Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 3,041 Words
  • 326 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Gender Bender in a Blue Blender - 10. Chapter 10- No More Niada

An eight-year-old Adain glared at his cousin Beatrice as she became increasingly clingy with his best friend. They were playing on the sidewalk in front of Grandpa's house. The tiny Warlock had more family members than he could count on his fingers, but that girl became number one on his blacklist. She'd effectively kept Talon away from Aid all day. But the last straw was when she rose on the tips of her toes and planted one big, squishy kiss on the blond boy's cheek.

Adain began to mutter under his breath as he glared at the area above his female cousin's head. He felt rather pleased with himself when he saw a dark little raincloud forming over her. Then, water began to rain down on Beatrice's pigtails, and she shrieked, running back inside the house. He couldn't help but laugh when the rain cloud followed her right inside, and she wailed.

"Adain, that wasn't very nice," Talon chided when he rushed over to him. "Warlocks only use their spells for good."

"It's just a little water," Adain countered. "Besides, it's gone now. I can't make the cloud for very long."

"Yeah, but you can't do that to everyone you don't like. You'll get caught!"

"Fine, whatever." Aid admitted with a sigh. "But only if you stop letting people kiss your cheek."

"But you never even kiss me on the cheek," Talon replied in confusion. "Why's it matter if someone else does?"

"It just does!"

"If you say so," the blond conceded with a sigh.

Adain slid his hands into his back pockets as he kicked a tiny pebble down the sidewalk. "Anyone kiss you on the lips before?"

"No. You?"

Adain pressed his lips to Talon's in a firm kiss, which surprised them both. "I have now." He grinned when he saw the blush that overtook his bestie's face.

::

"You should tell him."

As Adain stirred awake, he tried to make out the voices he heard. That first one had to be Rosie.

"He's your cousin!"

That one was definitely Talon.

"But, you're the one that lives with him now; he should hear it from you."

Rosie again? Or Avery?

"Why do I have the strangest déjà vu I've had a similar conversation before?"

Heavy eyelids slowly fluttered open when Adain decided he couldn’t take the bickering anymore. He wondered if what he'd seen before was a childhood dream or a lost memory. As the Warlock slowly took a deep breath, he felt a lightness on his chest that he hadn't felt in weeks. That thought alone startled him the rest of the way awake. He immediately patted his chest with his hands and breathed a sigh of relief and bittersweetness.

No more 'Niada.' His fingers trailed along the rainbow bracelets he'd kept. Losing his other form made him feel a bit sad. Was it because he had lost his last viable excuse to wear and use feminine things? Why did he think he even needed a reason in the first place?

No one was genuinely stopping him from wearing or using whatever he wanted. Being effeminate or drawn to feminine things didn't make him weak. Witches were even more powerful than Warlocks overall. One would think that after all his family had been through, he'd stop worrying about such small things. But, a part of him was still hesitant to be so bold. He'd have to keep working on it since he no longer wanted to allow other people to weigh in on his desires, even if they were as small as wanting to wear girly things now and then.

After a stretch, Adain looked around and noticed that he was in his room. He'd woken up on his own bed. The family that surrounded him seemed to be busy eating the snacks he'd hidden inside the corner cabinet in the kitchen.

"You're finally awake, my fellow PinkBlack fan?" Avery prompted from somewhere on his left.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"What you really want to know is what day it is, and it's Sunday," Rosie supplied. She was seated at his desk chair.

Fuck! Sunday? "I've slept for how long?"

"Forty hours or so? You've missed Saturday completely." Rosie added. "Curses can do that to you. You pass out when someone casts one on you and pass out again when it's dispelled."

"But I don't remember sleeping for that long the first time," Adain grumbled as he bemoaned, missing out on a perfect Saturday.

"We've all been through such an ordeal; it's to be expected, right?" A familiar voice chimed in, one that had always been vivid in Aid's childhood memories. Adain felt his breath catch in his throat. Was he hallucinating again, or had they found and rescued his mother from the clutches of his grandmother's poltergeist?

Luckily, he didn't have to pinch himself to find out because Shay walked right in from the doorway and sat beside him on the bed. "How's my baby boy feeling?" She asked softly. Her hands trembled as they hovered over his raven hair, but she pushed past the hesitation and carded her fingers through her son's hair. Most of her complexion had returned, but her once copper hair remained the same dull peach color. A reminder of what she'd lost.

Aid's tears rolled down his cheek as he glomped onto her tightly. "Mom!"

Though she initially tensed at the touch, Shay forced herself to continue to rake her fingers through Adain's hair. "I'm really here," she affirmed gently, but she didn't know whether she was trying to comfort her son or herself. Shay was still trying to overcome the shock and despair of having lost ten years of her life and everyone else moving on without her. "I'm so sorry," She whispered.

"You're sorry? You were the one that was stuck there for years, and we hadn't even realized it…." Adain countered but was shushed by his mother.

"The only ones who were truly at fault here were the Laeramen," Shay insisted. "They used their power and influence to lure Mondra Oleah to the caves where they abused and murdered her. Who wouldn't have turned into a poltergeist after that?"

"We have to tell Nikoal-" Adain gasped, only to be interrupted by Talon then.

"She knows. Her father woke up from his coma, and the two began to enact changes immediately." the blond explained. "He's the only Laeraman that survived, so no one's complained about his temporarily passing her the torch, so to speak. I bet she'll be named the first Laerawoman in no time."

"The girls!" Adain prompted as he glanced at Rosie and Avery. "What about the years they sacrificed in exchange?"

"Listen, we're Witches," Avery responded. "We all have the potential to live to 100. So, what's 5 years if it means we can spend 55 more years in the company of Aunt Shay?"

Adain closed his mouth after that.

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

"Thank you." He whispered with feeling. As much as they cared about one another, it still filled him with immense gratitude that his family would go that far to help one of their own.

"No need for any of that," Rosie dismissed. "We all missed Aunt Shay, too."

"And I'm ever so glad to be back," Shay admitted. The crack in her voice spoke volumes about her emotions, as well. "I didn't realize how much time had passed. I just wanted to prevent as many deaths as possible. Oleah refused to believe me when I tried to explain how big of an area her curse had encompassed."

"If it weren't for you, our family members would have been next on the chopping block!" Avery declared as she motioned with her hand as if someone were slitting her throat.

"Believe me, their lives are worth more than a missed prom or graduation," Adain insisted.

"Still, I've missed so much! Prom and your first graduation.' Shay gasped, tears falling from her eyes. The next thing Adain knew, he was smothered in her embrace as if her desperation surpassed her initial hesitation. "But I refuse to miss your wedding! Will you be the one wearing the white tux?"

"What do you mean by that, Mom?" Aid questioned as he struggled to get out of her grasp. He sighed with relief when she finally released him.

"You are marrying Talon, right?" His mother clarified.

The young man's mouth dropped open. "What? When did this happen? How long was I really asleep?"

"Not right now!" Shay chided. However, a part of her was relieved that her son reacted the same as before despite being much older. "But, I've seen the way he's been taking care of you. So, I hope it leads to the one life event I haven't yet missed."

"Oh," Aid responded. "I mean…we just barely became a thing? We still need to graduate from Uni before making that kind of decision."

"Agreed," Talon added, despite sporting the widest smirk Adain had ever seen on his face. "But don't worry, Mrs. Calistro. I'll get him to propose to me sooner or later."

"But Adain would look best in a baby blue tux!" Avery complained.

"Wouldn't white look better on Talon?" Rosie commented.

The family continued to converse and argue from morning until late afternoon. Adain counted more smiles in his apartment than he'd seen in years. Everyone was more relaxed, as well, even the studious Rosie. Then, gradually, the rest of the men in their family came over to pick up their wives and daughters. Finally, it was time for Adain's parents to return to his grandpa's house.

"We have plenty of time now," Shay Calistro reminded, but the nervous smile on her face spoke volumes about how anxious she was to get to know her young adult son. "I'm not going anywhere."

Adain himself found it difficult to physically let her go. With a dramatic sigh, he finally released her. "Love you, Mom," Adain told her as he stood back.

"Love you, too, sweetheart," She responded with more confidence and conviction than anything else she'd previously said. "No amount of time or curses could ever change that."

"What about us?" His grandpa whined, a sentiment that was seconded by Adain's dad. "Yeah!"

"You already know I love you guys," Adain countered. "Just take good care of Mom."

"We will," Adam Calistro agreed, earring him a kiss on the cheek from his wife.

"More like vice-versa," his mother teased her spouse. "Gotta make sure all their memories are intact."

Adain sent one last mournful look towards his parents before heading back inside. He then gave Talon a warm hug. "Tell me all this wasn't just a dream," he pleaded.

"Most definitely not a dream," The blond replied as he returned the hug. "We found your mom, helped your grandma find peace, and she uncursed you in thanks."

"And I slept through an entire Saturday!" Adain groaned. "What a waste!"

"We came out relatively unscathed," Talon countered. "If that was the worst that happened, I'm all for it."

"Right. Are you sure you're not going to miss my other form?" Adain questioned with narrowed eyes. "I distinctly remember just how intense some of your kisses to 'Niada' were."

Instead of answering, Talon tugged Adain towards him and kissed him without reservation. Unlike the previous times when he pulled away after their making out became heated, he didn't stop. The next thing Adain knew, he pressed his back against the door. One of Talon's hands slipped under his shirt, leaving a heated trail up his torso until the blond slid his thumb beneath one of Adain's nipples. But the other hand made Aid yelp into the blond's mouth when it slipped into his pants and wrapped around his flesh. Without hesitation, Talon gave it a few firm strokes, and the Warlock's attention was suddenly split between the appendage in his mouth and those hands.

Fuck. Adain's knees nearly gave out on him. Had he been wrong about heated kisses and weak knees again? This was all the other man's fault or, rather, Talon's talented tongue. Aid didn't even realize when he began desperately sucking on it. He felt a little jolt when the blond's thumb smeared the precum along the head of his shaft. With a shuddering gasp, Adain allowed himself to slide down the door, his shirt hiking up his back. But the taller man tugged him close once more until he was plastered against the front of Talon's body.

"You were holding back this entire time, you asshole," Adain hissed into his ear as his fingers clung tightly to the blond's shoulders.

"Yes, I have. How else could I have gotten you to believe me? For me, it's never mattered what form you take." Talon confessed. "Aid, I've fallen for you since we were thirteen, possibly even before that. Have you even the slightest idea how badly I've wanted to pound you into your king-sized bed for the last several years?"

Adain gulped hard. He hadn't ever imagined that specific thought in the past. But he was definitely on board with it now. "Hey, let me hit the shower first this time," he urged, squirming until his feet were firmly on the ground again. He then released Talon's shoulders and patted them in sympathy. He hadn't meant to grasp them so tightly. "Then we can meet back up on my bed- I mean, in my room. We'll reconvene in my room."

Talon would have laughed at Adain's flustered antics but agreed to wait his turn. The imp didn't take that long. So, a while after, the blond was also cleaned and changed. He hesitated at the door to Adain's room, but Aid opened it before he even knocked.

"Come join me on my bed!"

Talon rubbed his face. Now he was seeing and hearing things? He must have been walloped on the head and was knocked out hard. In all of his daydreamed scenarios, he'd never envisioned those exact words coming out of his best friend's mouth. "Shit, now I'm the one that fell asleep and is dreaming…."

"This isn't a dream!" Adain huffed as he reached over to pinch Talon's arm.

"Ow!"

"You see? I'm serious," Adain insisted before giving Talon the most enormous puppy eyes he could muster. "You coming?"
Just about, the blond thought as he allowed Adain to lead him in by the hand. What did Adain want him there for if this wasn't a hallucination? His eyes widened when the imp dug through his drawer and tossed several lubrication packets onto the bed.

"Listen," Adain began. "I know we've just been through hell and back. And I really am sorry I didn't realize any of this sooner. But I want you to know that it didn't matter what version of me it was. All of me was, and still is, in total agreement…I love and desire you, too."

"You're telling me that after tossing those on the bed?" Talon teased with a raise of a brow. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were sweet-talking me just to get into my pants."

"You know what," Adain huffed in response. "I didn't even know I wasn't as straight as I thought until recently, let alone harboring any buried feelings for you…."

"Buried feelings?"

"I think I got back a memory I'd lost when we were kids…Beatrice had been clinging all over you and kissed you on the cheek-"

"And you rained literal hell down on her. I remember that very clearly," Talon mused. "Our first kiss."

"You remember?" Adain questioned as his blue eyes widened. "So it really did happen! Why didn't you ever talk to me about it?"

"I tried every once in a while over the years. After hearing the same 'what are you talking about, I haven't even had a first kiss yet' answer, I realized it wasn't denial but true forgetfulness."

"So, when I kissed you as Niada…that really hadn't been my first kiss!" Adain concluded. "I kissed you first twice!"

"I think you've confused the hell out of my heart ever since then."

"Can you blame me?" Adain scoffed. "When you were a kid, you were smaller, cuter, and girlier looking than any of my cousins!"

"Is that why you kissed me? Because I looked like a girl?" Talon probed.

"No! But, now you know how I felt about you kissing Niada," Adain countered. "Damn. Does this mean we both gender-bent one another without realizing it?"

Talon opened his mouth to refute it but paused. The two of them awkwardly stared at one another for a more extended silence than expected. Then, the blond finally spoke. "I don't really think it matters," he stated. "I've fallen for the kid you, the teen you, the adult you, and even the female you. In the end, all of them were you."

"I really did like you when we were kids," Adain responded. "I don't know how it manifested into denial during all those years in between, but I really do care for you as you are now."

A warm smile formed on Talon's face. "As far as confessions and declarations of love go," he commented. "I think we did way better this time than when we were seated on the floor of the dusty warded room."

"Hey!" Adain huffed. "I really thought we were either gonna die or my memories would be gone for good!"

"I couldn't be more glad none of that happened."

The Warlock's gaze fell back to the packets of lube he'd tossed on his bed. "Seeing as how we've verified that our feelings are mutual…."

"Ha," Talon replied. "What if I told you we should save it til marriage?"

"You can't be serious."

Talon stood up straight and folded his arms over his chest. "Try me."

Adain's mouth dropped open in shock. "Are you freaking kidding me?" He glanced from his bed to Talon and back again. Then, with a deep breath, he slipped his hands into the side pockets of his pajamas and pouted. "Then, when are we getting hitched?"

The Warlock had never seen his best friend smile as brightly as he did just then.

Copyright © 2022 Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

6 hours ago, VBlew said:

Great chapter. Will Talon be wearing white for the wedding? 

They both sort of do. You'll see in the next chap.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..