Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Maverick Cattle Company - 9. Chapter 9

Darrin and Josh watched as the multicolored goats streamed from the stock trailer and into the small enclosure. Josh was excited, and worried, as he watched the alert animals move past them. His pestering about getting the goats had finally paid off. Mitch had actually been impressed with Josh's written proposal and he and Darrin had agreed to loan Josh the capital to get started. Once all the details had been worked out, Josh had put many miles on his pickup searching for the perfect animals to build his herd from. In addition, his hours of researching the breeds had made him choose to use Spanish Goats instead of the popular Boer breed. The Spanish goats had evolved in the region and Josh thought they would be more adapted to the environment of the ranch.

Darrin glanced at Josh and saw the look of concern on his face, but did nothing to lessen it. This was Josh's first business arrangement, and he should be a little concerned. But as Darrin watched the goats flow past them, he couldn't help but chuckle, at least to himself. These goats were exactly what Mitch didn't like. They were all colors, sizes and horn types. The horns alone made Darrin shake his head in disbelief. Who would have thought so many variations would exist for one breed of animals. As the last of the females streamed into the pen, Darrin heard the scuff of boots. Max turned and yapped softly as Mitch walked up behind them.

Mitch looked over the animals and let out a low sigh. But Darrin was glad that he at least didn't voice his opinion. Josh had presented his plan, Mitch had agreed to it, and, for now, Mitch had to live with the agreement they had. As Mitch and Darrin watched, Josh closed the first pen and then opened the second smaller enclosure for the males. When the shaggy bucks ran into the enclosure, Mitch covered his nose and moaned.

"God! Those smell terrible! Oh my god! What the hell is wrong with them," said Mitch as he waved his arm at the four animals.

"It's breeding season, they pee on their beards to make them more attractive to the females," explained Josh.

Darrin looked over the animals and started chuckling, which soon became rich laughter. Josh and Mitch both gave him with a questioning look. Eventually Darrin was able to speak, weakly waved his arm at Mitch and finally managed to gasp out.

"I think that's the same method some of the guys at the bars in Dallas were using to attract a mate too!"

Soon all three of them were laughing as the odoriferous bucks moved around their new home.

<><><><>

Darrin tossed his keys onto the table, pried off his boots and then sat down on the couch. He was tired of being a single parent and more than ready for Mitch to be home from his scouting trip. He understood the need to locate more stock, but Mitch had been gone for a week and Darrin was missing him quite a bit.

As he looked around the room, Mitch's stuff was everywhere and just brought up fond memories for Darrin. From his work boots left by the door, with spurs still on them, to the hats carefully displayed on handmade hooks around the room. It definitely looked like a man's room. Darrin had to laugh a little, because neither of them was given to frills and lace. You could almost sense the masculinity that was ground into their house.

As Darrin thought about Mitch and their lives together, he opened his shirt and let his hand roam over his chest. Darrin sighed as his fingers slipped through the hairs, sending shocks of pleasure through his system. He missed Mitch, and his nightly jackoff sessions hadn't been more than temporary relief. His body was again primed for release and in no time Darrin's nipples were hard and aching as he scraped over them with his fingernails. After a few passes over them, his cock was hard and making an obscene bulge in his pants.

Reaching one hand lower, Darrin grabbed his crotch and squeezed it hard while he ran his hand over his furry chest. Several long minutes slipped by as Darrin enjoyed the pleasurable feelings coursing through his body. Looking down, he saw a growing wet spot as the precum soaked through his pants. With a smile, Darrin opened his pants and pulled his hard cock out. Stroking its length slowly, Darrin twisted his nipple, causing a cascade of precum over his hand. After another slow stroke, Darrin released his steel hard cock and lifted his hand to his mouth and spit into it. Dropping his hand back down, he again stroked it slowly as his spit and precum melded.

Soon the build up of pleasure drove Darrin's hand faster, his hand a blur on his aching cock. He let his free hand slide lower, grabbing his balls and pulling them taut. Soon the rhythm of his pleasuring reached a crescendo and white cum shot from his slit. Darrin moaned, his muscles tensed as stream after stream of hot sperm splattered across his chest. As he striped the last drops from his softening cock, he slumped back against the couch.

After his breathing had returned to normal, Darrin grabbed his pants and carefully walked into the bedroom. Reaching under the bed he grabbed the small towel he'd been using all week and wiped the cum off his torso. As he finished he had to chuckle to himself at the cream colored stiffness of the towel, but knowing he could throw it into the pile of clothes Mitch would have, he tossed it back beside the bed. As he buttoned his shirt, he heard a faint yip. Remembering that Max hadn't been out of his kennel all morning, Darrin checked his watch. He realized there was just enough time to get to the airport, he decided to leave Max for Josh to deal with and rushed out of the house. As he pulled down the driveway he smiled in anticipation of seeing Mitch again.

Standing at the airport with the other families, Darrin was excited to see his husband again. He knew they had to keep the public displays to a minimum but it would be good just to give Mitch a hug. He scanned face after face as they came down the hallway, wondering how he could miss the cowboy hat topped stud who he loved.

Suddenly he heard a loud whoop and turned just in time to catch Mitch as he launched himself into Darrin arms. Locking his legs around Darrin, Mitch started covering his face with kisses. Darrin's face reddened as his husband unabashedly showered him with affection. Finally realizing that most of the other passengers were smiling indulgently, he relaxed and returned the kisses. After a few moments of mutual affection, Mitch released Darrin and jumped to the floor.

"I've missed you so much, babe!" said Mitch almost squealing.

"I've missed you too, Mitch. A whole lot!" said Darrin with a grin, "That was an enthusiastic greeting."

Mitch chuckled, "Yeah, I thought you could do with a PDA."

Darrin chuckled again and pulled Mitch by the arm. "Yeah, well let's get home and I'll give you a PDA, but it won't be a public display, it'll be a private display."

Mitch wiggled his eyebrows in anticipation and grinned back at Darrin. They both chuckled and went to get Mitch's bags. On the trip home they fell into an easy rhythm and talked about what had happened at the ranch, as well as what cattle Mitch had seen. The time passed quickly and soon they were pulling to a stop in front of their house. As they opened the door, Max flashed by with Josh running behind. They both chuckled as Josh paused and gasped for breath.

"Sorry! He's been tearing around your bedroom ever since I let him out and then just now he grabbed the towel that was on the floor and has been running like a maniac. I don't know what got into him!" said Josh in exasperation.

Mitch chuckled and then looked over at Darrin, only to see an odd look on his husband's face. As Josh took off after the dog again, Darrin ran to their bedroom. Within seconds Darrin was back and hissed at Mitch.

"Help me catch that damn dog!"

Mitch continued to chuckle. "Why? What up, babe."

Darrin turned bright red and looked to make sure Josh wasn't close. Leaning in he hissed out, "He has my cum towel, with a weeks worth on it!"

With that Mitch collapsed on the floor in laughter as Darrin gave him a look a pure disgust before taking out after Max. Never moving from the wall, Mitch was wiping tears of laughter from his eyes as he watched the three make round after round through the house. After several minutes of chasing, which included Max making vaults over Mitch on several occasions, he stopped beside Mitch's face, shook the towel, and dropped it. He looked at Mitch with a look of mirth on his face, cocked his head and then took off racing again as Darrin came barreling around the corner. Mitch waved the towel in the air, feeling the stiff crustiness under his hand and catching a whiff of its pungent aroma.

"I've got it," Mitch said with a smirk.

Darrin grabbed at it, but Mitch yanked it away and chuckled. "Oh no, big boy. I think this is worth something to Max and me, just as soon as I figure out what it is."

Darrin looked at him with a frustrated look and stalked off, with Mitch's laughter ringing in his ears.

<><><><>

Josh had parked his pickup in a remote corner of the ranch, under the shelter of a grove of towering cottonwoods. Looking for some down time, and maybe a little fun, Josh had talked Zach into the little outing. Sitting on the tailgate, they started out just catching up, discussing the various classes each of them were taking this semester. Josh was taking some of the courses Zach had taken the year before, so he was absorbing all the hints that Zach could provide. When the conversation reached a lull, Josh leaned over and kissed Zach on the cheek. Rocking back he smiled at the smaller man. Looking at Zach's pale complexion and spiked blond hair, Josh had to chuckle, if only to himself. If he were to describe how a stereotypical gay boy looked, Zach would not miss the mark by much. Realizing his silence was making Zach uncomfortable, Josh reached over and rubbed his hands over Zach's back.

"You look good today, Zach. Good enough to eat," said Josh and then jokingly snapped his teeth at the blond boy beside him. Zach scooted closer and then leaned against Josh. Josh could tell that Zach was still a little tense, but didn't know what he might be thinking.

"What's up? You seem a little down," said Josh.

"Nah, I'm fine. Just got a lot on my plate, I guess."

Josh curled himself downward, raking his teeth over Zach's tender neck. Zach responded with a soft moan and a shudder that ran through his body. Josh whispered with a slight edge, "I'll get you nice and relaxed. And you will be so full of me that you won't have time to worry about a full plate."

Zach stiffened further and started to sputter. "Here? But we're outside. And we don't have any cond—" Zach stopped, his litany of reasons broken when he realized that they didn't use condoms any more. With an audible gulp, Zach turned his head and looked at Josh.

"Yeah, I think . . . Yeah that would be fun. I think it would be kickass to do it out in the wild countryside."

Josh chuckled at his partners stammering and then thought about what he wanted. Josh thought the idea of fucking outside was hot, but he wasn't sure how Zach felt about it. Finally his hormones making the decision for him, he leaned over and gave Josh a passionate kiss as his hand caressed the inside of his thigh. Josh's hands drifted over his slender body, tugging Zach's t-shirt out of his pants and then running his hands over his skin. Zach's breathing quickened as his levels of passion shot through the stratosphere from Josh's soft touch.

Soon Josh had his hands inside the open front of Zach's jeans and was groping him hard while he fastened his teeth to Zach's neck. As his teeth sunk into Zach's alabaster skin, he slid his hand lower, piercing Zach's rectum with his finger and then sinking it deep inside his gut. Zach let out a high-pitched squeal of delight and immediately started rocking back and forth over Josh's finger. He grasped Josh's neck with both hands and was soon bouncing up and down on the finger as it explored him.

Josh was moving quickly, instinctually knowing that Zach's comfort with the outdoors was going to plummet once he had shot his load. With that knowledge, Josh slowly let his finger slip out, and grinned at Zach's accompanying moan of disappointment at his sudden emptiness. Josh quickly pulled off his own shirt and then opened his pants. His tight white underwear was stretched to their limit by his massive erection and a large translucent spot marked where the head of Josh's cock was pinned. Josh ran his hand over the length of his trapped cock, while Zach watched enrapt with the tableau before him.

Josh's nipples were rock hard and his cock was leaking like a faucet, much to Zach's delight. Once his ardor had reached a boiling point, Josh shoved down his underwear and released his fat cock, which arched upward and hit Josh's stomach with a resounding slap. With a look of lust on his face, Josh flipped Zach over and shoved his jeans down his thighs. Spreading his ass cheeks, Josh leaned in and rammed his tongue deep into Zach's pulsing hole.

"Ohgod! Fuck! Eat my ass, oh damnit eat my hole good!"

Josh pillaged Zach's ass, licking, sucking and biting him until his butt was swollen with desire. Zach had lost himself in the sex, behaving like a doe in rut. With grunts and sighs, he signaled that he was ready for his needs to be met. With a final swipe of his tongue, Josh lifted his head, planting soft kisses on Zach's ass cheeks.

Josh's breath was coming in gasps as the excitement of the moment washed over him. With his hard cock in his hand, he moved closer to Zach and rubbed his leaking cock over Zach's exposed crack. As the spit and precum mixed, Josh pushed forward, thrilled by the sensation of tight ass around his bare cock. With a steady push, Josh was soon buried deep inside Zach, his body twitching as he tried to not unload immediately in his lovers gut. With a slow pull backwards, he scraped the swollen head of his cock over Zach's prostrate.

"Oh fuck! Yeah! Hit it again! Damn that feels good!" squealed Zach.

With that, Josh released his inner animal and power fucked Zach. Taken to the limit of his youthful endurance, he pounded the smaller boy below him. The increased sensitivity from fucking bareback was not helping Josh's staying power, but he really didn't think Zach cared, since he was a writhing pile of boy sex under him. Suddenly Zach screamed and started shooting cum over the pickup bed. His slender cock erupted with volcanic force and volume. His ass clamped around Josh's dick as his orgasm sent him into delirium.

Driving past the edge of desire, Josh rammed himself in deep and held Zach tight as his body shook. With a final growl of release, Josh's cock started pumping Zach full of man cream. His body spasmed and twitched as the contents of his nuts pumped into Zach's gut. Over and over he shot as Josh experienced the biggest orgasm of his life. But eventually his body exhausted his supply of semen.

Wrapping his arms around Zach, he held the smaller man for a few moments, until Zach wiggled out of his arms and turned to look at him. Instead of the look of contentment he expected, Josh saw a mix of discomfort and disgust on Zach's pale face. Finally he took a deep breath and asked.

"What's wrong, Zach?"

"I gotta . . . oh god I'm so full and its leaking. Oh god Josh what do I do?"

Josh could tell the panic was setting in while he tried to decode Zach's cryptic explanation. Finally he realized that his semen was having the effect of an enema on Zach.

"I can take you back to the house. Come on!" said Josh as he started to get out of the pickup.

"No! I can't make it! Oh god Josh, whatda I do?" said Zach almost in tears.

Josh scanned around them, trying to find a spot where Zach would eliminate his problem. He motioned to a cluster of cedars. "There, go in the cedar trees. No one can see you in there."

Zach grabbed his pants and waddled to the trees. Soon sounds that could only be described as 'wet' were erupting from the trees, while Josh tried not to laugh out loud. He did shake his head in disbelief as he fished the roll of toilet paper from behind the pickup seat, knowing it was going to be requested soon. Josh had to wonder what other quirks Zach had in store for him.

<><><><>

Darrin hung up the phone and after a long silence Mitch turned to look at him. "What's wrong, babe? You don't look good."

Darrin paused for a few minutes, obviously trying to bring his thoughts together. Mitch waited, allowing Darrin the time he sometimes needed. After several minutes, Darrin started. "It was my sister, she and Mom want to come visit and see the ranch." He paused for a minute, obviously in shock, and then continued, "They said they wanted to come, get to spend more time with you . . . and meet Josh. I'm not sure about this, babe. You know how they are. Do you think Josh can deal with them?"

Mitch chuckled slightly. "I think Josh can deal with them better than you can. He's told off his dad, most of the town and talked us into letting him get goats. I think he'll be fine."

Darrin shook his head, the slightly sad look never leaving it. "I know, I just worry about him. He's had a rough life."

"We've all had rough lives at some point. Josh is almost 20 and he's doing fine. Better than either of us at that age. You decide if you want them to come, don't use Josh as your excuse."

Darrin sat still for several minutes as he considered Mitch's comments. Eventually he sighed, smiled slightly, and nodded his head. "Yeah, I hate to admit it, but you're right. They can come and be nice or I'll let Josh give them one of his speeches!"

Mitch chuckled and motioned Darrin over to sit beside him on the couch. They cuddled against each other in the cool winter evening as they flipped through television channels, with Mitch making cracks about various shows. Darrin laughed at his husband and took away the remote, changing it to one of the cooking shows and then laid on the couch, resting his head in Mitch's lap and pulled a blanket down from the back of the sofa over both of them. Mitch soon reached down and lightly caressed his face and then let his hand rest over his chest. Both men looked very content, and extremely happy in that moment in time.

<><><><>

Darrin was busy scrubbing the counters for the 12th time while Mitch was working at the computer. Mitch had warned Darrin several times that he was going to rub the color off the counters if he didn't quit. But ever since his mother and sister had called to say they were coming, he'd been a maniac about cleaning everything. Josh had even taken to closing his bedroom door so Darrin couldn't see in his room. The obsessive behavior was starting to get to both Josh and Mitch. Everyone would be happier when the two women finally arrived tomorrow.

Suddenly Mitch let out a whoop of delight that made Darrin jump and emit a most unmasculine sound. Josh even opened his bedroom door to see what was going on. Darrin tossed his cloth into the sink and walked over to see what had gotten the huge reaction from Mitch. As he got closer, Mitch looked over at him and grinned,

"Sam and Gordy are coming through and wanted to know if they could stop in and catch up. I told 'em, hell yes!"

An honest, warm smile broke out on Darrin's face for the first time since he'd gotten the news that his family was coming to visit. He missed the time the two couples had with each other and was thrilled they were coming for a visit. As he leaned against Mitch and reminisced, Josh wandered into the room. Glancing over Mitch's shoulder, Josh asked,

"Who's Sam and Gordon?"

"Not Gordon, Gordy" said Darrin. "Although, I guess it could be short for Gordon, I never heard anyone call him anything but Gordy." Darrin sat smiling for a few minutes and then realizing he had not answered Josh's question he continued;"They're good friends from college. Gordy is another ag major and has a job in Colorado. He's basically a genius. Sam is his husband and is a computer jock. A really good one too, he kept our crappy old computers running through grad school. They're the friends who we've met a few times in Wichita Falls. They're a great couple. It'll be nice to see them again."

"They said they had a surprise for us too. But when I asked what it was, Sam said if he told us, then it wasn't a surprise," said Mitch with a laugh.

"Yeah, that sounds like Sam. Gordy wouldn't have been able to keep the secret," said Darrin with a smile. Suddenly a thought came to him and he turned to Mitch. "They aren't coming at the same time as my family are they?"

Mitch waved him down with a smirk on his face. "No, no. Calm yourself down. Your mother and sister will be long gone before they show up. I think they are going to see Sam's family over Christmas break and that's when they are stopping to see us."

Darrin let out a sigh of relief. "Good, I really want to see them. But I don't want to have to deal with more than just my mother and sister when they're here." As Josh turned to go back into his room, Darrin caught sight of the game controller in his hand. "Josh, how are the classes going? You haven't said much about how you're doing."

"It's fine. I'm about to start on the homework. It's pretty simple stuff you know," said Josh. But Darrin was not convinced when he darted immediately back into his room instead of his typical habit of talking things to death. Catching Mitch's eyes, he gave a questioning look. Mitch lifted an eyebrow and shrugged his shoulders before going back to working on the computer.

<><><><>

Darrin sat quietly in his chair as a large beige sedan wound its way up their driveway. He knew it had to be his mother, that car was definitely her style. Darrin just couldn't bring himself to push out of the chair to greet his mother. They were staying several days, and they weren't even staying at the ranch since the guesthouse only had the one bed. But Darrin was concerned about what they might do or say in front of Josh. He knew that Mitch thought Josh could deal with her, but Darrin wasn't so sure. As the car slowed in front of the house, he heard a pair of staccato rhythms from cowboy boots as Josh and Mitch came from the bedrooms to greet the visitors. Mitch stopped in the kitchen and motioned to him.

"Come on, babe. They're here," said Mitch.

"I know. I'm coming . . ." said Darrin with some hesitancy. When he realized that Josh was already outside, he quickly pulled on his boots and trotted toward the door. As he went through the door, he saw Josh opening the car door for his mother. Darrin's jaw dropped open in shock and apprehension as Josh wrapped his arms around Darrin's mother and gave her a warm hug. As his sister walked around the car, Josh repeated his performance with her too.

Distantly he realized that Mitch had joined Josh and was shaking hands and giving out additional hugs while the group slowly made its way to the porch. As they moved close, his mother looked up and held out her arms.

"Do you have a hug for your mother?"

Darrin quickly stepped down and took his mother in his arms, giving her a gentle embrace. Stepping away from her, he felt a set of arms wrap around him as his sister held him for several long seconds. When she released him, Darrin gave her a glancing kiss on the forehead. Motioning everyone to precede him into the house, Darrin felt some of the tension that he'd been carrying evaporate.

As the group settled in the living room, Darrin got out glasses and started preparing some drinks and snacks. As he was loading the tray of glasses, he heard a piercing squeal come from the living room. Spinning around to see what was happening, he knocked off a couple of glasses. With the sound of glass shattering receding, he looked to see what had gone wrong. To his shock, Josh was kneeling in front of his mother, who was lavishing Max with attention. Darrin stood in the spreading cherry lemonade, watching in shock as his mother and Josh talked about the little Border Collie. Darrin heard the crunch of glass underfoot as someone walked into the kitchen with him. Pivoting his head, he saw his sister, Dana, moving closer to him.

"I thought Mother hated dogs," said Darrin in disbelief.

Dana chuckled and shook her head. "No, Mom loves dogs. At least she does now. The only dog she really didn't like was that little poodle that her hairdresser had, the one she called a 'yap dog'."

"Well that dog was a pain," said Darrin with a chuckle. "But she's really excited about Josh's dog. I don't ever remember her getting that excited about us!"

Dana chuckled and laid her arm across Darrin's waist. "Mom has changed a lot since Dad died. I think some of the things that she did, were caused by him. I don't think it was a marriage based on love, and I'm not sure that Dad didn't abuse Mom too. I know that since he died she has changed, more and more all the time. But regardless of that, I know that there were a lot of things that Dad screwed up for me. Like my relationship with my little brother."

Darrin looked at his sister and smile, giving her a little sideways hug before dropping his arm and looking at the floor. "Well I guess I need to clean this mess up. Otherwise Max might get hurt and then I'd be disowned . . .again."

"No chance of that. But where's your mop. I'll help you get it back to its polished perfection. You know, you should relax about how your house looks or you're going to give yourself an ulcer."

Darrin stared at his sister with opened mouth astonishment as she started picking up the larger shards of glass. Moving to get a mop and broom, he was astonished at how much his family had changed in the last few years.

After the cleanup, and the excitement caused by Max, they spent a quiet afternoon talking. Darrin was surprised that Josh chose to join in the conversation, and seemed to be getting along very well with his mother. As the afternoon moved into evening, Darrin started making supper, and Josh moved to help. As they were preparing the meal, Darrin gave Josh a sideways glance and saw a slight smile on his face.

"So, you seem to be getting along really well with my Mom," said Darrin quietly.

"Yeah, she's a nice lady. And Max likes her a lot, you know what they say, you can't fool a dog," replied Josh. "Besides, my grandmothers are both gone. I'm the youngest of the cousins so I never got to know them very well."

Darrin looked at Josh, recalling how far he had came since he had come to live with them and smiled broadly. "That's true, you can't fool a dog."

After supper the whole group was relaxing in the living room. As Mitch sighed softly over his too full stomach, Darrin's mom piped up.

"Well I need a tour! Someone needs to show me around this ranch my son and his husband own."

Before anyone else could offer, Josh chimed in "I'll show you around, Mrs. Anderson."

"Please, Call me Granma Diane, Josh."

Darrin's jaw dropped to the floor with both Mitch and Dana chuckling at the expression on his face as his mother grabbed Josh's forearm and let him escort her out of the house. As the shock wore off Darrin and he slowly followed the rest out the door, he found Mitch waiting on him.

"I told you Josh would charm your mother," said Mitch with a smirk.

"You'll excuse me if I just stand here in shock for a few minutes," said Darrin.

Mitch laughed and wrapped his arm around Darrin, holding him close as Dana walked up and hugged him from the other side. "Sometimes people can change, Darrin. Sometimes they really can," said Dana softly as she moved to follow the other pair.

Darrin tilted his head toward Mitch and with a knowing look said "Yes, sometimes people really can change."

The small group threaded their way through the buildings and corrals with Josh providing a running commentary for everything. Diane seemed properly impressed as they wandered through. Eventually they arrived at the goats, which Josh had purposely kept until last. He launched into a detailed explanation of the plans he had, why he'd chosen this breed and summary of the business plan for them. Diane listened carefully through Josh's explanation and when he finished, she leaned over to Josh and whispered,

"Next time come to Granma for the money. I won't charge you interest."

Mitch and Dana started laughing, and Darrin stood in stunned amazement. This was not the person who raised him; this was an old person trying to get into heaven. Actually he was starting to believe that his father really had been a huge influence and now she was starting to come out of it. After a few moments, the astonished feeling receded and Darrin started laughing along with the other two as his mother started telling stories about her experiences with goats when she was growing up. These were tales Darrin had never heard, and they soon had everyone laughing.

As they walked back to the house, the night was slipping around them and dimming the familiar shapes. Once they'd made it back to the porch, the two women made their apologies, but said they needed to find their hotel and relax for the evening. Heart felt hugs and kisses were exchanged, and the guys stood on the porch and watch as the taillights of the car disappeared down the road.

Mitch took Darrin by the hand and led him back into the house. Josh and Max squirted past them and sequestered themselves in Josh's room, leaving Darrin and Mitch with the house to themselves. Mitch kissed Darrin softly on the cheek and pulled him against his chest.

"So, was it better than you imagined?" asked Mitch.

Darrin let out a snort, "Oh, hell yes! That was not my mother, I don't know how but a doppelgänger filled in for her."

Mitch chuckled and kissed Darrin again, just enjoying the intimacy. "She was much better, wasn't she? She didn't once ask 'how the gays' would do something."

Darrin chuckled and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but they're going to be here for a few days. Lets see how we're doing at the end."

Mitch nodded in agreement as they headed to their bedroom for a well-deserved night of sleep.

<><><><>

Everyone enjoyed an amicable time together that was marking the final day of the visit from Darrin's family. They had enjoyed a remarkably enjoyable stint, and no gaffs on either side. Josh and Diane had formed as amazing bond, and both seemed thrilled by the grandparent/grandson role they were developing. Darrin and Mitch had dwindled down in their conversation with Dana and were just listening when suddenly the conversation took an unexpected turn.

"So, Josh. Is there anyone special in your life?" asked Diane innocently.

Darrin and Mitch both tensed, wondering where this conversation was going. As Josh replied honestly and told her about Tony and Zach, they became more and more tense. Both were worried that this would be the point where Diane fell back to her old ways and did something that hurt Josh. As Josh wound down his story, both Darrin and Mitch were anxious and prepared to defend Josh.

Diane smiled once Josh finished and reached out and patted his cheek. "Well follow your heart, sometimes it knows what you need more than your brain. I can tell you from personal experience that it's not good if you are with someone for any reason other than love."

Both men spiraled into disbelief at the amazingly supportive response. After that revelation, they helped Diane and Dana to their car, and another round of affection was administered. Darrin wished his family safe travel and then stood with Mitch and Josh until the car was no longer visible. Josh looked back at them and patted Darrin on the shoulder as he walked back into the house.

"You guys need to relax. She's a very nice lady," said Josh.

<><><><>

Darrin and Mitch were enjoying a quiet night with a fire lit in the living room fireplace. Darrin was curled up on the couch with his head resting on Mitch's lap. They were both glad the family visit was over and were looking forward to Sam and Gordy's arrival later in the week. Josh was off on a late night study session with some of the other people from his intro class, which left the guys home with rare quiet time to enjoy. Darrin was relaxing with a book to read just for fun and Mitch was poring through the latest ranching magazine he'd gotten.

The evening stretched out in a wonderfully relaxing manner, with the pair making popcorn over the fire and having it with hot chocolate, spiked with a touch of tequila. Eventually they were feeling very mellow and turned off the lights to enjoy the peace that was surrounding them. They talked about inconsequential things and basked in each other's presence. Eventually they pulled quilts and blankets into the floor, creating a warm nest in front of the toasty fire.

The tequila-laced chocolate had them both feeling gently romantic and they lost their clothing one piece at a time until they were nude with the fire glistening off their bare skin. When Mitch extracted himself from the warmth to throw more wood on the fire, Darrin stared openly as the muscles of Mitch's body flexed and rippled and the yellow and orange light created an otherworldly halo around him. Darrin chuckled as he watched Mitch scamper back to their nest and the warmth that Darrin had protected.

Mitch cuddled against Darrin, earning a small yelp from Darrin as his chilled body came against him. Turning slightly, Darrin gave Mitch a soft kiss.

"This is really nice, babe. I love cuddling with you like this," said Darrin.

"It is nice. Your body turns me on so much."

Darrin twisted and wrapped his arms around Mitch. They relaxed, holding each other in their arms as they kissed softly. Their hands caressed each other backs and asses, the hair on Mitch's ass cheeks rippling under Darrin's fingers. Mitch ran his fingers over Darrin's face, enjoying the wiry stiffness of his goatee. Turning Darrin's head, Mitch blew lightly in his ear, and was rewarded with a soft moan.

"Oh man, that makes me so horny, babe," said Darrin with a sigh.

Mitch chuckled and blew again gently and then whispered, "That was the general idea."

Mitch gently turned Darrin so they were spooned with Mitch chest rubbing against Darrin's back. Mitch ran his hands down Darrin's chest and then let his fingers comb through his pubic hair. Gripping his balls gently, he stretched them in his hands and enjoyed the soft moan from Darrin. His hard cock burrowed between Darrin's legs as Mitch caressed him for many long minutes. Kissing down Darrin's neck, Mitch took his husband's hard cock in his fist and slowly stroked it as he nibbled at Darrin's neck. The warmth of the fire, and their relaxed position, helped create a wonderful slow and gentle lovemaking session for the couple.

But eventually both men wanted more. Mitch reached up and grabbed a small bottle of lube he had stashed there. Squeezing a good amount on his fingers, he lowered his hand and quickly coated Darrin's crack and ass. Mitch slowly slipped two fingers in Darrin's now slick hole and luxuriated in slowly finger fucking his husband. Darrin was pushing back against Mitch's fingers, small sounds escaping from him as the fingers slipped deeper and deeper into his gut. As Darrin's mews of pleasure built, Mitch added a third finger and soon had Darrin gasping with need.

Mitch pushed Darrin's top leg forward, exposing his hole to Mitch's exploration. After a few more slow thrusts of his fingers, both men were ready for the real thing. Mitch positioned his cock against Darrin's well-opened ass and slowly slid deep inside him. With his hands continuing to caress and fondle Darrin, Mitch started to slow fuck him. Requiring little effort from either of them, the gentle thrusts were building a heat in each of them that was wonderful. The tides of their passion built and ebbed as time passed during their lovemaking. Mitch's skin was awash with sensations as they caressed each other.

Even at their slow pace, the edging eventually sent them over the top. Mitch grunted loudly and buried himself deep in Darrin as he started unloading. His body convulsed as the tremors of orgasm rolled over him continually. His cock shot deep inside Darrin, squirting until the excess was oozing out around Mitch's still hard cock. Mitch slid his hands around Darrin's torso and wrapped them around Darrin's cock. As he began stroking Darrin's manhood, his husband began to whimper with the need for release.

With only a few slow strokes, Darrin let out a loud groan and his hole gripped tight around Mitch's dick. Mitch slid his hand up and drove his thumb against the underside of Darrin's cock head. The added sensation drove Darrin over the edge.

"Oh, oh, fuck! Yes, here it comes!" Darrin groaned through the climax.

Darrin's cock started heaving, hurling thick strands of cum over his body and the bedding. His orgasm continued until he was covered with white strands of cum. With a final small ejaculation, Darrin groaned and moved back against Mitch. Mitch wrapped his arms around Darrin and pulled him tight. Darrin's warm cum slid under his hands as he enjoyed the sensation of chest hair matting with semen. The fireplace was burning lower and the reflection of the hot coals over Darrin's wet chest was incredibly attractive to Mitch. Leaning in, he kissed Darrin on the cheek.

"You are so fuck'n hot. I don't ever want to think about my life without you," said Mitch tenderly.

"Don't worry about it, handsome. We have the rest of our lives to enjoy each other," replied Darrin with a smile.

The two cuddled together for a few more minutes, until Mitch's cock softened and slipped out of Darrin's well-used butt. With a sigh, Darrin turned his head to Mitch and kissed him softly. "I think we better clean up. It's after midnight and Josh could be home anytime."

"Yeah, unfortunately you're right," said Mitch as he climbed to his feet. "Let's grab the bedding and throw it in the bedroom. I think we need a shower before we do anything else."

Darrin laughed and ran his hand over his chest and it's hardening crust of jizz. "Yeah, and soon. Before this shit dries any more and gets even harder to get off"

Mitch gave a laugh of agreement, and then grabbed an armful of blankets, snagged Darrin's wrist and headed for the bedroom.

<><><><>

Darrin had been eagerly waiting for Sam and Gordy's arrival for weeks now. They had finally agreed to spend the night at the ranch after much badgering from Darrin, who was pulling out all the stops in preparing for them. The first night he was cooking huge T-bone steaks in honor of their night out on the town after he had passed his orals, marking a critical hurtle to finishing his doctorate degree. Over the last year Darrin and Mitch had done a few improvements to the house as they could afford it. One of the changes that Darrin was very pleased with right now was a new high-end stove with a built in grill. In addition, they had pecan pie and brownies from the café and Darrin was preparing all the things that he could remember the two of them liking.

The incredible amount of work Darrin had invested in the meal resulted in his typical over-abundance of food. Checking the marinating steak for the 20th time, he looked at his watch to calculate when each item had to go in so it would be ready when they arrived. Finally satisfied with all the preparations, he opened the fridge and decided he was going to indulge in one of the imported beers he'd bought for the occasion. As he cracked open the beer, he heard the door open as Josh and Mitch came inside after finishing the last of the mid-winter chores. Sipping the beer, he walked out and watched as the two men stripped off layer after layer of clothing until they again resembled humans.

Darrin chuckled when Mitch gave his beer a forlorn look, and then handed it over to Mitch, who promptly took a huge swig.

"Come on you two, you both stink. Go get a shower. They're going to be here soon!" said Darrin.

Mitch turned with an innocent look and started. "But I thought you l—"

Darrin slapped a hand over Mitch's mouth while Josh walked off snickering. Turning Mitch without ever releasing his mouth, he swatted his ass and pushed him toward the bedroom. "No talking, go."

Darrin soon heard water running in both bathrooms and did the final preparations for the evening. Josh came back in first, in new jeans and a pressed shirt, looking particularly good. "Is Zach coming tonight?" asked Darrin.

"No, he said he's working on a final project with one of the other guys in the class. So he can't make it."

"Oh, ok," said Darrin, "And how are your classes going?"

"Fine. Just fine," said Josh quickly. Glancing out the door he saw his reprieve. "I think your friends are here."

Darrin glanced out the window and saw that Josh was right, Gordy and Sam had arrived. "Hey Mitch! They're here!" shouted Darrin as he headed for the door. Pulling on a heavy coat and a pair of work boots, he went to meet their friends. Darrin had to smile as he watched Gordy uncoil his large, ex-linebacker frame from behind the wheel of their car while Sam was fussing with something in the back seat.

As Darrin walked out on the porch he froze in place when he heard a very foreign noise wafting through the air, the sound of a baby crying. After a moment, Darrin realized it was coming from the car, and he stared intently at their friends. Darrin watched in disbelief as the two men maneuvered into the back seat, each emerging with a small, tightly bundled object cradled in their arms. Darrin felt Josh rush past him to help and watched as he took the bags from Gordy and Sam and helped them to the door. Once they reached the porch, there was a madcap scramble for a few seconds as everyone tried to get through the doorway.

Darrin motioned them to the living room, still in shock over the revelation of babies. He watched silently as the two men unwrapped their precious packages and were soon holding two writhing toddlers in their arms. The two children were squirming to be put down, and Darrin was able to do little more than just stare. Max came walking into the room and immediately joined the group and started sniffing the newcomers, to the delight of the kids. Darrin was relieved to hear Mitch opening the bedroom door. Looking up as Mitch walked in, toweling his hair, he grinned when his normally caviler husband froze at the sight of the kids.

"Holy fuck!" spouted Mitch without thinking. But before either father could scold him about the gaff, he turned red and was apologizing profusely. "Oh cr—, I mean shoot. I'm sorry I didn't mean to fu— Mess up." Mitch took a deep breath and then looked at Sam and Gordy. "So, I guess you're dad's now."

Mitch's stumbling entry loosened everyone up as the laughter filled the room. Soon the two kids were in a pile with Max, under Josh's careful supervision, and the two couples were catching up.

"So why didn't you tell us you were having kids? They look so cute, how did you . . ." said Darrin, wanting to know but not wanting to intrude on a private family matter.

Gordy chuckled and started to explain. "We'd talked about it for the last couple of years of college. Both of us wanted kids, but we weren't sure how good we would be at being parents. I mean, we both had friends in high school and college that knocked up a girl, and none of those worked out very well for anyone involved." Gordy looked at Sam, who nodded almost imperceptibly. "But then we were talking about it with Sam's sisters, and his baby sister offered to donate the eggs. It was a huge step for everyone, and at first Sam's family was furious and threatened all kinds of crap if we went through with it. But Susan can be very determined when she sets her mind to it, and before too long the family realized that it was not something perverted, that I wasn't going to have sex with Sam's sister." Gordy shuttered dramatically and made a look of disgust, to everyone's amusement. "So then it was just a matter of finding a surrogate mother and waiting the nine months for the little darlings to hatch."

Darrin looked at the two little strawberry blond toddlers. "So they are . . ."

"Part of both of us, literally. My sperm fertilized Sam's sisters eggs." Gordy look at Darrin in amusement. "Surely the red hair was a tiny bit of a clue. I mean, you have had genetics classes, actually I seem to remember that you teach it at the place called a university."

Mitch and Josh chuckled as Darrin put a scowl on his face. But after a few seconds he too was laughing and watching the two children who were now exploring Max's face with their pudgy little fingers. "Ok, at the risk of getting made fun of again, two girls, two boys, one of each?"

"Two boys. For some odd reason they seem to be off the top of the scale for growth rate for eight month old boys too. Go figure. They're just starting to crawl and pull themselves up. They take after their dad," laughed the former college linebacker.

"Which dad?" asked Mitch with a chuckle.

Gordy gave a rich laugh. "I'll leave that for you to work out."

The conversation continued in their typical friendly manner for the rest of the evening. The twins played with Max until all three of them were exhausted, and had fallen asleep. Josh had helped Sam bring in the kid's things as everyone started to wind down. The guys suddenly realized the plans they had for the couple wouldn't work any longer.

Mitch started, "Ah guys, we were going to give you the guest house, but it started life as the house for the hired help, and isn't big enough for all four of you."

"Don't worry about it, Mitch," said Sam, "We'll go get a hotel room for the night. It's not a big deal."

"Nonsense!" said Darrin, "Leave the kids with us, they're already asleep after wrestling with Max all night. Then you guys can have the other house. I'm sure you wouldn't mind a night of quiet for a change."

Gordy looked at Sam, and shrugged his shoulders. After resisting for a few seconds, Sam's shoulders slumped. "Ok, if you're sure," said Sam. "Actually, we haven't had a night away from the twins since they were born."

"Then it's settled! You guy's get a dad's night off, and we can take care of two little boys."

Gordy beamed at Sam and the two thankfully accepted the gift. Darrin and Mitch reassured them continually as they gave the three adults the toddler's schedule. Finally, with promises to wake them if they needed help, the two grabbed their bags and hurried across the driveway to the guesthouse. Darrin watched out the window until the couple had gotten inside safely and then turned back to Mitch and Josh. With a smile on his face he laughed and said to Mitch, "This will be a cakewalk! What could two little babies do?"

<><><><>

Gordy and Sam stood in the small house, staring at each other with looks of disbelief. Darrin and Mitch had no idea what a gift they had given the pair. They loved their kids dearly, but the day after day with little privacy and no energy was starting to take it's toll on them. They quickly looked through the tiny house, realizing it wasn't much larger than a small apartment, but thrilled that they were able to have it to themselves, even for just one night. They carefully placed the bags in the bedroom and then moved back to checkout the kitchen. Darrin had said they had stocked it for the couple, but they were shocked to see everything they'd ever mentioned that they liked in the way of food. Gordy spied a can of whipped cream, grabbed it from the fridge and leered at Sam.

"I don't know about you, but I'm suddenly not tired at all!"

Sam laughed and put his hand on his muscular husbands chest. "Given the choice between sex and sleep, I know which one you would pick every time. But I'm grimy and need a shower, and so you do. Why don't we rinse off real quick and then see what we feel like doing."

Without a word Gordy lowered his over six-foot frame and picked up Sam, carrying him into the bathroom. Sitting him down on the counter, he started undressing his husband, an urgency to his touch as the weeks of abstinence partially drove his actions. Looking at Sam in the bright bathroom light, he ran his hand over the red scruff on Sam's face. As he combed his fingers through Sam's hair, letting it drift through his fingers, Sam moaned softly, missing Gordy's strong touch.

Gordy continued undressing Sam, loving the sight of his pale translucent skin each time like it was the first time he'd seen it. Soon he had stripped Sam, except for a tight pair of low-rise briefs that barely covered the hard cock that was obviously trying to escape. Jumping to the floor, Sam started returning the sensual undressing as he stripped Gordy. His hands were even more demanding than Gordy's as he moved down his husband's smooth chest. He took his nipple in his mouth and bit down hard, causing Gordy to gasp as the pain and pleasure coursed through his body. Once he had worked each nipple into a hard, red nub, Sam reached lower and unfastened Gordy's pants. Even though his husband towered over him, Sam was obviously the one in charge. He soon had Gordy nude, his legs spread as wide as possible while his torso was braced against the bathroom counter. Sam always found it sexy that Gordy was largely hairless on his torso, but his legs and ass were a forest of masculine hair. Sam pulled out his rampantly hard cock and rubbed it against Gordy's exposed hole. He slid back his long foreskin, precum pouring from it and onto Gordy's ass crack.

Sam rubbed his cock up and down Gordy's crack, coating it with thick fluid. Moving closer he sunk two fingers into Gordy's butt, which sucked them deep inside. As he forcefully finger fucked his man, Sam started slapping Gordy's ass, leaving a vivid red mark with each slap. Sam judged carefully, knowing that he could drive Gordy to cum with just this. So once Gordy's ass was cherry red, he turned on the shower, filling the small room with steam. He pulled Gordy to him and kissed him hard.

"Come on, stud. Let's get cleaned up."

They climbed into the small shower together and Sam squirted shower gel into his palm. He gently washed Gordy, carefully cleaning every millimeter of hot body. As he moved to his ass, Sam let his soapy finger dip into Gordy's hole. Rubbing it in circles soon had Gordy moaning and his cock twitching in anticipation. Sam squatted in the shower and washed down Gordy's legs and feet, enjoying the rough texture of his hairy legs. Sam had always loved heavily muscled men and Gordy certainly fulfilled that requirement. He let his fingertips explore the slopes and muscular demarcations that covered Gordy's massive body. Finishing up by washing his feet, Sam felt Gordy lift him to his feet and then pressed his lips against Sam's in a smoldering touch.

With his scorching kiss, Gordy began to wash Sam. The shower gel coated the thick red hair between his pecs, causing its deep red coloration to tint toward pink. While not the muscular physique that Gordy sported, Sam was toned. Gordy had always thought red heads were hot, and the flame red plush covering Sam's body certainly qualified. As he moved lower, he found the object of his desire, Sam's long thick uncut cock. Even hard it was heavy enough that it hung low between his legs. Gordy would never forget his surprise the first time he had unwrapped that monster, but with time Sam had converted him from a confirmed top, to someone who liked to take as much, or more, than he liked to give.

Gordy slid back his foreskin, exposing his deep red cock head. He carefully washed around the rim, Sam's breath coming in gasps and his knees buckling each time he did. Sliding his hands lower, he lovingly washed Sam's nuts, as the soapy water cascaded from the red tangle of hair gathered at the bottom of Sam's scrotum, Gordy slid his hand between Sam's thighs to wash his ass. Soaping it carefully, he teased Sam by sliding his thick finger over his opening, causing a sharp intake of air from Sam. Knowing that Sam was as randy as he was, Gordy quickly continued downward until he had finished washing his husband's body.

Gordy took the handheld shower and rinsed them both quickly. Grabbing towels, they stepped from the shower into the steam-shrouded room. They quickly toweled each other off, even the sensation of the rough cloth heightening their levels of desire. As soon as they were dry they moved into the bedroom, locked in a passionate embrace. Assuming domination again, Sam pushed Gordy to the bed. He smiled and rolled face down, his crotch on the edge of the bed, his thick muscular thighs spread wide and braced on the floor. Gordy closed his eyes, humping the bed in his aroused state as he waited for Sam to take him.

Sam looked at Gordy's exposed position for no more than a second before he was rummaging through their bag. Pulling out a small bottle of baby oil, he quickly coated Gordy's ass, slicking down his ass hair with the liquid. Unable to wait longer, Sam ran his wet hand down his cock, coating it from tip to balls with oil. Moving forward, he slapped Gordy's ass hard once, twice and then rammed himself into Gordy.

"Oh yes! Take me, breed me!" said Gordy through a gasp of pain and pleasure.

Sam grabbed Gordy's waist with his long, slender hands and bred him like a stud breeds his mate. The smaller man was obviously enjoying his role as the dominant partner as he fucked Gordy hard, slapping his ass as he fucked his tight muscle hole. Gordy pressed back with each thrust, needing to have Sam's massive member deep inside him, hitting places no one else had ever been able to find. Sam's massive cock head plowed across Gordy's prostate with each hard thrust. Gordy tensed and provided delicious friction each time he did. Soon the winter chill of the room was a needed element to keep them from overheating. The time, the desire, the need to reconnect, everything drove Sam to fuck harder and deeper than he could ever remember.

Sam's cock seemed to grow, gaining in length and thickness as his climax built. When his rock hard cock slammed into Gordy again, it triggered a chain reaction in both men. Gordy's orgasm started, causing his muscles to contract, trapping Sam's thrusting cock as it tried to push through pure muscle, providing that extra stimulation that drove Sam over the top. Grabbing Gordy's shoulders for leverage, he forced his cock deep inside his man and unloaded weeks of cum. His cock flooded Gordy's gut with white hot semen, his body twisting and convulsing as screams of pleasure burst from his mouth.

Gordy's body responded in kind, the hot jizz and the forceful entry triggering his climax. Gordy could feel his prostate harden and grow, Sam's cock scrapping over it and causing unbelievable pleasure to course through his body. The full body orgasm Gordy experienced was far beyond the simple discharge of semen through a hard cock. His mind reeled as waves of delight rushed over him again and again. Only after long minutes of mind-blowing orgasm did Gordy realized that Sam was laying on top of him, gasping for breath, his hard cock still buried inside of Gordy's well fucked hole.

Mentally thinking he owed Darrin and Mitch big time for the gift of alone time for him and Sam, he rolled gently so that Sam was deposited on the bed, and began round two of their sexual reawakening.

<><><><>

"Oh my god! Why are they screaming," demanded Mitch, a note of desperation in his voice.

"I don't know! Don't you think I'd fix it if I knew!" snapped Darrin.

"It's been hours. We're going to have to call the guys. I can't take this much longer. How long can these kids scream?"

"What's going on?" asked Josh sleepily.

Both men's heads snapped around as Josh stumbled from his room. Finally, stating the obvious, Mitch said, "We can't get the kids to stop crying. We've tried everything!"

"Do they need changed, or fed?" asked Josh with a yawn.

"What?" said Darrin.

Josh shook his head and took the child from Darrin. Sticking his finger inside the leg opening, he looked at Darrin. "He's wet. And I bet he's hungry."

Josh changed one child, and then the other. Handing them back to Darrin and Mitch, he gave them instructions on how to feed them based on the instructions he remembered from taking care of his cousins. Then with a huge yawn, Josh stumbled into his room to go back to his peaceful sleep.

Darrin and Mitch followed Josh's advice and soon had the kids fed and quiet. Sitting in two of the living room chairs, they gently rocked the twins to sleep.

Hours later, Gordy and Sam quietly slipped into the house, knowing they were going to catch hell for their late night sexual antics and the subsequent late morning sleep. But as they walked into the living room, they found their friends with their children asleep on their chests. With quiet chuckles they lifted the waking little ones and carried them to another room so their sitters could sleep in peace.

<><><><>

Darrin and Mitch were lying in bed the night after Gordy and Sam had left with their little family. It had seemed deafeningly quiet after the days of activity and people. Darrin and Mitch both enjoyed the babies, but neither was certain how they felt about that kind of step for their family. After an hour or so of companionable relaxation while both read quietly, Darrin finally laid his book on this lap and let out a sigh.

"Do you want babies?" asked Darrin.

Mitch turned to him with no surprise at all. "I thought Gordy and Sam's kids were great."

"That wasn't what I asked. Do you want us to have babies?"

Mitch let out a low sigh. "You may not like this answer, but no. I don't think Josh is going to be the last kid who needs a place to recover, and I'm fine with that. But I can't imagine raising two little babies and juggling everything else we do."

Darrin blew out his held breath and shook his head. "Yeah, as much as I'd like to argue with you, I can't really imagine how Sam and Gordy deal with the constant demands on their time. It was great to see them, but I'm ready to have our quiet little family back."

Mitch pulled Darrin to him and kissed him softly on the cheek. "Disappointed?"

Darrin kissed Mitch back and pulled him tight against his chest. "Sure, a little. But we have to do what's best for us."

Mitch cradled Darrin and smiled. "The way our luck runs, we'll have another mouth to feed before we know what hit us."

<><><><>

Sheriff White Cloud killed the engine on his patrol car and glided into the thick brush. Every kid in the county knew this was a hot spot to hide and make out, yet it always amazed the sheriff that it never seemed to occur to them that it had been the hot spot for 50 years, so it was hardly a secret. He didn't really enjoy intruding on what he considered to be none of his business, he did it because it was better for him to find them and break up the heated action rather than the parents. And occasionally, just occasionally, someone was here and really didn't want to be. Those were happy to get a ride home from him.

Walking quietly through the trees, he spotted the dark outline of a car in the deep haze of the shadowed night. Something about this seemed like more than kids trying to get away for some action, so he flipped the strap off his revolver in preparation. As Jim walked closer, he could hear the faint wet sound of sex. He hated it when the couple was in the throes of passion when he found them, but he wasn't going to ignore them either. Pulling his heavy flashlight from his belt he rapped its metal case hard against the glass.

"Sheriff. Get outta the car."

Immediately Jim heard cursing and the car began to shake from side to side from the frantic motion as the individuals in the car scrambled for clothes, at least that was Jim's hope. Letting a few more second pass, he banged on the car window again. "Get out! I don't care if you are decent or not. Get outta that car!" yelled the sheriff.

A second flurry of activity ensued for a few heartbeats, and Jim put his hand on his gun. Finally the door cracked open and a disheveled blond head slowly came out of the door.

"Fuck'n chill, Man. I'm fuck'n come'n out. Just gimme a fuck'n second."

Sheriff White Cloud grabbed the kid and pushed him facing against the side of the car. "Spread em, kid; and watch your smart mouth or you'll end up in jail for the night. Now, you, get out of that car!" pointing to the other figure in the back seat.

Jim was only slightly surprised to see another male head emerging from the car. As he slowly emerged, he raised his hands, which were trembling visibly. Once he was out and standing with his hands up, Jim looked him over with a deepening scowl on his face, and then glanced at the kid. The Sheriff would guess the man's age at about 30, and the kid at around 14. On second inspection, it became evident that this kid was hooking to survive on the streets. How this guy had gotten the kid to agree to come with him to the middle of nowhere was slightly frightening to Jim. It would be too easy for someone to bring a homeless kid out to the middle of the sticks, and dispose of the body later. He decided this was a situation that would quickly get out of hand; so he put cuffs on the kid and then pushed him back against the car. Turning to the older man, he easily slid into his persona of hardened cop.

"ID. Now," said the sheriff in a clipped tone.

The guy fumbled with his wallet, keeping one hand up and he handed it to the sheriff. In his hesitancy, he lost his balance and lurched forward. Before he knew what had happened he was face down across the trunk of the car, with the Sheriff's revolver trained on him. As he turned his head and looked up the barrel, his eyes widened in fear and he omitted a soft groan.

"Oh shit. Don't shoot me. Oh god please don't shoot me. It's not what it looks like," whimpered the john.

"It looks like you're out in the middle of nowhere, on private land, having sex with a 14 year old boy. That's what it looks like!" snapped the sheriff.

"I ain't fuck'n 14! I'm fuck'n almost 17!" mouthed off the kid.

Sheriff White Cloud turned his hardened visage on the kid. "I warned you! You need to watch your smart mouth. If you have any sense you won't say another damn word." Turning back to the adult, he stepped back and rifled through his wallet. Pulling out his driver's license, he looked over at the guy's terror filled face.

"Kevin, Kevin Boorman huh. Well Mr. Boorman, it looks like you had a lot of explaining to do."

"Honest Sherriff, it isn't what it looks like. I just picked the kid up on the highway. He needed a ride. That's all!" said Kevin.

"You fuck'n son of a bitch. You're a fuck'n liar! You picked me up at that fuck'n park in the city. You said you'd give me fuck'n $100 to have sex with you! Asshole! You said we wouldn't get caught!"

Jim barked at the kid, "Shut it!"

Turning back to Boorman, he grabbed his arm and turned him around. When he did, he heard a whimper of fear and almost immediately smelled the odor of urine. The sheriff stepped back as the front of the terrified man's pants darkened with pee. Jim looked at the quivering individual and his drenched pants and sighed. Technically in Oklahoma, there was no age of consent for same sex encounters, and if this kid really was over 16, probably a trespassing charge would be all he could get to stick. And at this point, he was more concerned with the kid. He didn't look good, and he'd obviously been on the streets for months. His skeletal thin body and unwashed hair were indicators that he wasn't doing well. Jim probably should take him to the juvenile center, but somehow he thought that Mitch and Darrin might be able to help out this one too. It was worth a shot.

"No one do anything stupid. I need to call this in." With that the sheriff stepped back to his car and called in Boorman's information. Quickly determining that he had no arrest record, he returned and handed the license back to Kevin, who was standing and shaking, his pants soaked to the knees in pee.

"Get out of here," said the sheriff. "I don't want my car stinking like piss. But I have your information and if I need to find you, I can."

Boorman nodded frantically and raced to the driver side of his car while the sheriff pulled the handcuffed kid to his feet. They both watched as the small car peeled out down the road, it's high whining engine maxed out as he raced from the scene. With a sneer the kid turned and looked at Jim. "Fuck, he wasn't even very good."

Jim let out a bark of a laugh and walked the kid slowly to the squad car. "What's your name? I can't keep calling you kid." The youngster flipped his hair back and gave Jim a defiant look. "Don't cross me boy. Do you have a license? Since you're almost 17 and all."

That seemed to be the final straw, and you juvenile's attitude deflated. "Trent. My goddamn mother fuck'n name's Trent. Yeah, I have an id, it's in my fuck'n wallet."

The sheriff carefully fished a small wallet from the kids back pocket. Opening it cautiously he noted the name and birthday. Unbelievably the kid really was only days from turning 17. Calling in Trent's information, he was slightly surprised to find he had no priors.

"Alright Mr. Jones, it looked like you'll be going for a little visit tonight."

"Fine, take me to juvee. I'll be fuck'n gone from there by morning," said Trent.

"No, not Juvenile. I'm taking you to the ranch," Jim said with a slight smile as he helped Trent into the back seat.

<><><><>

Darrin and Mitch kept glancing out the window. Sheriff White Cloud had called them about an hour ago and had briefly filled them in on the kid he had taken in, and asked them if he could stay with them. Without hesitation they said he was welcome, and now were waiting for his arrival. Josh had also been told about the new arrival, but didn't seem to care one-way or the other.

Finally they saw headlights swing into the driveway. Both men moved to the door and watched as the car came to rest in front of their house. As the two figures moved into the ellipse cast by the porch light, Mitch opened the door and ushered them in. The sheriff led the slender figure with him into the living room before turning to Darrin and Mitch.

"Guys, this is Trent Jones. He needs a place to stay. He's almost 17, so he'll need to get into school as soon as possible. I'm afraid that what he's wearing is about all he owns. I can probably get some clothes from the church . . ." Sheriff White Cloud stopped and gauged their reaction. He saw they were studying the person standing in the middle of the room. Trent had thrown back the hood of his jacket and was staring at them through the one eye that wasn't buried under his chin length bangs. When he turned to look at them, his lips made a hard line under his too young looking ice blue eyes. As Trent flipped his head to move his bangs, Mitch saw the row of rings coming down the edge of his ear, as well as another ring through his upper lip. A few scraggly wisps of hair clung to his chin, all of which certainly made him look younger than 17. About the time the tension was starting to build, Josh walked into the room with Max.

A brief smile flashed on Trent's face as the dog walked over to him. He watched closely as the dog smelled him, and then lay down across his feet. Looking up he nodded at Josh. "Nice mutt."

Josh bristled at Trent's words and snapped at him, "He's not a mutt! His name is Max and he's a purebred working Border Collie."

"Well big fuck'n shit. Don't get your fuck'n panties in a twist. I was just say'n the dog's ok."

Josh bristled and called Max to him. When the response he got was a huge yawn as Max rested his head on Trent's canvas shoes, Josh stomped back into the bedroom.

Watching Trent lean down to scratch Max behind the ears, the three men moved back to talk. "The case worker will be out first thing Monday morning. They'll arrange for a physical and any treatments he might need. I'll talk to her and encourage them to leave him here. I don't know anywhere better for a kid in his situation."

Darrin looked at the young man standing in their living room and turned back to the sheriff with a sad smile. "Is this a trend, Jim?"

"I'd like to say no. But in all likelihood, so long as you and Mitch are willing, this is the best place for these kids."

Trent turned to them with an undecipherable look on his face. "I'm not a fuck'n deaf old fart, ya'know. And you fuck'n can't keep me here if I don't want to stay," said Trent.

Darrin started to reply, when to his surprise Mitch started to talk. "You can leave any time. But where are you going to go? Was it that great where you were before? Here you have people who might understand, and might even care about you if you give us half a chance. But at 16 you don't have many choices, and you don't have many more chances to turn your life around."

Sheriff White Cloud drilled Trent with his eyes and then started speaking. "Mitch's right. You don't have many chances left, kid. And that mouth isn't going to get you anywhere. The tough guy language might have worked in the city, but here you better drop it, and fast."

Trent looked like he was going to reply, but instead turned his back to the trio and sat down on the floor with Max crawling across his lap for more good scratches.

Copyright © 2012 reddirtwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 4
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice twist... I was just getting into the flow of things and you turned around and threw a curve ball. Can't wait to read the next chapter :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Trent is going to throw some wrenches into the family dynamic but I hope that Josh and he get along with each other (eventually). I can't wait to see how (if) Trent adjusts to the constraints at "The Ranch".

 

Great chapter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I glad the visit with Darrin's mom and sister turned out well.  Sam and Gordy's visit was also a great time with the surprise twins in tow.  Now there is a new kid in the family and I'm sure there will be a tough time for them all as they adjust.  Especially Josh.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..