Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 1,159 Words
  • 2,703 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Montana High - 5. Epilogue

Epilogue

 

Sitting here on the porch of the house Gavin and I had built, had me thinking back on how all this came about. Brought some happy and sad memories to the front.

 

My Dad passed away two years after Gavin and I moved in with Mom. He never came back home; Mom had to put him in a full care facility since he couldn’t be put on a waiting list for a liver. He didn’t die happy; he made all the nurses lives hell in that facility, throwing his fits of anger. I never went and saw him. I stayed completely away from him, in my mind he died the night of our last fight. I know Mom took it hard when she had to bury him. We buried him in the county cemetery; we had all told ourselves we did not want him buried on the ranch with my grandparents. Which made me happy in a way, I did not want to see his marker when I visited grams and papa’s gravesite.

 

Gavin’s parents sold out and moved away; we haven’t seen them or heard from them in a couple of years. When Gavin moved out and moved to the ranch his family pretty much disowned him. His mom would call once in a while but it always turned into a fight over the phone. Gavin came out to them on his twenty-first birthday, when they showed up at the party me and my mom through for him. Wait I can’t say he told them he was gay, it was that they saw me kissing him in the kitchen. And let me tell you, their reaction not a pretty sight to see. We had to call the sheriff and had his dad arrested for trying to kill Gavin with a beer bottle. Gavin has no hard feeling against his parents; he just doesn’t want any contact with them. Maybe one day he will change his mind and go see them.

 

Mom married a really nice guy about three years after my father passed away. She met him at a cattle auction, and they dated for a while, then Sam one day sat me down and asked if it was alright to marry my mom. I gave them my blessing. He helps mom run the ranch, but he still thinks Mom is the head boss. It is funny sometimes sitting there watching them bicker back and forth about what is needed, or done on the ranch. But all in all he is a great guy and takes care of my mom.

 

Gavin and I lived with mom for almost four years helping her take care of the ranch. We converted my old bedroom and the bedroom next to mine into a master suite. Mom’s bedroom was put downstairs where she converted two rooms into one big one just for her. Mom’s old bedroom got turned into a master bath with all the bells and whistles in it for me and Gavin. Now Mom and Sam took our old room over and Sam’s mom is in their old room. Oh ya, Sam moved Sadie, in the house because my mom refused to let her go to one of them old folks home.

 

Gavin and I had our house built on the twenty acres that my grandparents left me. We decided on a four-bedroom, three-bath house, and single story with a gourmet kitchen. Gavin had to have his dream kitchen since he liked to cook. And let me tell you that man can cook some dishes to die for. We fenced the land off and bought some cattle, and we moved our horses over after the barn was built from Mom’s place. We are in the saddle almost every day helping Sam and the hands with all the animals.

 

The big news is the day we got married here on the ranch. That was the most special day of my life. Mom put it all together for us. It was funny when she walked me down the aisle. Gavin stills laughs about it and tease’s me about being the bride that day. But I don’t care, I was just happy to marry the man of my dreams.

 

“Hey, handsome,” Gavin said walking up the steps.

 

I snapped out of my memories and came back to the present time.

 

“Hey yourself, lover. What have you been doing?”

 

“Getting our rug rats horses saddled the proper way this time.” Gavin came on up the steps and sat down next to me.

 

“Why? It’s funny when we see them having to walk the horses back to the barn. They are so hard-headed and won’t ask for help.”

 

“I know it is but the horses are not liking it and they could get hurt. So I just did it myself this time.” Gavin reached over and gave me a kiss, which was what I was waiting for. We had worked on different parts of the ranch today and didn’t see much of each other.

 

“Mmm…I like this. Can we take this in the house and continue, to see where this might lead too.” I looked at my beautiful husband smiling.

 

“What were you doing when I walked up here? Looked like you we’re off in la la land somewhere,” Gavin said dodging my come on.

 

“Just looking back on how we got to where we are now. We have this house and land, we got married, we have two kids, Mom is happy, we are happy, and I hope the kids are happy. Gavin, when we turned eighteen and thought that we would have to move away, that was hell for us. But look at us now, life could not get any better.”

 

“Seth, the day I asked you to marry me was the day my life got better. You are the love of my life. When we decided to adopt those rug rats out there, that was the second happiest day of my life. Those two kids make us a family.”

 

“I know, Andy and Mark came to us at the right time. Even if they were older then we wanted at the time, I sure don’t miss the diaper changing. When we were asked if we could take eight and ten year old brothers, I did not hesitate doing so. After we found out that we could adopt them.”

 

“Hey, those two will be gone for about an hour, let’s go inside and I will show you how much I love you,” Gavin said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

 

“Thought you would never ask, handsome. Lead the way.”

 

Well, you can never say. “Love does not last in this house”

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

Copyright © 2014 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I love HEA's! I'm so glad Seth and Gavin are still together!

 

And Mom has a new hubby! :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/14/2014 01:44 AM, Lisa said:
I love HEA's! I'm so glad Seth and Gavin are still together!

 

And Mom has a new hubby! :)

Thank you Lisa could'nt have finished the story without your help.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Lovely little story with a happy ending :*)

Couple of things: it´s threw a party not through and you used then when you should have used than.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 04/29/2014 01:15 PM, Daddydavek said:
I love happy endings too! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading my story.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Nice to see things have worked out for the family and they happily remain together on the family ranch.  A great HEA ending to a very nice story.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..