Jump to content
    SidLove
  • Author
  • 1,013 Words
  • 3,680 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>

Comforting Love - 1. Chapter 1

1

 

I never knew what was ahead in my life – nobody does – but always expect it is all normal. Like we set our goal, achieve it, attain a career and meet someone special to live the rest of our lives with. My anticipation was no different. And life did bless me with all of this, but in an overly extra-ordinary way – all good though. That is because love made its way into my life so easily I sometimes wonder if Luke appeared in the form of a lucky charm.

If so, then I am glad I followed my instincts and moved out of my dad’s house. He was my only parent but I don’t regret leaving him behind. Let’s just say, me and my dad could never hold the same line, so I guess it was for the better it happened that way.

He never contacted me, nor did I try to reach him. My controlling father chapter was closed and I was happy to leave it that way. My new life was actually worth living. Looking for a decent job to pay for college fees, I ended up on the steps of Walsh Mansion. To tell you the truth, I was nervous as hell waiting for the door to open. After all, I was to meet Lucinda Walsh any moment. THE revered Lucinda Walsh, who owned half of Oakdale. However, one to one, despite being all rough and tough on the outside, I found her to be graceful, and sweet at heart. She asked about my education and if working would hamper my studies. When It came out that I had to move out of my father’s house, she offered to arrange a place for me to stay. But, I had already been allotted a college dorm room, so I politely declined her offer.

She seemed quite pleased with me and my hopes rose. It turned out I wasn’t actually going to be working under her, but I was to tutor her grandson.

“Why me?” I had asked. “I have no teaching qualifications.” It wasn’t that I wasn’t willing, but it felt weird that such a well-to-do lady would hire non-professional person like me to tutor her grandson, when she could have afforded the best. I had zero experience.

She just smiled and asked me to follow her. I kept right behind as she led me up the stairs, through the intimidating large and elegant abode. Once on the landing Lucinda halted abruptly at a door on the right and turned to me. Her eyes motioned me to enter, which I did apprehensively.

Opening the door, I was entered an impressive and spacious bedroom, rich with beautiful curtains, a king-sized bed, and many other comfortable accoutrements. But my wandering gaze stopped at the other end of the room at a handsome guy sitting on the couch, his pretty blond head seemingly immersed deep in a book.

I glanced back at Lucinda, looking for some clue as to what was going on. When she signalled me to approach him, I nodded gently before taking a few steps toward the couch.

Thinking he might feel my presence in the room, I waited for him to look up. But, he didn’t.

Strange. I couldn’t understand what could be SO interesting in this book he was apparently lost in? I tried in vain to peep from where I stood.

I had to get his attention somehow, so I cleared my throat uselessly. “Ahem!”

No success.

Is he deaf? He can’t be … he just can’t. Lucinda would have said, surely? I was growing more uncomfortable and shifted my weight to my other foot. In the end I decided to voice my presence.

“Hello… um …” I said in my normal tone.

YES! … WHOA! Was it just me, or were the eyes which compelled me, really that tempting. Never in my life, had I seen such attractive brown eyes. Ever. They held a hint of innocence and a distinct sparkle of love for the world. That might sound like an over exaggeration, but it was what I thought. My breathing seemed to have halted and I knew my voice might betray me, so, I settled on a small wave.

He stared back at me, but not in the eyes some reason. Then, suddenly, his face broke into a rich smile and attraction almost literally killed me.

“Ciao. Mi chiamo Luciano. Piacere di conoscerla. Come si chiama?”

“What?,” I asked. I didn’t understand a word he’d said. But before I could ask, he’d had turned back to his book. Lost in the moment, I almost jumped when a hand settled on my shoulders. I spun round to face Lucinda. She smiled sweetly and introduced the guy as Luke, her grandson, then guided me from the room.

Questions were already beginning to ask themselves. Luke’s behaviour seemed confusing and kind of strange. Why I was expected to tutor apparently of my age? And why me? That was curious, too.

I followed Mrs. Walsh walked back to the living room, whereupon I got all the explanations I needed. Her grandson, Luciano Grimaldi, a.k.a. Luke was autistic. I had read about autism, the neurodevelopmental disorder characterised by restricted and repetitive behaviors, amongst other things. But Luke met none of the things I had imagined an autistic kid to be. Luke was different, in a good way.

The fear was clear in Lucinda’s eyes, when she asked whether I would like to still be Luke’s tutor. I felt the same hint of fear. I didn’t know if I could succeed where Lucinda said many professionals had failed in trying to advance Luke’s education. But, for some reason, she had confidence in something she saw in me. Something I didn’t see myself. Something inside me changed and I felt a sudden need to take up the job and try to help Luke with his world. So, I just gave a slight nod, even though I was scared shitless of what I was gonna do.

 

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Copyright © 2012 SidLove; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

i think i has read this story before.. but don't remember where. its a great story.. the journey these two make together, the up n down. really enjoy the story. thxs n hv a great day sid ;-)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..