ll love him!”

Not seeing a way out of this I sighed and looked at her “Well, what’s he like?”

“Oh you’ll see, he’s really special!” She said laughing as she walked away from my cubicle and chuckled while I just slumped in my chair defeated.

--

So a few days later and I’m standing in the lobby of my job looking for Emily and getting more and more nervous by the minute. When groups of people start leaving, I began to think that Emily and/or my blind date weren’t going to show up. I smiled in relief until I felt a tap on my shoulder and the tension that was slowly dissipating shot right back. “Aaron, come over here and meet my friend and your blind date.”

I followed Emily and when she introduced me to my blind date I couldn’t help but burst out laughter that brought everyone’s attention over to me. I could also hear a deep laugh as well coming from in front of me and when I was finally able to get control over myself I looked at Emily who looked extremely confused.

“Emily,” I said catching my breath. “You’re right in that my blind date is something special. That’s my cousin Alex.”

Alex busted out laughing and I joined him, all the while Emily stood there sputtering her words.


--


End

Bear with me.... my writing skills are really rusty... all constructive comments are welcome and appreciated smile.png
Copyright © 2015 Phantom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

The blind date is his cousin? Never would have imagined that scenario.
Oh well, at least Aaron and Alex should have fun on their "date" as it is evident they get along.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

That was one way to get out of a rotten date. At least it was his cousin so he could relax and just have fun.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Wonderful, I loved the twist and how the blind date backfired on the probably well-meaning supervisor.

 

Maybe his cousin could help him sneak away early???

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Hahahahahaha nice twist! At least now Aaron and Alex can enjoy themselves without the pressure of the blind date. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..