Jump to content
    Sovereign
  • Author
  • 1,629 Words
  • 854 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My friend Kevin - 4. Chapter 4

I spent the night there, completely doting upon Kevin and taking care of everything inthe way of food. I didn't mind, he would have done the same if not more for me.

I did manage to make him go to school, because I knew that our class would be supportive of him when they noticed that he wasn't feeling great. They were wonderful people, almost all of them. Our class wasn't that big, only fifteen people, so we had more time to spend with all of them, thus we didn't have as clear groups which the other classes had. You know, the jocks, the preppy girls, the nerds, while they existed in our class, we all could hang out with each other without it being weird.

The ride to school was quiet. I could tell that Kevin was nervous. I would be too, if I had gotten that note. Kevin had never done anything wrong, he was the last person I ever thought would get that kind of note. I had tried to convince him that it was just some lowlife with no better use of their time that had sent the note just to be a general jackass. He acted like he believed me, but I didn't even know if I believed me.

School started off with art class, like all tuesdays. It was nice, because I knew Kevin. He loved drawing even more than I did, and he sure as hell was more skilled than me with my stupid doodles. I could draw funny things, but Kevin was better at actual art. You know, the kind you could make money from. His style was very abstract and surreal, and sometimes even confusing to look at, but always well made.

Miss Aire was a lovely techer. A very tall woman, seriously tall. I bet she was close to 190 cm. She wasn't native but she had been born in Hawaii, and I can't imagine what it must be like growing up at least a foot taller than everyone else. Like, Airezilla. She was a kind, even thought slightly hyper woman.

She was always super excited about whatever her students made in art class, which was nice. It was like a constant self esteem boost, because she praised you in the right way, not the way that some people do that makes it obvious that they actually think you suck. But she kept track of all her students and their progress, which was pretty darn impressive. That's a lot of progress to keep track of.

Kevin seemed to relax during art class and he even spent some time talking to Nora. While Kevin was good, Nora was always a few levels above in art. Mainly because she was so intent on being the best in the class in art, English and music. It could be annoying at times, because if she made something she wasn't proud over, even if it still was pretty awesome, she could get choked up if you praised it. So whenever she wasn't happy with something, it was best to steer clear of that subject.

"Kevvie, where were you yesterday? Timmy went out to call you and then he went POOF so I had no idea, and then both your cellphones were turned off." She looked at us with confusion in her eyes, because she was always on top of things, she didn't like not knowing what her friends were up to.

"I wasn't feeling too well cupcake, Timmy came to my rescue." She laughed lightly.

"Timothy, the knight in shining armour!"

"Exactly." Kevin smiled, and I did too. It felt nice to see him happier after yesterday.

"Did you get some kind of stomach thingie? I get stomach thingies time to time, it's HORRIBLE." She almost collapsed with a groan onto the table just to show how horrible it was, before perking right back up with a smile.

"Yes, I guess you could say that." Kevins' smile was twitching. God, he was such an awful liar. I guess that comes with being like, the most honest and truthful person, ever. Nora narrowed her eyes, leaning forward slowly, trying to decipher the look on Kevin's face. Don't ask more questions, don't.. Then she leaned back with a smile and patted his head.

"Silly you, it's 'cause you don't eat well." Thank god that Nora was about as good at spotting liars as your average three-year old. She was a very trusting person, and even if she had thought that Kevin was lying, she'd most likely let it slide. She prefers thinking that everyone is telling the truth, or she gets kind of twitchy and paranoid.

"Is Philip still sick?" I decided to change the course of the conversation and Nora pouted.

"Yeees and it's so annoying! I miss him, like, a lot."

"Why don't you go visit him?" The look on her face was one of utter surprise and realization, and if we hadn't been in class, I think she would have bolted to the bus.

"YES! I can buy his favourite chocolate."

"And not try to eat it all, cupcake." Kevin smiled lightly and she laughed, nodding while rubbing the back of her head embaressedly. God, why were my closest friends such sweet maniacs?

"I'll try, but I ain't making no promises!" She slammed her fist against the table which made some people turn their heads just to check what she was up to now. The three of us laughed whole-heartedly as she continued her act, standing up on the chair to proclaim her new promise of never ever eating someone else's candy, like a president promising low taxes.

The rest of the day went by as though nothing had ever happened, same with the rest of the week. By friday we were both convinced that it was really just some lowlife that had too little to do with their time. But while Kevin was ready to let it go, I was still determinded to find out who had sent him that note. Because it just wasn't right.

You can't just play with people's fears like that. It isn't right.

My suspicions went everywhere. From Eric, to the Social Science classes, to the rest of the school and even the teachers. But I dismissed the teachers pretty quickly, because while some were asses and idiots, most of them were great, and I don't think they'd risk their reputation or their career just to send off such a vicious letter.

But Eric and the rest of the school were still my prime suspects. Even though I had a hard time believing that Eric was that bad of a guy. Sure, a jerk, but he couldn't possibly be that bad, could he? In any case, I was going to get to the bottom of this.

I started talking to the other people in our class, discretely asking about rumours, trying to figure out who could possibly feel the need to threaten Kevin.

"W-what?!" Therese stared at me with her mouth and eyes wide open. "Someone THREATENED our sweetest lil' Kevi-pevi?" God, Kevin had such an array of nicknames.

"Yeah, sort of. But don't tell him I've asked you, he'd just get all upset again, and he's been upset enough." She put a hand in front of her mouth, having realized how loud she had been.

Therese was nice, even though she was.. Very girly. Her black hair was almost entirely brushed over to one side of her head, then twisted into a braid that was resting against her shoulder and chest. She wore heavy makeup around her eyes and always the biggest earrings she could possibly find. She never wore the same clothes twice, which at times was incredibly fascinating. How big was her closet?

"O-oh, no, I won't tell anyone." That meant she'd for sure tell Lisa, but I knew that already, those two shared everything with each other, but beyond that it was rare for them to gossip.

"Good. But do you know anyone who'd be enough of an ass to do this?"

"N.. No, I can't say I do. You know, like, perhaps the PE specialized class, you know, they're all so manly men, but I haven't heard anything like them hating our little Kevi-pevi." God what an obnoxious nickname she had picked for Kevin. I sighed softly and ran a hand through my hair, looking at the floor.

"Timmy, you know I'd help if I could, right?" She looked up at me with sad eyes, she did seem genuinely upset about the ordeal that Kevin had gone through. To think that a few cut out letters could have such an impact on a person. It had an impact on me, and the letter wasn't even for my eyes. It was for Kevins.

"I know Therese, I know. It's not like I think anyone in our class has done this."

"I don't know.. Eric.."

"No, Kevin believes in Eric."

"But.."

"He believes in him. I have to have faith in Kevin. If he thinks Eric didn't do it, then I have to trust him. At least until I get reason not to." I ran both hands through my hair, heaving a sigh. This was all just so complicated. Therese put a hand on my shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright, okay? You'll find whoever sent it. And if I hear anything, I'll be sure to tell you." She smiled in an attempt to reassure me, but it was a feeble attempt. My mind was heavy with conspiracy theories.

"I just don't know where to start."

"Hey, you know, you're already like, starting, so that's good, no?" I chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I have started."

And I will finish.

Copyright © 2012 Sovereign; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Not much to go on to help Timothy find the culprit. sceptic.gif I take it that you're not going to involve the "authorities"?

Kevi-pevi lmaosmiley.gif

Link to comment

I really like where this is going, the mystery is going to be fun to watch be unraveled. I can't wait to see what methods Timothy uses to try and find the culprit.

Link to comment

It's great that Timmy is taking such an interest in finding this kid. I hope it's not leaving him wide open to getting hurt either.

 

I think the culprit will strike again when he thinks that Kevin forgot about the first note. I don't know.

 

Looking forward to more.

Link to comment
On 12/14/2012 12:21 PM, Conner said:
Not much to go on to help Timothy find the culprit. sceptic.gif I take it that you're not going to involve the "authorities"?

Kevi-pevi lmaosmiley.gif

Indeed, Timmy won't have an easy time finding out who did it.
Link to comment
On 12/15/2012 04:20 AM, layla said:
I really like where this is going, the mystery is going to be fun to watch be unraveled. I can't wait to see what methods Timothy uses to try and find the culprit.
Timothy is a smart guy, I'm sure he'll come up with something ;D
Link to comment
On 12/15/2012 05:23 AM, Lisa said:
It's great that Timmy is taking such an interest in finding this kid. I hope it's not leaving him wide open to getting hurt either.

 

I think the culprit will strike again when he thinks that Kevin forgot about the first note. I don't know.

 

Looking forward to more.

The power of friends, my dear Lisa. And be patient, the next chapter is awaiting approval.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..