Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 10,086 Words
  • 5,585 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Luckiest Man In The World - 7. Home Again

Aunt Pearl was with Kyle when we landed. She hugged me so hard.

“It’s so good to have you home!” She crooned.

She looked well. Far better than when we came to Bonnie Glenn a year before. She’d lost twenty years in appearance. Kyle looked great, too. His wardrobe had improved. I guess Danny boy was paying him more and giving him more responsibilities. He hugged me fiercely which I returned just as hard.

"God, I missed you, Kyle," I said as my voice broke and tightened the hug,

Kyle nodded but didn't let me go. "I missed you, too." His voice broke, too.

We parted a little and saw our mutual tear-stained faces and laughed as we wiped our faces of the tears.

“So, you’re home for how long?” Kyle grinned and sniffed.

I shrugged. “I’m never leaving as I did ever again. I don’t think there is a part of this world we haven’t seen.”

Kyle grinned at that. Then looked behind me. “Rain, good to see you, too.”

Rain nodded. “You, too, Kyle.”

“Not going back to New York?” Kyle asked me.

“My reign as the Luckiest Man in the World is nearly over.” I chuckled as we walked back to the car. “We have one more party for New Year’s Eve in Manhattan and then, done. No more jetting around the world. If we do, it’s our choice where and how long.”

“But you’re the only winner in five years. Who knows when the next one will pick the right numbers.” Kyle objected. “Your reign will last until then.”

“I know,” I grumbled. “But I did what they asked me to.”

“He boosted the economies all over the world.” Rain added. “Billions of dollars.”

“Because the people think I’m lucky,” I argued.

“Aren’t you?” Kyle asked getting into the car. “Do you need to go to the hotel?”

I looked at Rain who shrugged. “Being jetlagged is sort of normal now.” He muttered.

I laughed. “Yes, it is the norm now.” I agreed. “Take us to see the house.”

Kyle looked at the two of us. “I sent you pictures.”

“Pictures, Kyle,” I repeated. “I want to see it.”

Kyle nodded. “We may have to do some further alterations, though.”

“Why?” I asked.

“The front door may not be wide enough.” He grinned. “Being bossy like you are.” I punched him in the arm. “People bowing and scrapping. Your head may not fit through the door.”

“I never asked anyone to do that.” I chuckled.

“They were too happy to do it on their own.” Rain stated.

 

When we drove in…I was stunned. It’s amazing what a year can do. The road from the main highway was clear and some gravel added to give traction. The road now was wide enough now that two cars could pass each other in opposite directions without one having to pull over. Then we rounded the corner, there was now a stone wall, with a rod iron gate in front that was open. There was a booth on the inside and a door in the wall from the booth out front. A camera pointed at us.

“Damn!” I looked.

“Hold on. This is just the entrance.” Kyle drove in. Another curve and we entered the avenue of oaks. The door to the front of the house shown its black color. Only now it was a polished, shiny black, not the faded weatherworn black. And the outdoor chandelier was back, a new one which was also black and the white of the columns were pristine. The grass had been tamed and it was green, no perceptible weeds. And no ant mounds!! Fire ants were a force of nature here in the South. There used to be very two feet, a huge mound of the varmints. God’s creatures, sure….but were they really? Or were they God’s consequence because we ate the apple? Well, whatever your view of the pests, they weren’t here. Now the avenue of oaks were a mainstay for any self-respecting Southern Plantation. There were six on each side and a wonderful sight, over a hundred years for each tree, moss-laden and billowing in a cool breeze. Some will discount what I’m going to say, but the house was a proud structure, even in its deteriorating state. Now it was standing proud for the first time in decades. As I had told Kyle, sending pictures and video emails were good, but this was a whole other thing.

“It’s not quite finished,” Kyle warned stopping. Then he looked at me. “Most of the reconstruction is done, but it hasn’t been furnished. Some of the things you were gifted or bought have come in, but placing them…”

I nodded. “Got it.”

There were some changes, like what had been the owner’s den/office was now a media room. There were plush chairs that faced a huge screen, I knew was well over fifty inches. The library/music room was bare, but had books…most original issues…dusted and restored. Our footfalls echoing through its large, empty space. The dining room was bare also, but ready. The kitchen was restored, modern equipment where the antiques had been. It was a gourmet kitchen now. And there had been a prep-kitchen next to it, now just one large kitchen. There had been a vault back here. Why? That I had a hard time with. Why a vault? People hid their jewels in the freezer, why have a vault? Now there was a walk-in freezer. What had been the servants’ lounge was now an office for the house manager. Yes. A head butler maybe? The walled garden had been brought back from the dead. No weeds. Cultivated earth and plants there now. Above there had been the servants’ quarters now had a gym. All of the equipment was there and most with the plastic still on it. There were four grand bedrooms, all with their own baths. The bedroom that had been closest to his side of the two master bedrooms had been converted to a huge closet. The grandest bedroom was the master bedroom. Kyle opened the door to what had been his and her bedrooms. Now held one bedroom. The bath that had been attached to her bedroom was the one that the workers had restored. The area that had been his bathroom was now a small kitchen. One fireplace now and a good spacious room. Below what would be Rain’s and my room was the ballroom. That was redone and waited for a party. There was the stone terrace off the ballroom that wrapped around giving a good view over the river. I remembered that Kyle had told me they had found what remained of a swimming pool that had been buried, now stood at the end of the back yard, a water garden extended from the backdoor to the pool and the junior Olympic sized pool had white marble columns at the end free standing like ruins of an ancient Greek or Roman structure. To the left of this held a white cottage, now pristinely white with black shutters. It looked quite nice. The carriage house had been converted into the garage. There were two apartments above on the second floor, one two bedrooms and the other one for anyone we hired that needed to quickly accessed and would live there.

“And now…” Kyle opened the door for the carriage house. In here were five vehicles. I was surprised by one. It was an SUV, but it was a Bentley! Shiny black and looked as if it had never been driven. The other called to my inner Y chromosome! That was a vette! Not just a Corvette, a Vette!! Somewhere between powder blue and blue. Girls had names for all these colors, I don’t know, it was blue! Only it was older in style than the new ones, the late seventies.

“Oh, my god!” I walked over, afraid to touch it in case of offending…I don’t know…the car gods.

“Now the guy that delivered it, Max…said his brother and he did this sort of thing,” Kyle explained. “He said this is not a totally original car. The body and the structure, yes. But he said it had everything. CD, navigation, Wi-fi…the whole thing.”

The amazing thing was nothing looked like it didn’t belong in the late 20th century. “Who bought it?” I asked.

“It’s a gift.” Kyle shrugged.

I pointed to the Bentley. “That, too?”

Kyle nodded. He grimaced. “It just figures. You win enough money and now they give things to you.”

There was a new Bronco, Ford had made a mistake stopping the production of this vehicle back when they did. Now they were thinking of cranking them out again. This one was red.

“This is the new year model. Not this year, next year.” Kyle explained.

A Mercedes 550, and an Aston Marin Vulcan. These were not given to the general public.

“A lot of good that is, I haven’t driven in a year. I hope I haven’t forgotten how.” I chuckled. “But it isn’t without reason nor all that generous. They figure by my taking it, that adds to their production and customer base.”

Kyle nodded with a frown. “And there is one more…gift.” The way he said it told me I might not like it.

We went to Pearl’s house. It was beautiful now, but when we walked in, there was Sallie. What was beside her made my heart melt. A beagle puppy! He couldn’t have been six to eight weeks! He was very young and adorable! As usual for beagles, very happy to see us.

I groaned. “Ohhh! I said not to do this!” Yes, I whined. “I wasn’t ready to be a dog parent.”

“Well, the people at…whatever…didn’t hear that or ignored it. He came three days ago.” He went to a desk and pointed at some papers. “He’s registered and his date of birth makes him eight weeks and four days. A pure breed. His father and mother are show winners and you got one of the litter.” Kyle explained as I knelt to receive greetings from the little guy. I saw he had a collar. The silver bone had “Lucky” written on it.

“Hi, Lucky,” I said softly as I picked him up and rewarded with a wagging tail and licks. I quickly stood and held the dog out to Kyle. “No. This is too soon.” I growled. “We need to send him back.”

“Send him back where!? The breeder?” Kyle took the dog, then looked at me. “Are you sure?” He asked knowing I wasn’t going to send him anywhere, getting licks which Kyle didn’t mind. He was a dog lover, too.

“I’ll be heading back to New York in a couple of weeks.”

Kyle looked, waiting for more, then… “So? Take him with you. You have your own plane, no pet restrictions there.”

This was torture. I wanted him, but… “Fine,” I grumbled. “Under protest. He needs sunshine and the great outdoors, not cooped up in an apartment in Manhattan.” I took Lucky back. How could you give him away?

“First, it’s a penthouse.” Kyle corrected. “Second, they still have newspapers, use that. Wee-wee pads in stores... Or just pay someone to take him out.”

“How long will you be gone?” Pearl asked.

“Four days…five at the most.” I said as a justification.

“No problem.” She answered. “Lucky will stay with me while you’re gone.”

Okay, I love dogs. Obviously. You know that. Anyone who claims to be an animal lover couldn’t possibly not like Lucky. He was cute as he could be and the smile on a beagle…not to mention he loved you. And was eager to love you. And you could tell! Of course, I would keep Lucky. Rain wasn’t that sure. So I gave Lucky to him and let Lucky work on Rain himself.

“Lola never wanted pets.” Rain explained. “She saw it as enslavement.”

I nodded. “Does he look like a being that would make a good slave? Of any kind?” I asked as Lucky was happily again licking a face. Rain’s. It was working. Rain was smiling at the puppy. I knew Rain would give in. The beagle charm would win out.

 

Back in the main house, Kyle told me the things I had insisted on. It was to be a smart house, there was a computer in the media room that controlled much of the house. It could be accessed from the house manager’s office and my room. Limited access the security booth. There was a security room with monitors that saw every room in the house, including Rains’ and my room. (Security would be discrete on looking there. I hoped.) It had the fiber optic cables in the walls with computer jacks in every room. There were remotes in every room for the stereo feed, music selection could be done by the remote or on the TV, which hadn’t all been installed but was coming. A decorator was scheduled to come within the week.

As we walked through again, Kyle spotted something on Rain he hadn’t noticed before and froze, then at looked at me. His eyes widened.

“Is there something you need to tell me?” Kyle asked a little testily.

I knew what he was talking about from where he was looking, but smiled a little. “About what?”

He charged over and grabbed my left hand and brought the ring up. “About this…” he grabbed Rain’s left hand, there was a ring just like mine on his ring finger, “and this.”

Rain smiled a little and winked at me. “Eric knocked me up.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Really? I thought it was you that knocked me up.”

Kyle put his fingers in his ears. “I did not need to know that…la la la la…too much information.” Kyle chanted. “I don’t need to know who did what to whom.” He glared at me. “Are you married?”

I felt my heart sink. This anger was the last thing I thought he would feel. “I would never do that without you there. You should know that.”

“Yeah, you did…with her!” Kyle said a little angrier. “You dated her and boom, you married her. Never once asking me if I thought that was alright.”

I frowned. “I’m sorry. We were going to do it here. This spring. Do you think we shouldn’t?”

Kyle stared a few seconds but said nothing.

“So, you don’t think it’s a good idea.” I pushed wanting an answer.

“Kyle!” Pearl said, quietly urging him to say something.

Kyle opened his mouth, and all that came out was a squeak. Then he cleared his throat. “I…don’t know him.”

Even Aunt Pearl balked at that. “You think Eric doesn’t?”

But Rain stepped up. “And because you don’t know me…you can’t trust me.” Rain said quietly. “I am not after his money!” He walked closer to Kyle. “I couldn’t think of any way to convince you. And I knew you would be the hardest one to get to trust me.” He began. “So, I had something drawn up. It was only me. I signed a contract with the people at the Powerball. If I leave Eric, I leave without a thing. It’s filed with the lawyers at the Powerball and I have a copy of the contract in my luggage.”

“Rain!” I was horrified hearing this. “I don’t want you to do that! This is our house! Those are your cars. You and I share everything.”

Rain nodded. “But I knew.” He pointed at Kyle. “He’s known you for twenty years. You’ve known me for a year.”

“And I’ve spent every day of that year with you.” I objected. “We had our share of crisis. The one in Australia was the first. You never asked me for anything.”

“That doesn’t count! He said it. He doesn’t trust me.” Rain said sadly. “You know me to be more than just a good fuck!”

“You know I do,” I assured. “Much more.”

“But he doesn’t!” Rain pointed at Kyle. “He sees a gay relationship as nothing but fun and cruising. He’s as bad as the Republican protestant straights who think it’s just playing or a sin, or both.”

Kyle got angry. “I do not!”

“Prove it!” Rain challenged. “I had a contract drawn up as proof. For you, not Eric. Eric didn’t even know about it until now. What have you got?” Rain pointed a finger, almost poking Kyle in the chest.

Kyle’s face said he was distressed. He was being forced to prove what he didn’t feel.

“Kyle,” I began softly. “You don’t trust Rain. Fine, but trust me. I’ve made one mistake in the pursuit of the right relationship. And that was because I was a wimp. I chose the easy road thinking a relationship with Susan was the best call. At a time when I was an emotional wreck, but the marriage with her was a lie. She was a lie. The thing was, I did love that lie, but it would never have worked. I am gay. I appreciate your protectiveness about me. I always have, but I’m a grown man. If I am making a mistake, it’s my mistake to make. Do you think I would have spent the past year with someone I didn’t trust? There is nothing I do not know about Rain. You are, and though you will deny it, in love with me. Yet can’t stand the idea of competing for me with any relationship.”

“I told you I would do it with you.” Kyle protested.

“Do it! It. You mean sex as if that would have solved everything.” I shouted. “That’s what it would be, this it. It wouldn’t be love, and you didn’t want to! You were willing to have sex with me so I wouldn’t leave you.” I threw my hand up. “In a way, that’s worse than doing it for money. You want me to deny myself, not give my heart to someone who really wants love because you don’t want to lose me?”

“I don’t want you hurt,” Kyle admitted quietly.

"And that says a lot about you. You love me so much." I got close to Kyle. "I know you. You are a straight man that is willing to do what you never would to protect and keep me with you." I put my arm around Kyle's waist. "You and I are joined. Our relationship is beyond friendship or even brotherhood" I thought what I should say. "We are Soulmates...except for that one thing." I looked at Rain and Aunt Pearl. "I'm sorry Rain but you and I know a lot about each other and learning more every day!" I squeezed Kyle affectionately. "But this guy and I know everything about each other. We told each other everything. He was the first person I told him I was gay."

Kyle nodded smiling. "And he's the only one...not even my parents know...I had an accident in high school. A condom broke and I was so worried she might get pregnant. Eric sweated it out with me until the girl said she got her period and did again the next month." We both laughed as we remembered. He turned to me. He hugged me. "I just don't want you hurt."

“Life is hurt and pain,” I replied equally quiet. “You can’t spend all your time trying to stop that.”

Kyle sighed. “I know it isn’t fair. I know that, but…” He looked at Rain. “If you break his heart. I’ll kill you. That is not a fake threat. I. will. kill. you.”

Rain nodded. “Understood.” Lucky was whining. “I think we have another sort of issue with the little guy.” He kissed the top of the puppy’s head. “We’ll be outside.” As he was leaving he turned. “He’s growing on me.”

“Kyle,” I said coming up to my friend. “Please. Support us.”

Kyle gave a small sniff and nodded. “Yeah.”

 

The house was nearly ready, but we had to have furniture. The echoing of footsteps when we walked said that. The hotel was next. To realize it was my hotel was sort of thrilling. It still hadn’t clicked in my mind. We pulled in the front and the door was opened by a bald bellman I knew. He’d been there for three years. A good man. A happy man whenever you saw him. I would have had an affair with him, but he was devoted to his wife and two boys. Pity. He was a man with charm and personality plus!

“How are you, Eric?” Quinton asked with a big smile across his ebony face. “Or do I say, Mr. Mitchell now?”

I bear hugged the man. “Quinton! I will always be Eric to you.” I pulled Rain over. “This is my good friend, Quinton Washington. The best employee we have. Quinton, my fiancé Rain Stevens.”

“And the best-looking employee.” Quinton qualified. “Good to meet you.” Quinton shook Rain’s hand. He jabbed me in the ribs lightly with his elbow. “Are you finished touring the world?”

“I’m tired of touring the world,” I grumbled. “One more party and we’re done.”

Quinton grinned. “I saw some of those parties on TV. Famous people, kings, queens, sports celebrities. They all know your name now. Fine food. We all should suffer like that.”

“Never a moment of privacy, security following everywhere, paparazzi…awards, yes. Getting cars you don’t drive because it’s a security risk…”

“Your face on Time, Newsweek, CQ. Every syndicated magazine and television.” Quinton countered.

“TMZ, never a home-cooked meal. Never home!” I put back.

“Great threads…how you must have suffered.” He teased. “I’ll take it for a while.” Quinton shrugged.

“Then you should have guessed the numbers.” I pointed out.

Quinton nodded. “I tried.” He pointed to the hotel. “Well, things look so much better in there. Wait’ll you see what your money has done.” He looked up as Tom came out and Quinton whispered. “Here’s Tom. He’s a totally different man.”

Tom looked pleased with himself. The near buzz cut fresh. “Hello, Eric. Welcome back.”

I shook his hand. “Thanks. They are still working on the house. Is there room for us here?”

“You have to ask?” Tom laughed at that. “Wait until you see.” He led us into the hotel. Yes, Quinton was right. What had been art deco was shined, polished, the brass gleamed and even the employees’ uniforms were new, pressed and ironed. Much more attractive than before. The hotel was independently owned, so no cookie cut uniforms here. “I did as you asked. We’ve got a new mainframe for the new WiFi and new wiring in place. They’re still working on the top two floors, but new carpet, furniture…this place will shine.” He was too happy for me to see. The hotel was beautiful and like all of Charleston right now, decorated for Christmas. In the past they didn’t go crazy. Aaron Winehouse was Hebrew and he decorated for Christmas sparsely. But this time they hadn’t skimped on anything. Garland, lights, red ribbons, poinsettias and most important, the Christmas tree in the lobby. Tastefully done I have to say. I sniffed. Was that spiced tea I was smelling? It was! There was a station with polished copper urns where spiced tea and hot Christmas apple cider was offered for public use. And another exception…there were people here! As in guests! Lots of people checking in, milling, sitting in the lobby chatting. The marble floor gleamed. The chandelier above spread wide and shown like diamonds glistening in the light! The Christmas tree right below it. The marble mosaic pattern spreading out in a circle on the floor. Elegant.

“Tom!” I said in awe. “You did good!!”

Now Tom looked far from the tough marine, now like a proud schoolboy grinning as he did. “Well….I love Christmas.” He leaned toward me like he was going to tell a secret. “I wanted to do this before, but…well…”

“I remember.” I grinned.

Tom nodded. It was killing him. “I’ll show you around more.” He was off. I glanced at Rain and Kyle who merely shrugged. Lucky was just happy being held, by Kyle this time.

We were shown the standard rooms with a king sized bed and two queen-sized beds. We were shown the business suites, up to the suites with two rooms. Spacious and all furnished with period furniture of the late ninetieth century or so it looked. Tall rice planter beds, area rugs. I was impressed. Then he showed us two suites, the Royal Suite and the Presidential Suite. These two had your living area, dining rooms and one bedroom with sliding door from each opened to another room with either a king or two queen beds if more people were staying in the suites. Now he was really excited. We took a ride up one more floor. This floor had to be accessed by a key he had. This suite had double doors at the end of a short hall. Placing the key, he swung the doors open.

“Your suite,” Tom announced with pride.

This was no ordinary hotel suite for the furniture was not like the other rooms. The floors were hardwood, the two bedrooms were carpeted. There was a living area with a fireplace that was going brightly lit. A dining room with the table set for ten! China, crystal, silverware! Ready right now for a party. There was a space in the corner with a grand piano. A room where six plush chairs to lounge in faced a large TV screen. A kitchen with door access to a private elevator from below and the kitchen below that was near the restaurant. Two and a half bathrooms. The closets were huge and so were those two bathrooms! The half bath was for people in the living areas. Of course, the Christmas decorations were up, including the tree. Then there was the terrace. Wrapping around the entire hotel. A sitting area to enjoy the views and Charleston had a gorgeous view. The city, the harbor and the steeples! That’s why it was called the Holy City, because of all the steeples. There was a small pool and a Jacuzzi.

I was looked unbelieving. “My god! It’s beautiful!”

“This will be your home when here.” Tom shrugged. “Kyle told us what you liked.” He gave me a pleased look. “Of course, if you don’t stay here, because you lived here a while, this place is in high demand.”

I nodded. “So you can get top revenue.”

“But for now…you own the hotel, so you’re home,” Tom said. “I hope you like it.”

Did I deserve it? No, but I owned it now. “I do.”

Even Lucky liked it, especially the patches of grass on the terrace. He knew what to do there.

 

Things were starting to settle down. No more traveling to the next city. New York was coming and then we were done. I had these great vehicles, but couldn’t go anywhere without security. I had gifts from almost every city I’d been to but was only now getting the house together. The Zulu shield and spear, the metal suits of armor, paintings from Japan. Dozens of items that needed places. There was no reason to keep them if I wasn’t going to display them. The decorator and I went over the entire house and found places for almost everything. And we were having a Christmas party at the house. A limited guest list. Tom and his wife, Mr. Winehouse and his wife, Karen, Ned, and his husband Marcus, Quinton and his wife and other employees. We were hiring for help and for the party.

 

“Mr. Mitchell?” Yvette said. I had hired her for housekeeping. “The front gate is calling for you.”

“Chet could address this. Why didn’t he answer the call?” I wondered out loud.

“There was a question as to if they should or shouldn’t let this person in,” Yvette explained.

I went to the house security room. Chet sat looking at a row of monitors. One focused on the car at the gate. A figure in a new Mercedes waited.

“What is it, Chet?”

“There’s a Mark Fritz to see you,” Chet replied and he hurried on when I was going to object. “I would have refused him, but he begged to see you. I know the history.” He looked at me. “Shall I tell him to go?”

Then I thought. There would be no way for Mark to just come here without a very, very good reason. I was sure he would have been told by Susan that I knew about their affair. This had to be super important. I walked over to the control panel. “What do you want, Mark?”

Mark knew the sound of my voice and looked up quickly. “Just a few moments of your time.” He said, obviously nervous. “In private, please?” He held his hands in a pleading manner. “Please?” he begged.

This was damned odd. I looked at Chet. “Is there a room that is covered by surveillance that can be recorded?”

“All of them can see in, I can record any you want,” Chet replied. “We want to protect your privacy as well as your property.”

I grinned at him. “I’m glad you left the Powerball people to work here.”

Chet grinned back. “It was a great year! But when you flew Amanda to Paris and allowed us to have that week for our anniversary.” He shook his head. “How could I say no? Amanda and will do very well now that we’re back in the South.” He pointed to the car at the gate. “I’ll meet him at the door. Where do you want him?”

I thought a moment. “The Administrator’s Office is empty. Take him there, please.”

“Good enough.” Chet nodded and pressed the talk button. “Send him up.” He looked at me. “Is he a threat?”

“Not really,” I replied. “He was a prep-school, preppy guy with money who thinks he’s a playboy.” I gave a shrugging nod. “I don’t think he’s violent. But hey,” I jabbed his shoulder lightly. “You’re security. Secure!”

Chet stood and gave me a sloppy salute. “Roger that.”

I saw Chet meet Mark at the door. I really liked Chet, he was a sweetheart, but he took lessons from Ned on intimidation. That huge man who greeted Mark at the door was scary. No emotion or smile. I was watching from the office on the computer monitor. I watched Chet put Mark against the wall and frisk him, and Chet left no chance for Mark to sneak anything in anywhere. Shoes, socks, chest, pockets, ass, and crotch. Mark was a tall man, but not anywhere the size of Chet. Mark was a former high school quarterback and big, but Chet was at least three to four inches taller and sixty pounds heavier. That was all muscle for Chet. Then Chet took him by the neck of Mark’s coat and brought him down the hall to where I waited. Chet shoved Mark in.

“Mark Fritz, Mr. Mitchell,” Chet said gruffly. “He’s clean.” Mark was looking at me when Chet winked at me.

“Thanks, Chet.” I kept a straight face as I faced Mark. Mark smelled good, in fact, he looked like he was dressing to impress a date rather than coming here on business. I admit it, he was a damned good looking man in his mid-thirties. Black hair and brown eyes, chiseled features. I looked passively at him, I could see he was practically shaking he was so nervous.

“You’ve done a lot with the place.” Mark began.

I nodded. “Do you want a tour, or shall we talk about why you’re shitting bricks right now?”

Mark sighed and took a deep breath. “My father’s business partner took all the money from our business accounts and fled the country. There are tax frauds that have to be settled and if I don’t, I’ll go to prison.”

Believe it or not, I felt no satisfaction. Really, I felt nothing. “And?”

“Prison!” Mark bellowed. “I know what I did was wrong, but…”

“Are you talking about sleeping with my wife or the tax thing?” I asked a little irritated he couldn’t see that.

“Both.” Mark nodded. “The tax thing was not my doing, Bill, my father’s partner was taking care of that. For your wife…” he lowered his eyes. “I am sorry.”

My eyes narrowed. “Sorry? Because you got caught?”

Mark was now shaking more. “I am just sorry. I mean it. I was going around like I owned everything and all women wanted me. I slept with Susan…I knew it was wrong, but I didn’t care…”

“Nor did she,” I grumbled, but again, not as much anger here. I looked at Mark. “Mark, I’m not mad at you. I never really was but at her. I was mad that you would do that, but she had to agree. You just followed your peeker.”

“Prison!” Mark said. “I am desperate. I will give you anything if you’ll help me.” He quickly unfastened his belt and dropped his pants and underwear and turned around, showing his ass to me. I said he had a nice one and here it was. “You can have sex with me any time, I won’t object. Multiple times, hell, every day!”

This surprised me. “Why would you do this? You think a gay man couldn’t want more than just sex!? And how would my fucking you be a payment? Do you think you’re that important?”

He turned without pulling his pants up. “I don’t. I don’t know about gay guys, I don’t care. It’s what I have to offer. Money offers would be pointless for you. So, I can give you me. No, I’m not that important and no, fucking me would not cover the debt. But I am desperate. But I am willing to do whatever it takes! You can do it now! The fact is, if I don’t give it to you, I’ll go to prison and who knows who’ll take my ass there. I give it to you, at least I know you. I took a shower and cleaned as best I could. I don’t know what else…lube?”

I lost all anger for the man. All I felt was pity. He was willing to give himself to me. He was that desperate. Then I felt sorry for him. “Pull your pants up, Mark.” I said softly. “This idea was yours or Susan’s?”

Mark looked at me confused as he pulled his pants up. “Mine. Why Susan?”

I shrugged. “During an argument with her I told her I didn’t blame her, you had a nice ass.”

Mark frowned. “I haven’t seen Susan in months. She left my employment two months after you won. I bailed her out, she got the house…”

“You bailed her out!?” I stood, astonished at what he’d said. “You paid off the mortgage?”

“Sure,” Mark replied. “She said you found out about the affair she had with me and that was the reason you filed for divorce. It was the least I could do.”

I was a fool. I never checked on what she told me. “That sleazy…” I grumbled. Facing Mark I shook my head. “I did not file for divorce. She did, to be with you. I paid the mortgage after I won.”

Mark’s face looked startled. “She said you wouldn’t pay and filed for divorce.”

“I have the paperwork,” I explained. “She denied your affair until I told her I had pictures. She said you wouldn’t pay it.”

A look of sudden realization grew on his face. “I paid her in cash. She said I had cost her a billion dollars because you divorced her and had her sign that all you had was yours.” His mind was working. “And this was just about the time when Bill took the money and ran.”

More and more were coming into place in my mind. “We have been had, Mark,” I said picking the phone. Dialing Kyle quickly. “Hey, Kyle. We have a problem. It seems Mark Fritz is as much a victim as I am with Susan. We need to talk.”

“I knew it!” Kyle shouted in anger. “What’s she do now?”

“She had Mark give her money to pay the mortgage,” I said.

“Why? You paid it.”

“Exactly.” I nodded. “We need to know where she is…there is more. Mark’s father had a business partner who took the money out of the business accounts and skipped town. I’ll wager a million dollars she’s with him.”

“That bitch!!” Kyle spat. “I’ll be over in a couple of hours.”

“See you then.” I shook my head and hung up.

Mark looked a bit relieved, sort of. He was still in trouble. The taxes.

“I’ll need all the information as to what charges and how much is needed,” I said sighing. Now I really wasn’t blaming Mark, not much. “I’m making no promises, but I’ll see what can be done.” I walked around the desk. “I do blame you for having the affair, but knowing her…I am blaming you less than I was.”

Mark let out a long sigh as if he’d been holding his breath. “Thank you. It’s more than I deserve.”

“Damned straight.” I agreed. “Next time. Look before you put your dick in someone.” But my grin told him I was no longer angry.

He laughed, embarrassed. “Yes, I should have learned that.”

It was time to change the subject. “So, are you hungry?”

He looked surprised. “You’re inviting me for lunch?”

I shrugged. “Why not?”

“Thank you. I wasn’t hungry this morning, so…I’d love to.”

         

I showed Mark around, and he being in property management loved what we’d done.

“And you say it was a shambles!?” Mark marveled looking at the crown molding. “Wow, intricate work!”

“We can’t take responsibility for that.” I chuckled. “That was here before, all they did was sanding and refinish it.”

The backdoor opened, Rain and Lucky came in. Rain looked a little winded.

“Hi, Babe.” I greeted Rain, who kissed me without even looking at Mark to see if he objected. “I see you and Lucky are getting along.”

Rain grinned down at the little beagle. “Sure, we’ve been having a great time. He’s got a lot of energy.”

I scooped up Lucky. “Wearing Dad out?” Lucky just licked. I turned to Rain. “Rain, this is Mark Fritz.”

Rain froze as his hand was going out to shake Mark’s hand. “Mark Fritz?” He questioned. “You mean THE Mark Fritz?”

I nodded. “As in Susan and Mark, yes.”

“Really?” Rain asked, then took Mark’s hand. “Do I say it’s nice to meet you?”

“Mark, this is Rain Stevens. My fiancé.”

“Well, it’s nice to meet you.” Mark grinned shaking Rain’s hand.

I told Rain what I knew.

“That bitch.” Rain muttered.

“That about sums it up.” I agreed. “She’s far more devious than I originally gave her credit.”

“And Kyle was worried about me.” Rain muttered.

 

We found out that Susan had sold the house, not for its true value. So, she received a hundred and fifty thousand in cash from Mark, sold the house for ninety thousand and left with Mark Fritz’s money and Bill Hodgkins, Mark Fritz senior’s business partner. I found out what the charges were against Mark, and they were against the Fritz business, not Mark, but Mark was responsible. I bailed Mark out, paid the fines and got Mark acquitted. But I did buy in as Mark business partner, I owned forty-nine percent. I didn’t want the business, he remained in control and could run it. Mark, it turned out was a pretty nice guy. I had only met him a few times through Susan and her work with him. And he knew a thing or two about business and well as architecture and property management.

“What I don’t understand is,” Mark began. “How did she hook you into marrying her? You say now that you’re gay, so why marry a woman?”

I had wrestled with this for a few months. “You guys seem to think she’s nothing but a slut, and you may be right. But she is far more clever than you believe. She wove a story that made her a victim. Nothing is sexier to a guy…any guy…who sees a damsel in distress even for us gay men. And she worked her charms on you and your father’s old business partner.”

“What she saw,” Kyle said quietly, “was a guy who’d just lost his mother, the only heir, and money.”

I couldn’t argue that anymore. There was some comfort in the fact that I wasn’t the only one she double-crossed. “She never does the crime, so to speak. Mostly she gets others to do it for her. She was young when she married me. Then you, Mark and now Bill Hodgkins. She’s getting better at it.”

“And what she’s done so far, that we can prove, is unethical, but not illegal. She didn’t tell you that Eric had paid the mortgage, but she let you think he hadn’t. Then made you feel guilty so you would pay, too.” He shook his head. “His actions about the tax fraud are punishable, but technically he owned the money he took. We’ll let the authorities deal with that. I’m sure there are crimes she can be prosecuted for.” Kyle grimaced. “What’s up next?”

“Christmas?” Rain suggested.

“This will be a great party. Not like the others we’ve been to.” I stated.

“How so?” Kyle asked.

“This will be with people I know and like,” I said. “People I want to be there.” I looked at Mark. “Will you come?”

Mark looked a bit surprised but smiled. “Come to your party?”

“Absolutely.” I shrugged. “We’re business partners and hopefully friends soon.”

Mark nodded. “I think we already are friends.”

 

That night, as Rain and we settled down for the night. I hear a familiar whine. Looking down I saw Lucky, looking up at me, his tail wagging.

“Okay.” I grinned, got up and put him in bed with us.

“You’re gonna let him in bed!?” Rain gapped. “What if he pees?”

“We took him out an hour ago.” I shrugged. “And if he does, we’ll clean it up.” He still wasn’t convinced. “Lucky is a social creature and just a baby. Being with the other dogs of his pack is important.”

“The other dogs, you mean us.”

“We are.” I defended. “He doesn’t know we’re not dogs, but we are his pack, so?” Lucky went over to Rain curling up next to him. “See? He loves you.”

“Fine.” Rain said grudgingly. “But what if we feel like doing it? I’m not doing it with him in bed. I don’t even like it when he’s in the room.”

“Do what?” I asked convincingly.

Rain ignored that. “So, this pack includes Mark now?”

I raised an eyebrow. “He’s not a bad guy. He just didn’t use good judgment. Neither did I.”

“You’re very forgiving.” Rain admitted. Then he changed the subject again. “We’re going to be here a while, right?”

I nodded. “As far as I know.”

“There are some courses I want to take. I want to check on some colleges, is that okay?”

I was surprised. “You don’t have to ask me for permission, of course, it’s all right. This is what you want, isn’t it?”

Rain grinned. “For a year it’s been all about you. It’s odd to think of me.”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, for pete’s sake, I’ve included you in everything.” I grinned. “Is it my fault I got the numbers right? Is it my fault the Powerball people used that?”

“Yes.” Rain answered simply.

 

It was morning when it came up.

“I invited Lola to the party, but she said no.” Rain admitted as he sat down with cereal. Captain Crunch, of course. At least it was peanut butter Captain Crunch. “But she’s coming for the wedding.”

“Great!” I nodded at him.

“She was stunned that we were still together, but willing to come.”

I thought a moment. “What do you think she’d do if I offered her a day at the spa. Got her some clothes for the wedding?”

He shrugged. “She’s been what she is for so long, a day at the spa and clothes aren’t going to change her.”

I sighed. “I don’t want to change her, but I want her to feel welcome. Not embarrassed or uncomfortable.”

“She’s going to be.” Rain said. He motioned around him at our surroundings. “This will make her uncomfortable. All this.”

“I can’t change that.”

“The fact that she’s coming says a lot.” Rain smiled at me.

 

The party was great it was a formal party but everyone had a good time. Only Ned and Marcus couldn't make it. Ned apologized again and again promising he and Marcus were coming to the wedding. Then Christmas and back to New York.

It was toward the end of the party Karen walked up.

“Gentlemen.” She smiled holding a glass of champagne. “This has been one of the best years for the Superpowerball. Revenue worldwide has been more than we hoped. There were billions generated. And it’s all due to you two.”

Rain’s eyes widened. “But I wasn’t the Luckiest Man in the World.” He pointed to me. “He was.”

Karen shook her head. “Don’t sell yourself short, Rain. You had almost as many followers as Eric did. But the truth is, you two made the perfect couple.” She produced an envelope. “In fact, you have been requested, along with Eric to appear on a TV show.”

Grinning, I took the envelope. “Family Guy! American Dad?”

“What?” Rain looked confused.

“Seth McFarlane!” I shoved Rain gently. Then remembered. “Oh, you don’t watch much TV. He’s a genius. He created the characters for two animated shows…” I shook my head. “A very funny guy.”

“Cartoons.” Rain said.

I nodded. “Yeah, but adult cartoons.” I chuckled. “You have arrived if Seth is making fun of you.”

Rain nodded, but still not sure. “And he wants me?”

Karen nodded. “Of course. For the last year, the two of you have always been together. Naturally, he asked for you. Eric made a show of telling the world you were a pair, so it’s stuck.”

I nodded. “And we are engaged.”

Rain’s eyes twinkled. “That is so gay.”

I chuckled. “It don’t get much gayer!”

Again there were celebrities of all kinds, but at midnight, I was kissing who I needed to at the beginning of the new year.

 

 

After the New Year’s Eve Party, then back to Charleston.

Rain got accepted at the Citadel for day classes. Not as a cadet, but as a veteran. I went to work. Yes, work. It was my hotel now. I wasn’t here when Tom had done the refinishing or the construction. I wasn’t there when Bonnie Glenn was done. It was time I participated in my own life. And there were times when Tom and I did not see eye to eye.

“You can’t do that!” I protested. We were dealing with labor and that was hard to do when you’ve never done it before. “It’s not fair to Jim.”

“He’s being paid.” Tom shot back angrily. “It’s not that hard.”

“He’ll be getting off at eleven and coming back in the morning. Only eight hours off. That’s hard. You’re not figuring what he has to do at the end of his shift to clean up, that will be nearly an hour after eleven and the drive home and back.” I pointed out. “There has to be someone else you can have in the morning.”

“We don’t have the staff!”

“So hire some more!” I shouted back. I closed my eyes in order to calm down. Tom could be impossible. Sighing I took a moment. “I know you’re a great manager, Tom,” I said calmly. “And I know it seems I’m throwing money away, but I don’t want employees that dreading to come to work. Doing a schedule like this will cause them not to want to come to work. I’ve been there.”

“He’s in his twenties.” Tom protested.

“So what?” I countered. “You want to work him to death? We need to hire more.”

“Okay, but what will we do in the meantime?”

“We’ll switch Carrie to work the morning that day. But hire someone else.” I suggested. “I’m not having Jim hate me.”

“But Carrie doesn’t open well.” Tom objected.

"She'll learn, but she needs to be here to do that," I said.

He thought of something else. “Also, the chef has an objection.”

Of course he did. He objected to a lot of things. “What now?”

“He’s resisting the suggested menu change,” Tom admitted.

“Why?”

“Because it’s not what he’s done,” Tom answered.

“And?” I questioned. “I think a menu that more reflects Charleston is a great idea. They’ve made Southern cuisine fashionable at Blu.”

“Where?”

I rolled my eyes. “Blu, it’s the new restaurant at that new hotel on the beach. Folly Beach. They’ve made southern food gourmet. Are you saying Chris can’t do that?”

Tom shook his head. “I’m saying he won’t.”

“I’ll have to let him go.” I sighed. “We are in a city that has a famous for graduating some famous chefs I'm sure we can find one who won't be a mouse annoyed because I moved the cheese.”

Tom frowned. “What!? Moved the cheese?”

I waved him off. “It was part of a motivational film I saw. Who moved the cheese? It’s about people like Chris who get upset because someone changes things. We’ll find someone who will do it. The menu, that is.”

Tom nodded. He looked up at me, grinned. “So how are the wedding plans coming?”

I groaned shaking my head. “We can’t seem to come up with what we want. Marrying a man that’s not a fairy is a problem. And I’m not fairy enough, it seems.”

Tom’s eyes grew. “You two are gay, aren’t you?”

“We were this morning,” I grinned as I grumbled.

“Then what’s the problem?” Tom asked. “And what’s the difference between a gay man and a fairy?”

“Tons,” I said but seeing that Tom was not understanding. “Okay, you put two men together, side by side, one gay and other straight. Looking at them you wouldn’t know which is which. Both men are forehead beer can crushing, belching men until it comes to sex. That’s Rain and me. He has no tells. I don’t, do I?”

“Not until you told me you were checking out my ass.” Tom laughed a bit. Perfectly at ease with knowing I did.

“I didn’t make you uncomfortable with that, did I?”

Tom smirked. “Are you kidding? I took it as a compliment! My wife told me to thank you for confirming what she already knew. I’m a boob man myself.”

I grinned. “I know.”

“You know!? How?” Tom asked.

“I saw your wife and I’ve seen you check out women here.”

“So you check out every male ass that comes here.”

“Pretty much.” I shrugged. “For millions of years, we men were the hunters, trained to look in the hunt. So it’s not surprising we are addicted to porn.”

Tom laughed at that one.

“Hell, if I’m not pointing a guy out to Rain, he’s pointing them out to me!”

“Lisa does too!” Tom blurted laughing harder. “The boobs, not the ass of men.”

“I figured. So, I’m not obvious?” I asked for confirmation.

Tom’s brow furrowed as he considered it. “Not really. So Stewart in housekeeping?”

“Fairy.”

Tom nodded. “Got it.” He understood better. “So what are you going to do?”

“Hire a planner.” I shrugged. “I don’t know flowers except for roses. Rain doesn’t either. Then there are the invitations which need to go out soon and the caterer, decorations…party planning…”

“And what about the honeymoon?”

I sat down in a huff. “Neither of us want to go anywhere. We traveled the whole world on our one date.”

Tom chuckled. “I guess you did. One date?”

“We haven’t been apart since day one.” I shrugged. “Now he’s in school and well…I miss him.”

Tom shrugged. “You have the money. Why not rent a private island and stay there awhile?”

I grinned. “That’s not a bad idea.”

“Straight guys can be romantic.” He grinned.

 

Later I was playing with Lucky when Rain came home. Lucky was asking for his belly rub, which I was glad to give. I loved it that I found the spot that made his hind right leg jump and quiver. Almost every dog has one. I heard the front door open and shut.

“Who’s home?” Rain called out.

“Lucky and I are in here,” I called back.

Rain walked in, leaning down from where I had Lucky on the couch next to me. After kissing hello, he laughed. “Should I leave you two alone?”

I chuckled. “Nothing like a good belly rub.” I continued. “Would you like one?”

“I can use it.” Rain groaned raising his shirt for me to start.

His sigh and the way he sat told me what he didn’t. “Why do you need one?”

Rain raised a cautionary hand. “When I tell you, you let me handle it, don’t get involved.”

“Okay.” I didn’t like the sound of this.

“It’s one of my professors. While he’s not really done anything, but…” Rain began. “I can tell he just doesn’t like me.” He shook his head. “He’s not just unfriendly, there is borderline hostility. I’m trying to figure if it’s just because I’m gay and he doesn’t see fags in the military, or because I was with you and with the Powerball. I believe it’s all of that. He seems to believe I’m not serious about my degree.”

I sat back. “That’s fucking ridiculous.”

Rain again raised his hand. “I know, but this is my struggle. Not yours. You promised not to get involved.”

Lucky was being neglected and whined. “Later, Lucky,” I said off-handed.

“Now, about that belly rub.” Rain’s eyes glinted. “Why not rub something else?” He waggled his eyebrows.

I grinned. “Like what?”

Of course, that’s when his phone rang. Pulling it out of his pocket, he looked at the screen. “Lola?” He told me, knowing Lola never calls. “Hi, Lola.” But his face changed when he heard the voice. “Maxine?” He listened a moment. “When!?” He sat up quickly and I knew it was serious. He looked at me. “Lola’s had a heart attack.” That put chills down my spine. “Damn!” Rain cursed. “I’m on the way. Thanks, Maxine.” He didn’t look at me as he shut his phone off. “I’ve got to get a flight.”

“I’ll call Karen, we may need her help,” I said getting up and went for our house phone.

“I’ll pack.” Rain told me thinking as he left. “Damn, damn, damn…I knew this was going to happen.” He muttered as he climbed the stairs.

I called Karen because she had connections. My reign as the Luckiest Man in the World still held. There were no winners for the last Superpowerball.

“I’ll call a service I know,” Karen said moving quickly, I heard it on the phone. “I’d send you the plane, but you’d be halfway to California by the time the plane got there.” She explained. “I’ll call you back.” And she terminated the phone.

Upstairs Rain was throwing things in a suitcase. “She’s gotten old.” Rain complained as he went back to the dresser.

I listened. “She’s eighty-three.”

“And stubborn, pigheaded…” He bitched.

I went to him and stopped him. “We’ll deal with it, Rain. Tell me what Maxine told you.”

Rain sighed and sat on the bed. “She had a moderate heart attack. Not minor, but she’s not woken up yet. She may have to have surgery. Her chances are fifty-fifty.”

Sitting by him. “Not great odds, but not bad either.” I thought out loud. I need to call Chet. I looked at Rain. “She’ll get whatever she needs.”

Rain nodded. “I know.” He slumped against me. “Other than you, she’s the only family I’ve got.”

Karen had called a service in Atlanta, they were sending a plane to the Executive Airport on John’s Island. That was a small airport near the resorts like Kiawah and Seabrook, a lot of rich there. She had also gotten a helicopter to come and get us. I called Chet, who arranged two security men that would come with us. We were still being followed by the press. I spoke with Aunt Pearl and she took Lucky.

We had barely packed when I heard a helicopter overhead. The two security men came that were going to accompany us. They were new, so they were strangers that Chet gave a stern talking to before we left. They were not quite like Ned’s men, not size wise, but they looked tough enough if the need arose. It didn’t take long and we were airborne. The plane was an executive jet, but fast. We went to Eureka. It was evening by the time we got there.

It was evening by the time we got to the small community hospital. Rain all but ran down the hall to where Maxine was waiting. Maxine was a lady about fifteen years younger than Lola, she lit up when Rain approached. She smiled and rose when Rain got to her.

“They have her in surgery now, doing a temporary bypass,” Maxine explained. “She and I were out when it happened, thank god. I got her here as soon as we could. If not, she would have died.”

Rain nodded. “Well, thank god you were there. How long has she been in surgery?”

It wasn’t long. About two hours later the doctor came out in scrubs. He looked surprised when he saw Rain and me, but let it go.

“Your grandmother is in recovery.” The doctor said. “It’ll probably be tomorrow when she wakes up. We can talk about what to do next when she does. You may want to get some rest.”

That we did. We checked in to a nearby hotel and slept until the next day. The doctor was thrilled we lived in Charleston.

“The Medical University Hospital there has a wonderful Cardiac Unit. Some great doctors there. We can arrange for transfer as soon as she’s more stable.” The doctor said. Then he looked at me. “I was a bit startled to see you here. I hadn’t connected that her grandson was Rain. I guess money won’t be a problem.”

“You guessed right.” I smiled.

It was on day three of our stay when Lola woke up coherent.

“Rain!” She greeted weakly. “You didn’t have to come.”

Rain’s temper rose, but he suppressed it. “You’re family. Where else should I be?”

“Still with Eric, I hear,” Lola said.

“Yes, and still gonna marry him.” Rain added. “And you promised to be there.”

“I really didn’t think it would happen. You and Eric.” Lola admitted. “When I get out of here, we’ll see.”

“That’s just it, Lola. You’re being transferred to the Medical University in Charleston.”

Lola’s eyes widened. “I am not going to Charleston.”

Rain’s eyes narrowed. “Then I should hand you a gun so you get it over with?” Rain looked down hard. “Face it, Lola. You are eighty-three. You’ve slowed down and this…I’ll be fine shit isn’t working anymore. You need help. My life is in Charleston now. We can hire someone to look after you here, but I would prefer you there. You don’t have a lot of choices.”

“You want me to leave my home? My life?”

Rain frowned. “If I leave you here, you’ll die at home. Alone. I’ve trying to give you a life.”

“For what? One, maybe five years?”

“Why five?” Rain asked.

“That’s about all I have left.”

“You don’t know that.” Rain argued. “If I leave you here. You won’t have that.” Rain sighed. “The days of living alone and on your own are done. Or death. It’s your choice.” He shrugged. Then his face softened. “Let me help, please? Let me give you those five years, or ten, maybe twenty?”

Lola laughed. “Twenty? I don’t think so.”

“We’ve got the room.” Rain smiled.

Copyright © 2016 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 45
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I never had a Grandma but I knew my old Aunt and she was one formidable lady from Yorkshire ... Lola reminds me of her. Absolutely in love with these guys  ... Thank you!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I can sympathize with Rain, I was 5 years old when my granny died. That was in 1953 when we living in Surinam ( South America)  I remember the day she died. I’m 73 myself but that’s what I never forget.Your grandma is one of the important persons who are verry important.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..