Jump to content
    Ron
  • Author
  • 687 Words
  • 1,012 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Prompting - 3. Bunny Humor

span>Prompt 317 – Creative
Tag – The Bunny

Mark slapped the alarm off at the first buzzing. He was ready for his first marathon run of the year; he had been preparing to run it for months. After rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he reached for the bed-side table-lamp and switched it on before swinging his legs over the side of the bed. He was confronted with the pill bottle and a glass of water, his first act each and every morning. These were new and only his fourth day of taking this particular anxiety med. It was one of the reasons for his having taken up running; it was a natural way of coping for him, in addition to the medication.

'Do I feel better?' he thought, and the answer he gave himself was, yes, he did. The new meds seemed to be working rather miraculously for him. This time.

"Time to get this show on the road," he said aloud. After popping the pill and washing it down, he headed off to shower with thoughts of the run and a strategy he hoped would help him beat his best time.

 

Grabbing his duffel by the front door, Mark opened the door and stepped out. The sun was just beginning to brighten the sky enough to make everything easy to see and the air smelled crisp and fresh. He locked the door and made quick work of the steps before turning for his car and suddenly stopped. A pure white bunny wearing a vest—and if that wasn't odd enough—carrying an over-sized basket filled with colorful eggs in the crook of one front leg, stood on its hind legs on the sidewalk between him and his car in the driveway.

"I'd forgotten," Mark said. "It's that time of year, is it?"

The bunny nodded his head.

"Well, I don't suppose one of those is for me?" Mark asked, pointing at the basket.

The bunny shook his head.

"Humph."

The bunny titled its head and shrugged.

"Well, then. I guess I'll be on my way," Mark said. He skirted the bunny, walking on the dew wet grass, never losing sight of it and the bunny turned to keep him in sight as well. Mark opened the car door and threw his duffel bag onto the passenger seat, and taking one last look at the bunny he hopped inside and closed the door—but not before a piece of paper fell out and onto the drive. Starting the car and putting it in gear, Mark looked back over the seat and backed out of his drive and then sped off.

The bunny rose up on its hind legs and hopped–walked over to the piece of paper and picked it up. It read:

 

SUSHINE PHARMACY, INC. (555-123-6789)

321 Medical Lane, Boston MA 02116

Prepared for: Mark Madison

Drug Name: Skruital 20mg

Common Uses: For treatment of anxiety and depression.

 

The bunny scanned further down the page…

 

POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:

SIDE EFFECTS that may occur while taking this medicine include headache or trouble sleeping. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; general feeling of being unwell; or hallucinations.

 

The bunny's mouth pulled back on each side of its face and it made several short-sharp barks in a row. Which, if you knew the bunny, was clearly laughter. The human wouldn't know what to believe. Raising up on its hind legs, the bunny made its way to the front steps and hopped up them to the stoop. Setting the basket down, it hopped over to just under the mailbox and with a mighty leap up, managed to knock the lid of the box open. One more leap and Mark's drug description paper was safely inside.

The bunny hopped–walked to the edge of Marks lawn before pausing. Setting the basket down, it plucked one colorful blue egg, having gold trim, from it and returned to Mark's front steps, and placed the egg in the very center of the first step – and hopped quickly back to its basket, making short-sharp barks all the way.

Every like, review, comment and note is appreciated. The rest of the prompt responses are here for Prompt 317.
2014 R.L. Hunter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 04/13/2014 02:18 AM, joann414 said:
Cute as hell. Enjoyed it immensely :)
Thanks, Jo Ann.
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Very entertaining and nicely done. I loved the name of the drug. I think I'd like to be on that prescription myself! lol :funny:

Link to comment
On 04/14/2014 03:00 AM, Valkyrie said:
Very entertaining and nicely done. I loved the name of the drug. I think I'd like to be on that prescription myself! lol :funny:
Ha-ha! You caught the drugs name, good. I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that. Thanks for reading, Valkyrie. :)
Link to comment
On 04/14/2014 06:27 AM, Sasha Distan said:
tehehehhe! excellent. i love hallucinations who fight back.
Was it hallucination--or the bunny?--thinking it was a good idea to screw around with Marks, psyche? Either way, Mark is in for a heck-of-a-time when he stops to think about it. Thanks for reading, Sasha.
Link to comment
On 04/15/2014 07:35 PM, Slytherin said:
:lol: Skruital :lol: I'm gonna ask a friend of mine for a prescription :funny: Lovely story :D
I think Skruital comes in a liquid form too. Thanks, Slytherin. :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..