Jump to content
    RiyanW
  • Author
  • 3,211 Words
  • 1,102 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Run Free - 7. Chapter 7

Alex ran his fingers along the butterfly on his for arm. He still wasn’t exactly sure what was gone on nor did he have the courage to go through with the request. He couldn’t possibly take care of an army. He could hardly take care of himself as far as he was concerned. The day drew dark and still no sign of Tarry. A tear slipped down Alex cheek. He was sure Tarry was out there. He just wished he’d hurry up and get there or at least sent him a message saying that he was alright. There was a soft knock on the door and Alex looked up from his arm. “Come in.”


The door creaked open and Marchen came into view. “Hey, thought I’d bring you some tea.” Marchen stepped in closing the door behind him and walking over to Alex, sitting next to him on the bed and handing him the cup. Alex took it with a nod in thanks. “I know your worried about Tarry and I am too. But you can’t just stay in here. Your home needs your help. You not alone Alex all of us are here to help you.”


Alex sighed. “I know it’s just. What if I make the wrong decisions and how do I know what I should be looking for?” Alex looked into the cup of tea looking at his patched eye. It was because of Tarry that he was there today but it was still hard knowing Tarry was still out in the hands of danger and not knowing if he was alright. “I wonder what’s tacking him so long. He promised he’d be here.”


Marched sighed and folded his arms. “I am sure he is alright. He has Kaji and Snow with him. Cola is back now and she’s looking for him. She lost sight of him when she was attacked herself. Come on Alex Tarry is probably rooting you on so don’t worry.”


Alex nodded but still he was worried. “Come on Alex, it’s time to get started.” Marchen added as he got up waiting at the door for Alex.


Alex slowly stood up taking a sip of the tea and following Marchen out of the room. Coming into the meeting room where he was early it seemed everyone was waiting there for him. “Sorry I’m late I guess.”


“Don’t worry about it just get started.” Martha said giving her brother a wink to encourage him.


“Where’s Cola?” Alex asked looking around noticing her absence.


“She’s looking for Tarry, Snow and Kaji.” Sandrine spoke for her.


Alex nodded and took his place looking at the papers in front of him. “Um…” Alex thought for a moment. It was hard to think straight where you were worried. “Ok I guess… what I mean is... who is attacking the Kingdome?”


It was clear Alex was lost. Ruka leaned over pointing to an area on a map. “Here, Alden is his name. He is coming from the east but we are starting to think that he is also coming from the south as well.”


Alex was hardly understanding. “Ok um…” Martha sighed as she watched her brother. She only wished she could help.


Suddenly the door swung open and Cola stood there with a smile. “I found him. He got a little lost but I found him. He is on his way now and Alex he left you a message.”


Alex quickly stood up as he heard Cola say she found him. “Is he alright? what did he say? When will he be here?”


Cola tried to catch her breath as she just ran in from outside. “He is fine but Kaji is wounded so he is carrying him. He said, not to worry he will be here shortly. Just do your best. He has faith in you.” Cola closed the door and sat down.


“So one of the birds are leading him here?” Sandrine asked and Cola nodded and added. “He’s moving fast. He wasn’t too far off the path. He followed the few knights he found scattered about and a found a few demons that were apparently hidden for Alex.”


Alex smiled now and Martha as well. “See Alex. I knew he’d be alright.”


Alex nodded and looked back down at the information. “Ok maybe this is something I should ask. What is Run Free exactly. I mean I know it’s an organization but…”


Datchi nodded. “Of course. Run Free is an organization with bases of more so equality. It holds members of all rises and connects them within the three realms.”


“Three realms?”


“That’s right. The heavenly and the hell along with this one. Run free is a part of different contents so it is widely spread. Our job on the daily is to monitor life and if there is a disturbance of the abnormal see to it. For example there is one who is a member of us who has a cousin who caused a disturbance. Summoning powers of the forgotten. We had to track him and kill him.”

 


Alex nodded. “So what does my mother do?”


“Keep control of one of the gates located in your kingdom.”


“Gates?” Martha asked.


“That’s right. The realms are not flat surfaces thus they touch where the energy of an element is strong. Usually it is where a god or high spirit of that element has touched and if we could close them we would but since we cannot we have to see to it that we watch them in case of anything that come through. There is a gate on your lands in the nearby forest. The element I believe is that of fire.”


“So it connects to hell?” Alex asked.


“No not necessarily I don’t think. As far as what elements associate with what part I’m not sure I know much about but Tarry should know. Where is he Cola?” Datchi turned his attention to the red haired girl. She closed her eyes and smiled.


“He’s here. He just walked in the door.”


Alex became silent as he started at the door. Any moment Tarry was going to walk through. The anticipation was making him anxious he wanted to get up and run down the hall to find him. Finally he heard footsteps coming down the hall. They got louder and louder. They were in front of the door. The door knob turned and opened. Alex darted out of his seat and flung his arms around the hellhound as he caught glimpse of him. “Tarry I was so worried I’m so glad you are here.”


Tarry smiled breathing hard as he ran the whole way there. He wrapped his arms around Alex holding him tightly. “I am fine. Sorry it took me so long. I didn’t mean to keep you waiting.”


Datchi smiled a bit. “Glad to see you made it. I was explaining the Realms to Alex and we hit the question about the gate in his Kingdome. If it goes to hell or not.”


Tarry nodded and Alex lead him to take a seat next to him but instead Tarry sat in Alex seat and pulled Alex into his lap. “That one does. That one was if I remember made by fire demon or high ranking rather than the spirits. Its below the mountains which makes it an inactive volcano. It was aimed to be activated as an open gate once but the plain failed. That was the time you lost your eye.” Tarry Placed a hand over Alex patched eye.


Alex noticed how warm Tarry’s hand was but ignored it for the moment. “Ok so Who Is attacking again?”


Ruka pointed again to the map “Alden.”


Tarry looked at it and snarled a bit. “I know Alden. He was the person who attacked before. The one who sent the demons that took your eye Alex. He is after the gate which explain things.”


Marchen tilted his head looking at the map. “Which means there are enemies coming from the south most likely.”


“Yes” Tarry said.


Alex thought about this for a moment. “Ok so wait… do the knights at home know this?”


“Your mother is there so most likely” Sandrine said. “I am sure she knows what they are after.”


Alex scratched his head as he tried to at least remember what happened the time before. Martha didn’t know anything of it having been only a baby at the time. She looked at Alex with concern and he gave her a reassuring smile. “Alright. Well that means he probably has demons with him so what’s all in the army of Run Free.”


“Wide rang there” Ruka started. “There is some of everything but we did give you reports on the few members that you may find most useful.” Ruka pushed over a folder to him and seem to have stormed at something. Marchen giggled and Alex shot a look at Sandrine who made an innocent face.


He looked over the few papers and tilted his head. “A dragon. You mean a huge scaly dragon with the large teeth and big wings?” Alex have heard of there being many types of dragons but he also knew they were often hunted so he wasn’t sure.


“Well…” Marchen started. “I know him. He actually looks like us but he can turn into… I don’t remember the type of dragon but he’s pretty big.”


Alex nodded and turned his eyes back to the paper. “A kid? He’s only six for goodness sake I can’t use him.”


“Don’t count on that.” Datchi said. “He is associated directly with the creator of this realm so you might want to consider it. Besides he on himself owns and army.”


Alex looked at Datchi in disbelief. “I don’t know all the details but I heard he inherited from the original owner who took him in.” Datchi added.


“right then… The people in Run Free are a little unbelievable. Who’s she?” Alex said pointing to the name on the paper. Ruka took s look at it.


“Lady Orina. A very scary lady. Her and mama don’t get along very well. She’s a incubus.. There are two of them in there.”


“Shin killed the other one remember.” Datchi said.


“Huh?” Tarry looked up along with Alex.


“Yeah Shin, the dragon. He didn’t like the other incubus hitting on his boyfriend and after so many times of letting it go he ate him.”


“Ate him?” Alex made a face.”


“Yes he turned into a dragon and bit him in half and ate him.” Datchi said.


Alex shook his head to get out the mental image. “Alright, so then, what to do?”


Tarry opened his mouth to say something but Datchi passed him a look that made him be silent. “The decisions are up to you Alex” Datchi encouraged.


Alex didn’t like having that kind of pleasure on him but never the less he took a deep breath and started to think. “Ok so they want to get to the gate. They are spreading my mother’s army thin by coming from two directions. So maybe we should send the stronger towards the gate…” Alex stopped. “no that leave the town open. What about Prince Laurence. Can we use his troops?” Alex asked.


“That’s a good idea.” Snow said from across the room. “Cola can you get in contact with him?”


“Of course” Cola said. “What do you want me to tell him?”


Alex though about it. “Let’s see… sent him to the front the east. Him prose mothers knights should be enough but….”


“I’ll also join the front” Snow said. Alex looked up at him in shock. “He is going to use demons of the dead that is what me and Tarry bother trained with so I would probably be a helping hand.”


Alex nodded. “Thanks snow. Why not send some of the kid’s army with them as well. Just a few should be enough.”


Datchi nodded. “I can try to notify him but don’t keep your hopes up. He’s not always reachable. “


Alex noted that. “Alright well if you reach him do tell me. As for the back, Shin should be a big help and..”


“I’ll assist that side.” Tarry said.


“No you have to come with me. If you go out there…”


“Alex please I will be fine. I told you this is what I do best. I hunt those things and besides I know exactly where the gate is. I came through it the day I came to you before. I will lead a few there to defend it. No big deal.”


“Sounds like a good plan actually” Sandrine said and a pen his hit him face as Ruka had thrown it at him. Alex shook his head ignoring the pen. “I guess… You better be careful Tarry.”


Tarry nodded. “I will be.”


“Ai, she was mentioned earlier.” Alex said as he pointed to the name on the paper.


“Yes Princess Ai.” Datchi said. “She also holds one of the bases for the Run Free. She’s no older than you but your mother already contacted her and she’s at your Kingdome with her knights to help.”


“Ok well then send hers to the south end. That should be enough I think.” Alex said as he noted the information on the map. “Ok Cola you contact Laurence and Datchi you contact Yuko.” The two nodded and departed for their jobs. “Snow, you and Terry rest we will depart tomorrow.” Snow nodded and walked out of the room.


“Ok Alex I have a suggestion.” Marchen said. “I already know you are probably going to have most of us in the room with you protecting the castle so I was thinking I would use a mirror allusion which will make the kingdom invisible.”


“The Kingdome?” Alex asked noticing Marchen didn’t say castle.


“That’s right so I am going to need a lot of mirrors to protect the people.”


Alex nodded. “I will see what I can do.”


Marchen nodded and got up Ruka following behind along with Sandrine.


“I do hope I made the right decisions.” Alex said.


Tarry nuzzled him to comfort him a bit. “I think you did great.”


Alex smiled as he leaned into Tarry a bit. “I guess. You should relax. You had a hard time getting here.” Alex pushed himself up and tugged at Tarry’s arm to help him stand.


“Yeah I should. I’ll grab a bite to eat and get cleaned up. I’ll meet you after that.” Tarry placed a small kiss to Alex cheek before walking out of the room.


-----


Alex laid on the bed thinking over his decisions. He think he covered everything but then again he was sure there was a opening somewhere. He just knew everything couldn’t go perfectly. It was only in nature that something went wrong. Yet it was stressing him that he wasn’t sure where things could go wrong.


Hearing the door open Alex rolled over to see who it was. His face brightened as he saw Tarry. He sat up quickly as Tarry joined him on the bed. “Are you feeling alright?”


Tarry nodded. “I’m fine the question is are you alright.”


Alex nodded as he wrapped his arms around Tarry. “I’m fine now. I’m just worried about tomorrow. What if something goes wrong?”


Stroking his fingers through Alex hair as if to comfort him Tarry lifted Alex chin and placed a kiss to his lips. Alex felt his cheeks become warm as he listened to Tarry. “Don’t think about that. I am sure everything will be fine. Speaking of which Datchi told me to tell you he got a hold of Yuko and he will be sending someone to aid you but he himself will not be there.”


Alex nodded with a soft smile. Tarry seemed to do a good job making him feel better. Shyly he kissed Tarry once more. Being pulled close Alex was positioned in Tarry’s lap when a knock on the door scared Alex half to death. Not wanting to be too much seen in Tarry’s lap this way for it was embarrassing he tried to move but Tarry kept his grip announcing for the person to come in.


Cola stepped though the door and giggled a bit at the scene at hand. “He only just got here Alex and already your trying to get hot and heavy.”


Alex became red and shook his head franticly. “No no it’s not like that at all!”


“Sure it’s not. Anyway I got in thought with Prince Laurence and he said he will send some help. Also Princess Ai’s knight have already set up their stations. She’s asked if you wanted her to stay as she was or if you would rather her move to the gate?”


Alex found it a bit hard to concentrate with Tarry kissing at the back of his neck. His face was red with embarrassment but he tried thinking it over the best he could. “Um… well She can stay as she is. Where are my mother’s knights?”


“They are at kingdom surrounding the borders. There are a few towards the gate.”


“Alright then that’s good enough.”


Cola nodded. “As you wish Prince. Try not to keep Tarry up all night he has a hard day ahead”


Alex opened his mouth to protest but Cola left quickly. At this rate Tarry would be the one keeping him up all night.


-----


Xan knocked on the door to King Drakes office. Getting approval to come inside he stepped though the door. “You hinise your son has finished making the plans for the armies. Here is what was sent.” Xan places the rolled up map on the table and Drake took a look at it.


“Splendid! He did quite a nice job here. I must say I am proud of him seeing this is his first time doing something like this.” Drake rolled the map back up setting it to the side. “Alright you are dismissed”


Xan began for the door but stoped and turned to Darake. “I have one question is I may.”


Drake eyed Xan for a moment. “Go ahead. What is it Xan.”


“What are you planning for Alex? You wouldn’t have him do this for nothing.”


Drake rested his elbow on the desk and leaned on his hand broadly. “Oh Xan I am ashamed that you would doubt me. I am only following my wife’s up most wishes for our son to one day make a great successor. I figured one step at a time, why not give this army business a go.”


Xan stared at Drake for a moment. He felt something was off. “I guess. I was only wondering. Thank you, I shall leave you now.” Xan turned back to the door and walked out.


Drake sighed and shook his head looking down at the little white fur ball on the floor next to him. Martha’s cat. The cat looked up at him and meowed a bit. “Oh not you too. I am hardly doing anything now leave me alone.” The cat made a scuffled meow before making its way out of the cracked door. “There’s nothing wrong with testing my son’s skills for further uses in his future.”

Copyright © 2011 RiyanW; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..