Jump to content

Revealed

   (1 review)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

There are small secrets and big ones. Those revealed by chance and those revealed on purpose, in part or in whole. Then there are the secrets you keep from yourself, the ones that surprise and threaten. The ones that may change or destroy you.

Arran is studying art, he has a girlfriend and a best friend, his parents are separated, but life is fine. Until an art project pairs him with Tom. What is it that intrigues him and pushes him towards something that will change everything. 

p style="text-align:center;"> This story is complete in eleven chapters publishing every couple of days.

Follow the story to get notified of new chapters, follow me, the author, to know when I publish something new (rather less frequent!).

Comments, likes, reviews, are always welcome encouragement.

Enjoy!

Copyright © 2020 Talo Segura; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 2,044 Words
    • 95,581 Views
    • 5 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 1,996 Words
    • 74,674 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 2,002 Words
    • 16,375 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 2,517 Words
    • 1,917 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 2,909 Words
    • 2,043 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 3,052 Words
    • 1,841 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 2,660 Words
    • 1,760 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 2,308 Words
    • 1,641 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 2,503 Words
    • 1,766 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 2,178 Words
    • 1,809 Views
    • 5 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 2,703 Words
    • 1,808 Views
    • 8 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Marty

· Edited by Marty

  

@Talo Segura definitely knows how to weave a tale. And this one is certainly no exception. It's a story I would happily recommend to anyone looking for something slightly different to the standard teen romance, especially if you're not really looking for lots of explicit sex.

In eleven short chapters, and less than 27,000 words, the author not only leads us into a tale of several intrigues, but also manages to basically unravel them all by the end.

Skilfully done!

Synopsis (could possibly include a few spoilers):

Spoiler

The main protagonist, Arran Taylor, finds himself questioning where his relationship with Alison, his long time girlfriend, is exactly leading. He also finds himself intrigued by Tom Rustle, a fellow art student who moved to the college part way through the previous year. But Arran doesn't understand why he finds Tom intriguing. After all, they have never actually spoken to each other.

Arran's parents are separated and he lives with his father, simply because his father lives closer to college than his mother does. Arran has got used to being from a broken home and hasn't even considered questioning why his parents separated in the first place.

When Arran and Tom are paired together for an Art project, Arran finds Tom to be almost impossible to get to know. He appears to be a loner, and seems reluctant to divulge any information about himself. Although we do eventually find out that Tom may be gay, something that, much to Arran's apparent confusion, Tom isn't prepared to either admit or deny.

As the college term progresses, Arran slowly finds out a few bits of information about his art project partner. For instance, he is also from a single parent household, in his case living with his mother; he is a cousin of Vicky, one of Alison's long time best friends; and Arran finds out that Tom may have been bullied at his last school, plus it appears he may also be being bullied in the new neighbourhood that he and his mum have moved to. But he also finds himself getting more and more frustrated at just how difficult it proves trying to get any information out of Tom, himself.

Arran finds out that his father is apparently seeing a woman, and appears to be being somewhat secretive about it. But he does have a suspicion that this woman may be a good bit younger than his father. And it doesn't help that his best friend, Mark, has recently become much more involved in his relationship with his girlfriend, Jennifer, another long time friend of Alison's. So Mark isn't giving Arran the attention that he feels he should be getting from his best friend, and seems almost dismissive of Arran's concerns.

Towards the end of term, shortly before the time for Arran and Tom to give their Art presentation in class - a presentation that will involve several naked drawings and paintings of Tom against an industrial background - Arran is rudely awakened one morning by the police hammering on the front door of his house looking for his dad.

There could be a few readers feeling  a little unsure as to the final outcome of a couple of the subplots.  But, personally, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Just as so often happens in real life, not everything in a novel can be expected to end completely tidily. Indeed, a story that leaves some things unanswered could perhaps sometimes be considered better, if only because it leaves readers free to imagine for themselves what might have happened after the story's ending.

@Talo Segura has already said that he is already writing a sequel to this story. If and when that ever gets revealed to us, it will give us readers a chance to see if our own imaginations match the author's.  For myself, I'll be particularly interested in finding out what happens with the two main characters.

Response from the author:

Thank you Marty, for a great review. I hope the sequel will be an equally good read. I do so enjoy weaving all the different strands together and I learn a lot from what readers say!

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..