Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 896 Words
  • 3,256 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Montana High - 3. Chapter 2

Chapter 2

 

“Hi, what are you doing?” I asked when the phone was answered.

 

“Nothing, sitting here looking at the computer. Trying to stay in my room. Mom and Dad are yelling at each other again.”

 

“Can you get out of the house?”

 

“Ya, where you at?”

 

“At the park. Had another fight with my old man again. Mom just called telling me that he collapsed and she was waiting on the paramedics to come and get him. He always does this when he drinks all day,” I explained to Gavin. Gavin was the one that got me through all the rough times after my grandma passed away.

 

“Come get me and we can talk then.”

 

“Ok, on the way, meet me at the corner.”

 

“Ok, bye.”

 

“Bye.”

 

I got up and walked over to my truck and drove to the corner of the block to pick up Gavin. He climbed in the truck, leaning over and giving me a kiss. “I missed you.”

 

“I missed you too, babe.”

 

“Where do you want to go?”

 

“I have to wait till Mom calls me back to let me know that they got the old man loaded and have left the house, then we can go there.”

 

“That sounds good. Let’s go to the park and wait there and talk.”

 

“Ok, I love you so much, Gavin. You are the only reason I have put up with my father’s crap for this long.”

 

“I know Seth, I love you too. We don’t have much more time, then we can leave all this hatred behind and start fresh somewhere else.”

 

We got to the park and I parked the truck and just sat there looking out at nothing and thinking maybe by this time next week Gavin and I will be in our own place, not having to put up with his parents or mine.

 

“Hey, tell me what happened tonight. I talked to you earlier and everything was fine.”

 

I told him what happened with my father. “I’m just tired, Gavin, I can’t even sleep all night long anymore. I keep waking up waiting for him to come into my room hitting me again. Mom can’t even help me because he has been hitting her too. She doesn’t know that I know, but I can hear her cries when he is doing it.”

 

“Babe, we only have a couple more days then we can pack and be gone. We have the money sitting in the bank waiting for us to leave. So just hang in there and don’t forget that this shit will be over soon,” Gavin stated.

 

“I’m trying to. What were your parents fighting about now?”

 

“Same ole, same ole. I got home from work today and Dad told me that my boss called him complaining about my work again. That man is driving me up the wall, I can’t do anything right in his eyes. I do something one day and he says I did a great job, then the next day I will do the same thing and he says I did it all wrong. I think there is something wrong with my boss; he is flying off the handle, even at the customers. I should've know better than taking a job working for one of my father's friends. It's like having someone reporting my every move. I told my Dad this and he told me if I had done it the way the boss wanted it done, then he would not have called him. I told Dad that he should not have called him in the first place, and to stay the hell out of my business from now on. He blew up at me and I just went to my room.”

 

“Gavin, you turned eighteen two months ago; he could have thrown you out then, but I think your mom is on your side and she won’t let him. So we just need to keep our cool for now. We have enough money saved up to get a place away from them and this town. Even enough to hold us over for a couple of months, till we both get the right job that we want.”

 

My phone started ringing. “Ya, mom…ok…what happened…no, Gavin is here with me…ok, we will head out there now…see you when you get home…love you too…”

 

I started the truck up and headed back to the house. “Mom is on her way back home, she wants us to meet her there.”

 

“Ok, what about your dad?”

 

“She didn’t say, we will find out when she gets to the house I guess.”

 

“Thought you said she was going to call on the way to the hospital!”

 

I frowned, also remembering what she said. “She probably forgot to call. Let’s just head out there and find out what happened to the bastard.”

 

“Ok, just remember I’m here for you and I love you.”

 

I smiled and reached over to Gavin and gave him a kiss. “I know and I love you too, babe.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

Copyright © 2014 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 03/09/2014 12:30 PM, Cole Matthews said:
I'm so intrigued by this setup. Such awful parents. I can't wait to read more. Keep it up! Thanks Zandra.
Oh his father is a real duzey, but there is them parents out there somewhere that act just that way. Thanks for the comment and reading my story. One more chapter to go then epilogue which will pull the whole story together on what happened to the two boys.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm curious as to why Seth has not stepped in when he knows his father is hitting his mother. At almost 18 I would think any 18 year old would, unless his father is way bigger than him and that would mean he is acting in fear.

Good story, though, and most questions get answered in future chapters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Seth's lucky he has Gavin there for him. He'll have to be strong for his mom though, whatever happens to his father. They should have gotten restraining orders against him; no one should live with being abused like that.

 

Oh, and I like your new name, Shadow! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I was wondering the same as Terry, Seth seemed like a person who´d protect her mother against his father. And why hasn´t he bought a lock for his bedroom door?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I didn't realize from the story that Gavin was more than just a great friend.  Now maybe they won't need to leave the ranch if Seth's father doesn't make it.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..