Jump to content
    SidLove
  • Author
  • 1,174 Words
  • 2,162 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>

Comforting Love - 6. Chapter 6

6

 

I began spending more and more time with Luke and my friends disliked the sudden change. I’d begun to drift away from my closest friends, and I didn’t want to lose them. So, when they suggested a get together, I was eager. Maddie, a cheerful, petite girl did such a good job of emotional blackmail I had to agree. It was so funny, because even she knew she’s useless at it. But, still, she was trying, even though her boyfriend Hunter, also one of my best friends, was imitating her.

Hilarious!

My best buddy, Tony, was beginning to think he was being replaced. I knew it wasn’t the case, because he and Luke had distinct places in my heart. But he didn’t get it, fuming that us two hanging out seemed like long lost history. Which was true, and which I felt bad for. I had been so eager to go to Luke every day I didn’t notice i was neglecting my friends. Maddie and Hunter understood, though they said they missed me. It was Tony who was bothered about it.

School year was over and we were waiting on results. So I’d spend hours at the mansion just spending time with him, watching TV or random DVDs. We even planned official book reading time whenever Lily brought a new set of books for Luke. Eventually we even began chilling at Al’s diner, or at Java, because I enjoyed any time I spent with him. I just loved hearing him laugh. It was so natural, so rich, and I was so captivated by it I made a point of keeping him laughing. He always said I was such a goof, and I’d grin at that. Like now, we were having coffee with Lily and I just blurted out a comical movie reference making Luke laugh hard. Lily giggled too, between sips, and I just watched Luke, fixated.

There had been numerous times I’d tried to tell him about my feelings, but I chickened out at the last minute. Hell! I didn’t even know if he was gay … though I was sure I had seen the same attraction in him and that kept me hopeful. I glanced at my watch and almost cursed at how late I was! But, thankfully, I didn’t. Not just because of Lily. Luke didn’t like it. He’d remind swearing is bad and I shouldn’t use bad language.

So, instead I said, “I am getting late. I am so sorry Luke but I have to go now.”

“So soon?” Luke pouted, and I gave him a sad apologetic smile.

“Luke, Noah has his own life. He can’t always be with you.” Lily explained to him.

“I am really sorry Luke. My friends have organised a movie night, and I couldn’t refuse. You know I love spending time with you.”

“Yes. I know.” He nodded. “I am coming with you.”

“Luke!” Lily’s shocked outburst made him lower his eyes even more. I raised a hand to let her know I was fine with it. I tried to reason with him.

“Luke, I am going with friends. I wouldn’t want you to feel out of place.”

“I am your friend too. You will be with me. I won’t feel out of place.” Luke said timidly, with his head as low as it would go. I sighed.

Lily began to scold him, but I stopped her again and relented. “But, I need to be sure that you’ll be comfortable being with my friends, Luke. You’ve never met them before.” I wanted to be sure he was able to consider the possibilities, because, actually I saw that it could maybe do some good.

I swear I had never seen Luke wear that width of a grin before, and it delighted me, no end. I had a harder time convincing Lily, but she gave in the end, knowing I would do everything in my power to protect Luke.

Luke was very excited as we drove to the movie theatre. The trio, Maddie, Hunter, and Tony, had arrived before us, and, surprisingly, Luke smiled at them. Maddie and Hunter were really good and welcomed him. Tony, on the other hand, didn’t seem too happy. Luke offered his hand with a smile.

“He-hey T-T-Tony”

“Hey L L L Luke” Tony mocked making me wince when he snickered. I saw Luke’s smile dissipate under Tony’s teasing, so, I asked him to cut it out.

Tony clenched his jaw but apologized to Luke, claiming that he was just kidding. “Sheesh! Can’t I even joke now?,” he snapped. I couldn’t believe Tony could be such a jerk to someone as kind and innocent as Luke. Hunter got the tickets, we grabbed some snacks, and we all headed in without another word.

Tony needed to realize what he’d done was unforgivable, so I ignored him through the entire movie, keeping my focus on the screen and Luke, feeding him popcorn. It was an action film, and the volume was affecting Luke. His hands shook too much to even hold a single piece of popcorn. I can’t deny I was enjoying it, especially when my fingers would feel his warm mouth or touch his tongue. I was getting really keyed up.

Somewhere in the middle of the movie, Luke wanted something to drink so we headed out. I thought he was right behind me when I ordered two sodas. I paid and turned to hand one to Luke. But he wasn’t there. I freaked out, frantically searching around to see where he’d gone. Thinking he might have gone back inside, I went back in to the theater. My heart skipped a beat when I saw his empty seat. When Maddie and Hunter said he hadn’t returned my hands went numb I dropped the drinks in panic. I sprinted back out into the lobby. I bolted around crazily, asking everyone, but no one had seen him. Increasingly panicked, I moved on down the lobby. As I was passing a door ‘STORE-ROOM’ sign I heard horrible murmurings and sobbing. I stopped dead, and listened. I was sure it sounded like Luke, so I opened the door to find a devastated Luke in a small, dark, janitor’s room. He was huddled in a corner on the floor, murmuring my name repetitively between agonizing sobs.

In shock I helped him up and hugged him, soothing him with gentle shushes to calm him down. But, instead he started wailing like a child in my arms. I had never seen him cry before and his cries broke my heart into million pieces. But when I thought about it, I got mad, too. I pushed him back and held him by his arms, and looked as directly at his eyes as I could. “Who did this to you Luke? I swear I’ll kill him. Who was it?” He kept sobbing, but I kept asking, and eventually the tears subsided and Luke sniffled as he tried speaking for naming his offender.

“T T Tony.”

 

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Copyright © 2012 SidLove; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..