Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 661 Words
  • 4,139 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Montana High - 1. Prologue

Montana High

Prologue

 

The fictional characters in this story are based on a tale about two young adults falling in love in a small town in Montana (Horse Country). Harlowton, Montana is a small town outside of Billings.

 

Seth grew up as an only child, and his life was not easy for him. He and his parents lived on a 120-acre ranch with his mom’s parents. His grandparents homesteaded this land when his grandfather was in the military. They grew corn and wheat for many years. As years went by his grandpa turned the land into a working ranch. He stopped growing the corn and wheat and cleared the land to bring in cattle and grew his own hay to feed them.

 

When Seth’s mom was born his grandpa came down with the measles and became sterile, so his mom grew up as an only child like him. When Mandy (Seth’s mom), was in the 11th grade she meet Tom (Seth’s dad), and they ended up getting married after Mandy finished high school. Since Tom was a labor hand for a nearby ranch and did not make that much money, Mandy’s mom and dad let them live in the house with them. Mandy and Tom were married about three years when Seth came along. Mandy had some complications with the birth and the doctors told her she wouldn’t be able to have any more children. She was very disappointed because she wanted a house full of children but that wasn’t in the cards for her, so she dealt with it in her own way.

 

Seth grew up on the ranch; he was taught how to take care of the cattle and buck hay, and just about everything to do on a working ranch. Seth’s grandpa was his mentor and taught him everything about taking care of the ranch, the same as he did for Mandy. When Seth’s grandpa passed away he was devastated, but knew his mom would need him now more than ever.

 

Seth’s grandpa had all his ducks in a row when he passed away; everything went to Seth’s grandma. Seth’s dad was not happy with what his grandpa did, but his grandpa and his dad didn’t get along that well by then. Seth’s father had taken up drinking and made everybody’s lives miserable.

 

When Seth was almost seventeen his grandma passed away in her sleep. It was hard on him and his mom coming to grips with everything that could happen to the ranch. His grandma’s will was read and just like grandpa’s will, everything went to Seth’s mom. Right after the passing of Seth’s grandma, Seth meet up with Gavin. Gavin helped Seth keep himself together with the abuse from his dad, keeping the ranch running and school. Seth had his hands full, but Gavin was his life-line to keeping him focused.

 

Now we are at the present time; Seth will be eighteen in two days. Seth’s dad had become really abusive to him and his mom since Seth’s grandma passed away. So this is how it all worked out for Seth and his partner.

 

Happy Reading

 

Hope ya’ll enjoy the story.

 

 

                                                         

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9332]

Front of House

                                                       

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9333]

Looking out back of house at pasture

                                                 

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9334]

Seth and Grandpa out on the range

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

 
Copyright © 2014 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yes, definitely nice pictures, Zandra!

 

I feel badly for Seth - his life certainly does not seem easy. Especially with a father like that.

Link to comment
On 03/06/2014 03:02 AM, Suvitar said:
Looking forward reading your story...and loved the pics :*)
Thanks, had some great help.
Link to comment
On 03/06/2014 03:11 AM, Lisa said:
Yes, definitely nice pictures, Zandra!

 

I feel badly for Seth - his life certainly does not seem easy. Especially with a father like that.

Thank you very much for all the help, even if I am just a Okie, and our lango don't match we worked through it, and that I thank you for.
Link to comment
On 03/06/2014 04:04 AM, Daddydavek said:
Whew! Nice set-up and introduction!
Thank you, had fun working on this little story, more to be posted soon.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..