Jump to content
    RiyanW
  • Author
  • 3,363 Words
  • 1,125 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Run Free - 6. Chapter 6

Alex rolled on the floor with a giggling Martha as he tickled her. “Take it back”


“Never I say, never!” Martha screamed out as he tried to fight Alex off. She was finding it harder and harder to breath with him ticking her but she refused to take back what she said about Alex being the future queen.


Tarry sat off to the side and chuckled as he watched the two. He looked up as he heard the sound of horses. It wasn’t often that you heard them but maybe Kaji had come with them. Kaji left earlier to get Alex and Martha something to eat.


“Alex I know you’re in there. Come out so I can speak to you!” A male called


Alex stopped ticking Martha and looked up. He knew that voice. “Xan? What is he doing here?”


“You know that person?” Tarry asked in concern as he got up.


“He is… a knight from the kingdom but I know him well. He is one of my best friends. Tarry stay here. He won’t hurt me I’ll be back.”


Tarry didn’t like the idea of staying behind and letting Alex leave out on his own. He looked at Martha with concern as she seemed troubled. “Martha what’s wrong. You don’t know Alex friend?”


Martha shook her head. “That’s not it. He’s nice he really is but…“ Martha became silent and said nothing more. She got up and left out with Alex. Looking back at Tarry she nodded a bit. “I’ll call if something happens. Please stay on guard. He didn’t come alone.”


Alex smiled seeing Xan and quickly wrapped his arms around his older friend. “Xan what are you doing out here?” Alex looked around. There were only a few others in sight. However Martha knew better and began whispering something.


“Alex I won’t lie to you.” Xan gripped Alex shoulders. “I came because your sister sent me. She’s worried about you Alex and so am I. I looked all over for you and I’m so glad to see your ok but you have to come back to the Kingdome.”


Alex frowned and tried to take a step back but Xan was still gripping his shoulders. “I don’t want to go back. If I go back Angel will lock me up there and then there will be double security. I don’t want to stay inside all day.”


“I know Alex. I don’t like how locked up you are either. I have known you since we both were kids, after the accident you weren’t allowed to train anymore and you watched all the time, but everyone is worried about you. You are the future king and if something happens to you the Kingdome will fall.”


Martha stepped forth finally. “Who else is with you Xan?”


“The others are in the nearby town. Why is something wrong?”


“Xan, big sister sent someone else. A magic user?”


Xan eyed Martha for a bit. “No just the knights are with me Martha.” Xan watched Martha for a moment and could tell something was wrong.


Alex looked at Martha for a moment as she stepped back towards the cottage staring at Alex. “Xan why don’t you come in to meet Tarry yourself. Then you can see there is nothing to worry about.” Alex looked back at Xan sternly.


Xan watched Martha then looked at Alex. “Fine.” He turned to the other four knights and eyed them for a moment. “I will be back.” He then followed Martha and Alex into the cottage. “What is it Martha?”


“Are you sure there’s no one else with you?” Martha asked. Xan nodded.

 


Xan opened his mouth to speak "Do you..."


 

“There’s a demon of sorts here.” Tarry said cutting odd Xan.


Alex turned to Tarry. “How can you tell?”


“I hunt them so I know their smell.”Tarry looked at Xan and narrowed his eyes. “You brought someone along to kill me yes?”


Xan shook his head. “No. I was told to gather a search team to find Alex and to talk to him and convince him to come along. Alex usually listens to me and she didn’t want to send just anyone and frighten you or him so she sent me.”


Martha shook her head. “She sent along someone else. Another set to follow you.”


The door bused open and Kaji came in dragging Snow with him. “Ok guys bad news and you can take all your anger out on Snow here.” Snow stumbled a bit and fell to the floor. “Two things.” Kaji continued. “Someone’s out to kill you Tarry. Secondly someone is out to either kill Alex or kidnap him.”


Alex froze a bit. “My sister wouldn’t send anyone to harm me.”


Snow shook his head. “The reason your buddy here knows you here is my fault. I told him you’re here. But, Kaji ran into someone else who was looking for you. A war has been waged against you home because most of the knights are out here trying to find you.”


Martha fell to the floor and shook her head. “What’s going on?”


Tarry grabbed Snow by the collar. “You are the reason those knights are outside?”


Xan jumped up. “Hold on there, let’s hear him out first. What do you mean a war has been waged?”


Snow pulled himself from Tarry. “Yes I’m sorry I am the one who told him. I meet with one of the nights and told him Alex was here. He however isn’t one of the ones attended to be here he tried to kill me shortly after this guy departed.”


Kaji then started. “And while I was out gathering something to eat for Alex and Martha I so happen to hear from a few merchants about a Kingdome being attacked because the knights weren’t there. I put two and two together when seeing knight in town looking for Alex that Alex home is in trouble.”


Xan slammed his fist into the wall “Damn it. So the demon you scenes are either from Angel or from whoever is attacking.”


Alex sighed. “Angel probably. She wants Tarry dead and if something was out to get me it wouldn’t be a demon.”


Tarry shook his head. “Don’t count on that. Question now is that we are supposed to do.”


“Hey who are you?”


Xan looked up as he heard one of his knights


“I’m sorry. You must be looking for the boy. I was sent by his mother” A female said.


Tarry got up. “Cola?”


Xan left out for a moment. “Yes we are here for him why do you have a message for us?”


Cola nodded moving her red hair from her face. “Yes but it’s for the boy. And someone name Xan.”


“That would be I.”


“Good can we go inside and talk then.” The female pushed Xan aside and pulled him in. “Tarry so good to see you.”


“What did you come for?”


Cola stopped staring at Terry. "Oh, you can shift now!"


Tarry nodded. "Yes no focus Cola"

Cola nodded, “Oh right well, Alice sent a letter to Ruka and he told me to come find you guys to tell you the kingdom is under attack someone is hunting both Alex and you Tarry and that I am to take you to Datchi.”


“Who?” Everyone asked.


“Datchi is an immortal who hold one of the bases for the Run Free. She said you have to go there to be protected and further orders will be instructed there.”


Xan nodded. “I heard of the Run Free. Alice is a part of it. So now how are we going to get Alex and Tarry out of here alive?”


Cola nodded. “Yes I have thought through that. Ruka’s little stalker is making a clear path for us and Ruka’s little boyfriend is going to make a way for us to get away but he will need some help. So then Tarry, you will take Alex and Martha to Datchi.”


“And he is where?” Tarry asked.


Cola hadn’t thought through this completely obviously as she froze. “Darn I have to take you there. Ok hmmm.”


Martha smacked her palm to her face and Xan sat down next to her. “OK, Cola right?” She nodded. “What were your plans originally?”


“Um… I was going to make a distraction and Tarry was going to take the two kids.”


Snow rolled his eyes. “Obviously that won’t work genius. Xan do you know where Datchi is?”


Xan shook his head. “Never even heard of him till now.”


“Damn...” Snow leaned against the wall and sighed.

 

“Ok how about this.” Kaji said. “Xan you get Martha and Alex on a horse. Go out to town where the others are. Make a set up somehow and head back to the kingdom so that you and the troops can get help there. But send Alex to the other side of the town with one of the others. Since Tarry is being hunted he will be a diversion for Angel’s people to follow. Me and Cola will meet you guys over there to get Alex and Martha and take them to Datchi.”


Alex shook his head. “What if Tarry gets hurt?”


“I will be fine Alex I promise.”


“Besides I will assist him” Snow said. “Cola who do you have with you?”


“Sandrine, someone Ruka is crushing on. Marchen and Ruka should be with Datchi, maybe.”


Xan sighed. “It would be nice if we knew where they all were.”


Snow thought for a bit. “Ok so you said someone was making a clear path. Do you know where they are?”


Cola nodded a bit. “I can find out where everyone is. I have animal communication. I can have them tell me.”


Tarry looked up as he thought about something. “Xan can you call one of your knights here. Send out the message about the Kingdome to a few of them. Cola you can use the animals to communicate in far distance cant you.”


Cola nodded. “It’s hard but I think I can.”


“Alright so how about this. First Cola find out where Prince Laurence knights are. If you can tell him to get Alex and Martha and take them to Datchi. Xan warn you troops of someone trying to kill Alex and of the Kingdom. That will help as a diversion for Angel’s people as well.”


“Will you still act as a diversion Tarry?” Alex asked concerned.


“I am going to have to. There’s no way around that.”


Alex frowned displeased. “Alex don’t worry Tarry will be fine this is his day job. He always hunting and being hunted.” Snow said to reassure Alex.


Alex sighed and nodded. Martha wrapped her arms around Alex to make him feel a bit better.


“So then if Cola can get a hold of Ruka and Marchen they can help in getting you two to the other knights.”


“What about you. Will you go to Datchi as well?” Martha asked Tarry.


“Yes I will meet you guys there.” Tarry looked at Kaji. “Kaji when Cola finds Ruka and Marchen can you go to them and explain things to them.”


Kaji nodded. “No problem. I will send message to the pack. They will help you get away Tarry.”


Tarry nodded.


“I want to help too.” Martha said. “I am a training magic user there has to be something I can do to help.”


Cola thought for a moment. “Well Martha maybe you can use your magic to help you and Alex get to the other knights.”


Martha nodded. “I will think of something.”


Cola went to the door and a bird flew in. “Ok Marchen and Ruka are in the town right now. Kaji you should set out now. You can identify Marchen by his purple hair. Ruka has pink hair. Ruka has a butterfly above his bellybutton. Tell them what’s going on and lead them here. I will have a bird on watch out.”


Kaji nodded turning into a wolf and darting out the door.


“Ok Sandrine isn’t far at all. He did send a message. He says he can help in getting Alex and Martha to the knights. He will keep watch out for anyone trying to harm them”


Tarry nodded. “Alright. Xan tell your knight about the attack. Take Alex and Martha. When I walk out I am probably going to be attacked so me and Snow will run for it and you take Alex and Martha into town with Cola.”

 

“No I have to stay here and keep and birds eye out.”


Tarry nodded. “Alright then. Do you have everything set?”


Everyone nodded and Xan got up with Martha and Alex. Leaving out He helped Martha in mounting a horse and Alex on another. As soon as they were out something attacked the cottage and Tarry along with Snow went for it Cola in another direction.


“Please make it to Datchi Tarry…” Alex whispered.


---

In town Xan explain to a few knight what was going on. Alex and Martha meet with Sandrine who helped in making an illusion of them while Xan set out for the Kingdome. Martha casted a spell herself to hide her and Alex presents as Sandrine took them to the other knights.


Martha looked at Sandrine and decided to ask a few questions. “Sandrine… are you apart of the Run Free?”


Sandrine nodded but didn’t say a word.


“How far away is the castle?”


“Far enough.”


Martha was getting irritated with the lack of explanation and gave up.


“Is Tarry alright? Did Cola say anything to you?” Alex asked.


Sandrine shook his head. “Not a word yet.”


“Sandrine how did you meet Ruka?”


“Why do you keep asking questions?”


Martha groaned. “We ask questions because we want to know now answer us.”


Sandrine didn’t really say anything as he continued to lead their horse along with him towards their destination.


Alex wrapped his arms around Martha as her temper seems to go up. “Martha calm down or your spell will wear off.”


“I don’t like this. I don’t know anything about that guy or the knights. What if it’s trouble?”


Alex shook his head. “I’m sure it’s not.”


Martha grunted and tried to calm down. “Sandrine, won’t you please try to be friendlier?”


Sandrine finally gave up. “Ok look you are knocking off my concentration I’m trying to make sure there’s nothing around to hurt you two. I know Ruka because he use to date my brother but my brother was a jerk and I told him about how my brother cheated on him. We were good friend and now we are more than that. Ok did that answer everything princess?”


Martha nodded “Yes it did thank you.”


Another person on their horse came up next to Alex and Martha. “Are either of you two hungry. I have some snacks you can eat.” The knight said.


Alex smiled. “Oh thanks a bunch.” The knight handed him a bag of dried fruit and went back to his position. “When will we get to Datchi?” Alex asked.


Sandrine was silent for a moment before speaking. “Probably sometime tomorrow. He lives out in the middle of nowhere. You guys just relax and if Cola tells me anything about Tarry I will tell you.”


Alex nodded in thanks.


---


Alice walked into the room where Angel was. “What is the meaning of you sending out hunters for Tarry?”


Angel sat up in her bed. “What do you think mother he has become a problem. Shouldn’t you be more worried about the attack?”


Alice shook her head. “The attack wouldn’t even have happened if you didn’t send out troops for Alex.”


Angel got up from her bed now. “Who should be here. They should have never been out.”


“And if something were to happen to them because they are here in harm’s way?”


Angel shook her head. “Nothing would happen to them mother.”


Alice smirked a bit. “I’m sure nothing would and nothing will.” Alice turned and walked out of the room.


Angel suddenly felt like something was wrong as one of the maids came to tell her the knights were back. Angel quickly hurried outside to Xan. “Did you get them?” She looked at the two standing there. Alex and Martha. She narrowed her eyes a bit. “Alex are you alright?”


The boy nodded. “I’m fine.”


Angel looked to Martha. “What about you.”


“I’m aright sister.”


Angel looked at Xan. “Where are they?”


“Right here princess. I brought them.”


“Don’t lie to me. Right about now Alex should be hysterical and Martha would be bitching at me. I know my siblings well where are they?”


Xan looked up as Alice came into view. “They are with Datchi.”


Angel looked at her mother. “Why mother? You did this but why?”


Alice crossed her arms. “Because one the Kingdome is under attack something is out to get Alex. Two because you are out of control. I will handle things from here Angel. End of discussion.”


Angel turned away and walked back inside.


“You did good Xan.” Alice said.


Xan nodded. “I hope so but will Alex and Martha be alright?”


Alice nodded. “Yes they will be returning home soon. You just worry about the attack. You will have some assistance from the Run Free this time.”


“assistance?" Xan asked.


Alice nodded with a smile. “You will see. This wasn’t all my planning this time.”


---


Alex looked up at the place before him. Yet another rally big house. What was up with this? He mounted off the horse and Martha jumped off landing next to him.


“Sandrine, glad you made it. And this must me Martha and Alex.”


Alex examined the tall male. His long dark hair was pinned up out of the way and his bright green eyes sent chills down his back. “Is Tarry here?”


The man shook his head. “Not yet. I am Datchi by the way. You have lots of work to do Alex but first you and Martha shall have a bath and a proper meal. Then I will tell you what in store for you.” He held open the door for Martha and Alex and they went inside.


Alex continually asked if Tarry had come around as he took a bath putting on a fresh pair of clothes and ate. He couldn’t help but worry. Yet everyone kept telling him not to worry but it was only in his nature. Once he was done eating her went into another room to discuss things with Datchi. Martha usually was never included in these things but Datchi told her to stay.


“Alright, let me explain what is going on. Your mother wants you to be apart of Run Free. You and Martha of course. Do you comply with this?”


Martha looked at Alex and Alex looked back at her. “I think so.” Martha shrugged as she could see he was looking for what she had to say.


“Alex, this is your decision. Not hers. She can make her own but you have to make yours.”


Bothe Alex and Martha nodded. “We will join.” Alex said.


“Good. Now then, you heard of the attack yes?”


Alex nodded.


“Well Alex. Your father wants you to command the Run Free army, to fight them.”


Alex felt his breath get caught in his throat. “He wants me to? I- I can’t I have no experience and no idea what to do.”


Datchi nodded. “I understand that. But that is what needs to be done.”


“W-What about Tarry?” Alex asked.


“Alex, you can’t rely on him now. This is all up to you.”


Alex felt himself begin to panic. Tarry had yet to show up and now he had to command and Army.


“Wait Datchi Alex can’t do it. He doesn’t know that to do.” Martha spoke up.


Datchi narrowed his eyes at Martha making her shiver a bit. “This time it is not up to you Martha. “So then Alex, shall we continue?”


Alex looked at Datchi. “I- I don’t know.” Right about now he only wished Tarry could be there to help him. “Where is Tarry?”

Copyright © 2011 RiyanW; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..