Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

Ralph: Breaking free 2. Parborough Chronicles

There are currently no reviews.
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama, Family Drama

Ralph has a successful web-design firm, lovely twin daughters and an ex-wife with whom he is on reasonable terms, though his parents persist in regarding him as a disappointment, disliking his choice of career and general lack of ambition. But, in the wake of his divorce, he experiences a return of feelings and ideas that he hasn’t had since his teenage years when an affair with another boy at school left an indelible mark. And now, he has to decide, does he want to be that person who hides, lashes out at any suggestion he might be gay, or does he want to break free.

After Ralph’s brief, non-speaking role in Brian: Taking Courage, I found myself wanting to learn more about what had become of him. The result is this story. It runs in parallel to Brian: Taking Courage, so Brian, Gordon, Toby and Russ all make brief appearances, but this is Ralph’s story. It helps to have read Brian: Taking Courage but you don’t have to.
Brian, Gordon, Toby and Russ will be back with the continuation of their saga with the next instalment of the series.
Copyright © 2024 Robert Hugill; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

This new installment promises us new delights in Parborough. An excellent opening chapter sets the scene well, with our hero struggling with past memories and a (currently) curtailed future.  

RECOMMENDED

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Another wander into the Hugillverse, another delightful story sure to entertain and enlighten. Quintessentially English, replete with quirky local language, often hilarious character description and wit to spare. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..