Jump to content
    RiyanW
  • Author
  • 2,988 Words
  • 1,786 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Run Free - 2. Chapter 2

Marchen combed through his long purple hair. His forest green eyes staring at his reflection as he hummed the tune to marry had a little lamb. Why was he humming that he didn’t even know but he did know there was a topless pink haired male in his doorway.


“Ruka come comb my hair”


“I love you but not that much”


“Liar” Marchen giggled holding out the brush. He knew Ruka couldn’t deny him anything so Ruka gave in moving over to Marchen and combing the brush through his soft hair.


“Did you find puppy?” Marchen asked


“I keep telling you that thing isn’t a puppy. It’s a hellhound.”


Marchen huffed a bit and was going to say something when he heard someone walk in.


“Hello beautiful and strangest.” A male with black hair and yellow streaks said. He wore a checked yellow and black shirt with tight black jeans.


“Roma you cut your hair.” Marchen noticed.


“I’m glad you noticed lovely”


Marchen blushed lightly and Ruka smacked Roma with the brush. “Watch yourself. This is my brother you’re talking to.”


“Hit me with that brush one more time Ruka and I’ll rip your fucking arm off”


“You can try”


Marchen shook his head. To be best friends they were always like this. “Anyway, has anyone seen puppy? He hasn’t been home.”


Roma slapped his hand to his forehead. “That this is a hellhound Marchen. Not a puppy”


“He’s my puppy! I just bought him a collar” He reached over his deck picking up a black box. Inside was a purple silk collar with the words Puppy across it.


Ruka and Roma both burst into laughter. “He’s going to run like a bat out of hell” Roma said.


“There’s no way he’s going to let you put that on him!” Ruka said between huffs of laughter.


Marchen pouted standing from his seat. “He might. He knows my favorite Color is purple. I couldn’t resist getting it in purple.” Marchen smirked. “Besides you’d let me put a collar on you wouldn’t you Roma”


Roma shifted his eyes to look at Ruka who raised a brow at him. “uh.. nope notta, not a damn thing. I have nothing to say. I should be going now” He got up and quickly stormed out of the room.


“Smart man” Ruka said standing up and brushing himself off.


“Ruka, why are you always doing that to him?”


“Because he’s too old for you. You’re sixteen and he’s twenty-four… five now. I can’t help but be the protective brother I’m supposed to be.”


“Ruka I will leave”


Ruka wrapped his arms around Marchen “We’ve been through this Marchen. You can’t leave. You’re all I have.


“But you won’t…”


A boy with dark blue hair walked in quickly latching onto Ruka. If Ruka wasn’t so strong he’d fell but he forced himself to keep his balance. “What Hatsuo?”


“I love you Ruka. Oh but Marchen Puppy is here. He brought something with him.”


Marchen’s face lit up and he quickly ran out of his room, down the stairs and out of the front door to see the large red and black hellhound. “PUPPY!” He wrapped his arms around the hellhound and Red just grunted.


Alexander and his sister had been traveling with Red the entire time. Alex held his arms open for his sister to help her climb off but she jumped instead, landing on her feet and adjusting her dress. Night gown to be exact. “Who’s this Red?” Martha asked.


Marchen tilted his head looking at Alex and Martha. “Puppy you brought home strangers. What have I told you about that?”


Martha stomped her foot. Sounded to her like this boy though he owned Red. “His name is Red, not Puppy.”


Marched looked the little girl up and dawn. “Says what authority but me that his name is something other than puppy?”


“Prince Alexander” She pointed to Alex.


Alex froze a bit. “Uh.. umm… Well… h-hi?” he stepped back as Marchen stepped forth.


“His name is Puppy!”


“W-well um… ok”


Martha shook her head. “No no Alex you are suppose to prove him wrong!”


“What in the name of the devil is going on here?” A tall man asked walking out of the front doors asked.


Alex looked up at the building. Now that he thought about it he was in front of a mansion of sorts. He had seen a castle in the distance while Red was on his way but it was strange how no one paid Red any mind.


“Gray I am glad you’re here. This boy thinks Puppy’s name is Red.”


“Well Marchen have you ever stopped to considered the hellhounds name isn’t puppy”


Red rolled his eyes as if saying at least someone had sense.


“The dog does have a name Marchen” A girl walked out next. Her honey brown hair slowing down her back. She smiled sweetly as Marchen pouted.


Marchen’s eyes water. “Whhha! Ruka!”


Martha and Alex tilted their head. “Alexis it just me or do you think this boy is spoiled rotten?” Alex nodded in agreement and Ruka walked out, Hatsuo still attached to his back.


“Yes Marchen”


“What is his name?” Marchen asked pointing to Red.


“It’s not puppy really but that’s what you call him”


Marchen looked back at Alex. “See” He moved towards Alex again. “He’s puppy”


Red whimpered and fell onto his side. He was getting tired of this naming thing. And it felt like the arguing would never stop.


----


“I see so that’s what happened” Ruka sat in his office listening to Martha and Alex explain what was going on while Marchen sat on the floor with Red… er… puppy and petted him.


“Yes. Can you please tell us where we are?” Alex asked as Martha glared at Marchen and Ruka snapped his fingers drawing her attention back.


“This Is Kingdome of Elsen. If you haven’t noticed Puppy, or Red as you call him is known here so no one minds him walking about.”


“So he walks around a lot?” Martha asked


Ruka nodded. “Cola as she is called who use to be in town did performances with Puppy. She’s off wondering again but that’s what she did when she was here. She stops by from time to time and Puppy will help her perform tricks for the people.”


Alex fell silent. Maybe he couldn’t keep Red after all.


Martha decided if her brother wasn’t going to speak up she would. “We want Red back”


Marchen heard this and pouted. “He’s not yours he’s mine”


Ruka mumbled something but shook his head shrugging it off. The arguing started again. “If you guys keep it up you’ll wake up Mama and she won’t be happy”


Marchen became quiet and sat down with Red.


“Mama?” Martha and Alex asked in union.


“That’s what they call me” A crimson red head girl said as she walked in. “Mama as I am the mother of this household and what seems to be the problem? I was happily asleep now why is there yelling?” The woman put her hands on her hips and glared at everyone.


Martha decided to speak up first. “That dog is ours. His name is Red and that boy keeps trying to take him!”


“First off young lady, don’t use that town of voce with me. You are far too young for that. Second that boy has a name it’s Marchen. Third who are you and Fourth. That dog is a mutt he has no home he goes where he wishes.”


Martha blinked and became quiet.


“What is your name?”


“Martha ma’am. And this is my elder brother Alexander.”


The woman nodded. “Good now as the older one Alex take responsibility over you sister and show her manners. Now, no one can claim the dog… hellhound for I will make him into his own person. “Come boy” She taped her leg and Red got up walking over to her. “Have a nice day” She left the room Red following behind her.


“I told you to be quiet” Ruka said and began to walk away and Alex decided to follow him.


“W-wait, Ruka” Ruka turned around looking at Alex. “Yes?”


“Um… I don’t want to go back home”


Ruka looked around as if wondering what that was about. “And I am to do what about this?”


“If you take Red then I have to go home. I don’t want to. This is the first time I have been free.” Alex explained.


Ruka sighed. “Look Alex there isn’t anything I can do for you really but I won’t tell anyone you’re here.” He turned and walked away


Alex was a bit confused but smiled as he caught on to what Ruka meant. Running back to his sister to fine her arguing with Marchen, she stormed out. “I’m taking a breather. That grape head is too much for me”


“Grape head!?” Marchen fumed with anger and crossed his arms flopping down into his brothers chair.


“I-I’m sorry Marchen. She’s a loudmouth I know.”


Marchen shook his head. “It’s ok. Why are you here? Are you still trying to take puppy?”


Alex shook his head. “No no not at all. Your brother said it’s ok from me to stay. I don’t wanna go back home”


Marchen tilted his head. “Why?”


“Well… you see how I only have one eye. I was in an accident with I was little when the castle was attacked. I got cut there and since then I’ve been locked away unable to have anything or do anything. I envy how spoiled you are.”


Marchen poked out his lips a bit. He couldn’t say he wasn’t spoiled. “Well I’m only like this because of Ruka. I use to be a homeless out on the streets.”


“Really?” Alex asked.


“Yep. I was 8 at the time. I had no home and no one. Ruka stopped for me and gave me his scarf and hat and asked if I’d like something to eat. He bought me food and adopted me as his brother. I’m honestly the only family he has so he spoils me.”


Alex thought about this. There were people less fortunate than him. He looked up as Roma walked in and looked at Marchen noticing how his face lit up with joy.


“Why hello there cutie. Don’t you look lovely?”


Marchen blushed lightly. “Thank you Roma and you look stunning.”


“As always.” Roma chuckled. “Where is your brother? Prince Laurence wants to see him.”


Alex froze he knew that name. That was the prince his sister was supposed to merry, “Why does he want to see Ruka” Alex looked down a bit. He wasn’t supposed to speak.


“None of you business really but let’s say he has a thing for the pink haired fool.”


Marchen giggled a bit. “He probably went to his room or the library”


Roma nodded giving Marchen a wink and vanishing behind the door.


Alex was starting to get the picture. “You like him.”


Marchen didn’t expect the outburst and his cheeks flushed. “For a long time now.”


Personally Alex couldn’t say it bothered him. Since he saw his mother making out with one of the maids once he was ok with it. “And Prince Laurence likes you brother.”


Marchen nodded. “It’s my fault that happened.”


“How?”


“Well… I was taking Cola and Puppy to him so they could do a performance but he seemed more so interested in me than her and the dog. Ruka didn’t like that and stepped in the way. From there Prince Laurence has liked Ruka and has been trying to talk to him since. No one ever told him no before but Ruka. Ruka's not weak though he looks it.”


“I noticed he had a butterfly symbol above his belly button” Ruka had his shirt open so it was easily seen.


Marchen nodded. “It means run free. You know like a free spirit. He has one, Roma has on his ankle and I will be getting mine soon.”


“Where?”


“I want it on the back of my neck. It means you have a free spirit. You should get one”


Alex shook his head. “I couldn’t my sister would flip. Speaking of which I’m sure she noticed me and Martha are gone by now.”


---


Angel paced around the room in heaps of stress. “Where could they have gone? How could I have let this happen? I know they didn’t chase after that damn dog. Oh my god they probably did. I hope their ok.”


“My lady”


“What?! Did you find them?”


“No”


Angel stomped her foot. “Than what do you want?”


“Some of the citizens said they saw a large creature jump over the gate last night. Some say they heard a bark. I think the dog took them”


Angel froze with fear. “That beast? Oh god oh god! They did go after him.” He gripped her hair stomping about. “Send the guards out everywhere. Ask around. Find my brother and sister!”


Angels mother walking in the room wrapping her arms around Angel. “shhh, it will be ok. I’m sure they are fine.”


“Mother how could you be so calm these are your children we are talking about?” Angel was on the break of tears. She was terrified. “Don't you understand they are with a wild beast, a hellhound?” Tears slipped down her face and she clung to her mother.


“Yes, yes I know but I also saw the dog.”


Angels looked up. “You saw him?”


Her mother nodded. “Yes, he was in the garden before he even got in the castle. I saw him then sniffing the flowers. Why I gave him some food and some water. He’s such a nice hellhound. I was shocked to see him. So I let him stay. I am the reason he was in the castle in the first place. I let him in. He startled your father but saved him from falling down the stairs when he tripped.”


Angel blinked in disbelief.


“I know where they are. Because when you kicked the dog out, he was at my window whimpering and I asked him to take them out for a little adventure. You keep poor Alex locked up all the time.”


Angel shook her head pulling away. “You’re insane, Alex can’t protect himself. He can’t see correctly. What if something happens to him?”


“He will be fine”


“No no he won’t. I am bringing them home. When they guards get Alex and Martha they are coming home.”


Alice sighed. “You just need to learn to run free my daughter” Alice walked away and Angel broke down in tears.


---


Red laid on the floor waiting. He watched as Mama went from one book to another. “You just wait, Boy. I will help you get rid of them. Just let me find the book I am looking for.”


Red got tired of laying there and got up, pushing the cracked door open he wondered the halls a bit when he heard Alex voice. Scratching at the door he heard it the door was opened by Hatsuo. “Hey Puppy. Wanna join me and Alex?” He held the door open and Red wondered in and was greeted by a warm hug from Alex.


“Oh Red there you are. I’m so happy to see you”


Red barked and his tail wagged happily.


“We were just talking about you Red.” Hatsuo said putting a grape in his mouth and crawling onto the oversized bed. “We wanna know how old you are. First in hellhound years.”


Red barked four times.


“Only four?” Alex looked a bit in disbelief. “How old is that in our years?”


Red barked 16 times, Hatsuo being sure to keep track of the barks.


“16 years old Alex. He is a year older than you” Hatsuo popped another grape into his mouth when Mama rushed in.


“I got it! Come here boy.” She patted her leg again and Red rolled his eyes licking Alex before he wondered out with mama


“What did she get?” Alex asked only getting a shrug from Hatsuo.


“Where’s your sister?”


“I saw her earlier but she seem to be in a hurry so I didn’t bother her. She’s probably ok.”


----


Martha and Marchen peeked into the room watching Ruka and Prince Laurence.


“I don’t care. I keep telling you that.”


“Oh so marrying some princess doesn’t bother you?”


“No it doesn’t I don’t like you. You annoy me.”


“Sure I do.”


Ruka folded his arms. “How many times do I have to tell you I don’t like you?”


“Oh until you convince me. It seems to me that you have grown to like me.”


Ruka shook his head. “I don’t I like someone else and you know that”


“The ex, right… the one that cheated on you with one of your friends little brother”


Ruka grunted. “That’s not who I was speaking of.”


“Then who?”


“How long do you two plan on ease dropping?” Ruka got up and pulled the door open glaring at Marchen and Martha.


“R-Ruka, we were only curious.”


Prince Laurence chuckled and walked past Ruka kissing his cheek. “I’ll be off.”


Ruka glared at his back and stormed down the hall. “god he annoys me”


---


The night had fell and Alex was asleep. His sister was sleeping in the room across the hall and the house was quiet. It wasn’t until the next morning that there was a loud noise.


Alex shifted about and felt something warm next to him. First he settled with it being his sister until there was a knock at his door.


“Alex wake up already” Martha’s voice ranged.


It took a moment for Alex to process that information but then his eyes shot open. If Martha was outside, who was in bed with him? Getting up he threw the covers off him and whatever else was in bed with him. “What the..!”

Alex is allowed to stay with Ruka but secrets are still to be told. Who has fallen asleep in Alex bed and whats Angel to do about her mother?
Copyright © 2011 RiyanW; All Rights Reserved.
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..