Jump to content
    PkCrichton
  • Author
  • 2,159 Words
  • 881 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events, or incidents are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, and incidents belong to  <span><a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/23785-johnar/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="23785" href="<___base_url___>/profile/23785-johnar/" rel="">@JohnAR</a></span> <br>

MetaFanFics - 4. MetaFanFic Spot

span style="font-size:1.1em;line-height:1.3em;">Set sometime between the events of MW5 MetaDeaths Chapter 18 and MW6 MetaProphecies Chapter 5.

He slumped back against the boulder before letting his feet slide out before him quickly causing himself to crash to the ground while his back protested at the rough stone of the boulder rubbing the tender flesh. But that discomfort shouldn’t have even been a footnote to his brain, instead he relished every graze and scrape the boulder gave to the bare skin of his back.


This isn’t what this place was for. It wasn’t for causing pain it was for letting go of problems and for sorting out his head. As it had been that first night when he’d stumbled across it. It was special to him, a place only one other knew about. He couldn’t help but think of that first time.


Running through the forest like this for the first time with his father was exhilarating and breathtaking. Who would ever believe running on four paws would be even more fun than a full on sprint down the street. He was supposed to stay with his father as they ran but he couldn’t help himself; he had to explore on his own, so he had taken off at a tangent from his father while enveloped in the sights, scents and sounds bombarding him not even counting the strange sensation of having a tail and feeling the wind rushing through fur all over his body.


That was how he’d come upon this place. While blindly running through the forest covering the foothills and mountains surrounding Mt. Patterson his vision had opened up to the sky suddenly. The forest had given way to a clearing with a large boulder at the end. He skidded to a stop although it was a bit clumsily as he wasn’t used to this yet and just looked around marveling at everything.


A howl broke him out of his revelry. Damn his father noticed he was gone and wanted him back. He needed to remember where this was so he jumped onto the boulder and was awestruck at the view of the mountains and sky before him. But no time for that now at least he had a good idea where this was now and could find it again eventually.


And so he had found this spot again after that night of his first shift. It became his personal spot where he came when he needed time to himself. It had been here that he’d pondered over and figured out that not only was he gay but he had for some reason no desires for sexual release. He had agonized over his desire to follow in his grandfather’s footsteps to join the military and his father’s desires for him to be an enforcer for the pack. And he had come to his final choice while laying back on that boulder gazing at the stars that he would leave his pack forever instead of being forced to marry a female wolf that wasn’t even his mate.


He had never thought he’d be able to come back to his pack let alone this place that had been his for so many years. It was only when things had calmed down enough after the Challenge, the Floridian wolf, the Traitor, a Shadowed Alpha and Exodus of those who couldn’t stand to be in a pack with their unique Inner Circle that he was finally able to take a moment to come back out here and see this place again and marvel at it after 10 years of exile. He was home where he had always dreamt of being again but at the same time his family had left rejecting him yet again.


Still, even with all the hardships and rejection he had a pack. He wasn’t just a potential Enforcer of this pack he was its Chief Enforcer. Now their Inner Circle had challenged and become the core of his old birth pack and here he was finally back in his place. But it was also time for this not just to be his place. There was someone else who deserved to see it especially after the revelation that Leo had forced upon everyone that not only were they scent addicted but they were also on wolf steroids. But how could he get Colt up here… It was to far for Colt to hike, the terrain would be a challenge even on mountain bike. Colt wouldn’t allow himself to be carried by him in either human or wolf form. That only left…


He couldn't think of the last time he was enjoying a run this much. But then this wasn't any ordinary run. He had to pay attention to his surroundings and pick the easiest path instead of jumping over fallen trees, boulders and ditches. He had to worry about the ATV that was right behind him following him and trusting his choices on where to direct its path. That was what also made it so special, never before had Colt actually done anything with them but sit at their base camp or vehicle as they all had their run. Then there was the fact that even being up wind he was still getting a constant buzz off Colt's scent.


After a good thirty minutes he finally slowed down and stopped. Colt on the ATV came to a halt as well. He didn't want to shift yet but what was the point of bringing Colt out here only to remain a wolf and force Colt to have to interpret everything he might want to say or feel. He moved a little away behind a tree to block Colt's view and lessen his distress when he shifted. Once done he stretched out and stepped back from behind the tree moving back towards Colt and the ATV.


"You never said how you got Prime to agree the ATV? He won't even let me drive my own car yet here I was able to use one of these beasts where I'm not even in a steel cage?"


"Either that or you were riding on my back. No way you were hiking that distance."


Colt chuckled a little, "Yeah that would have been so much worse than the woods near college. It would have taken hours just to get here. Where is here anyhow?"


Moving to the rear of the ATV CE unzipped a pack and pulled out a pair of silkies to pull on. "Follow me and you'll see. Then I guess I need to explain it."


They moved a few meters through the trees until they gave way, opening up into the small field surrounded by the forest on three sides and a huge boulder at the far end.


"Ok you got me. This is pretty nice but just what's so important about it?"


"Not done, come over here and up the boulder." CE and Colt crossed the field before CE climbed the boulder partway turning around and offering Colt his hand for a little assistance.


Reaching the top Colt's eyes widened as he took in what was before him. "Yeah, so that’s some view, even I can appreciate it with my predilection for all things urban over rural and natural. OK Enforcer, obviously there is something about this place that not only makes it important to you but you wanted me here too. So why don't you tell me just what it is to you."


Sighing CE took a deep breath, "This is a place I found when I first shifted and got away from my father for a bit. It kinda became my place to come and relax, let loose and think. Had many a debate here. Even the final one of marriage or exile to the Corps. Never thought I'd see it again but then you and Prime took over. I suddenly had it back and well. It felt right to share it with you."


"Well then I'm honored that you'd want to share a place that means so much to you that you've obviously not shared with anyone else before with me. Let me guess now you want to sit back ask me to lean against you so you can revel in both of us being here while doing your enforcerly protection duty at the same time you big mushy teddy bear."


“Sir, yes sir. But whatever you want, sir. Plus we’ve got plenty of anything we need back in the pack at the ATV, blankets, e-reader tablet, drinks, sweets, baby wipes, you name it we got it,” CE added while grinning widely showing off his pearly whites.

 

And so he kept coming back here as he used to whenever he needed space, time to think, to just let go or remember that afternoon with Colt, being his enforcer in every way his Meta wanted. One of the hardest of these times was after the battle. They had won but also lost so much. The pack had lost an Enforcer, a Beta, a Gamma and three Fighters. That’s not even counting all the Betas, Enforcers and Fighters of the other supporting Packs that had died. They had all known it could happen they had prepared for it and what they expected to be the worst case scenario for the battle paled in comparison to the reality of what they faced. They did everything they could but it wasn’t enough. They would have all died if Colt hadn’t shifted into the White Wolf turning the tide and allowing them to stave off defeat, turning it instead into a rout. But three queens had still escaped, they had lost two of their own inner circle and Colt was in a coma. They had failed in their duties. He had failed his duties. He was supposed to be the CE. He was supposed to protect the pack and Colt their Meta. Colt wasn’t supposed to have to save them at what could have been the cost of his own life. But what more could he have done? He had more than his own paws full as he was fighting with Vroni. The moment he’d finally managed to sink his fangs in and vanquish her he’d taken off to try and help the others but it was already too late. Risa had killed Leo and Seb although they had supposedly injured her. MaryAnn had killed Al their best defence and warning against the presence of any queens. Nactaria had killed Lars before Prime finally got her. While Cristin had killed Drew and Hunter, nearly killing Warren if not for Hunter’s interference until she finally met her death at Warren’s fangs.

 

All that loss but the pack had endured with a diminished inner circle and a comatose meta. To top it off suddenly the old Mt Patterson Pack now ruled by a very strange and unorthodox inner circle that so many had felt was beneath them and not worthy to be associated or be a part of was now the White Wolf Pack that everyone wanted a piece of and to join. Which led to his parents who had rejected him twice and the brother who never knew him to petition to rejoin the pack they had rejected the year before. Oh how he wanted to slam that door in their faces but he had to be bigger than that he had to be the CE of Colt’s pack and do what he would want done even though he couldn’t do it himself. But that doesn’t mean that here of all places he couldn’t release those desires and frustrations. Slamming his fists into the boulder screaming out the loss, the frustration, the desire, the longing and the seeds of hatred he can only ever show here before returning and being the CE he was chosen and born to be.

 

It seemed like forever since the battle and funeral he only ever came up here when he needed to let loose all the pent up anger and frustration he had. He never could come to just relax and think. No those joys had been completely lost when they were running and returned to the shriveled corpse of their meta, Colt. After the the funeral pyre he had retrieved his dogtags from the ashes not for himself but to put them up here at the base of the boulder where they still lay buried. As this was the one place that he had only ever shared with one person and no other ever would ever see it.


He finally stood up not really feeling any better than he had before but knowing he needed to get moving again if nothing else but to get back to the pack. As he was shifting a different scent hit his nose. One he shouldn’t be smelling, least of all here causing him to start growling without even realizing it. He would recognize this scent anywhere as it belonged to his little spoiled punk of a disgraced enforcer brother, Will.

span style="font-size:1.1em;line-height:1.3em;">This fic came about because I know that many of us at least when growing up have a place where we like to go to relax, let go, think, etc. I was trying to figure out who amongst the the main cast of characters would have a fitting place, how it could fit into the story of Meta and it was kinda already staring me in the face because the pack took over CE’s old pack territory so it made total sense that he would have a spot. JAR even saw fit to reference that such a place exists for CE in the main story as he has seen this fic evolve and given some suggestions to add and alter.
Copyright © 2014-2018 JohnAR; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2016 PkCrichton; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events, or incidents are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, and incidents belong to  <span><a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/23785-johnar/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="23785" href="<___base_url___>/profile/23785-johnar/" rel="">@JohnAR</a></span> <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think we all need a spot like that, be it physical or in our heads, to escape from the world and retreat to when things get rough. For me, it's not a particular spot, but anywhere close to the ocean does the job.
Maybe CE can seek solace in this place and not feel the urge to hurt himself so much. If he can let the feelings out by screams or shifted runs in the area instead of turning them all inside, it might help.

Link to comment
On 04/11/2016 03:58 AM, Puppilull said:

I think we all need a spot like that, be it physical or in our heads, to escape from the world and retreat to when things get rough. For me, it's not a particular spot, but anywhere close to the ocean does the job.

Maybe CE can seek solace in this place and not feel the urge to hurt himself so much. If he can let the feelings out by screams or shifted runs in the area instead of turning them all inside, it might help.

CE actually has tried to use the place during his grief. If you look at chapter 10 I think it was when CE was thinking of jumping he mentions that even his spot wasn't able to help him with his grief on that day during his running.

 

He also asked baby Forest in Chapter 11 if he would like to see a special spot on a hike. That would be some hike, I'm not sure if Emma would like such a long trek if she had any idea just how long she would be without Forest.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..