Jump to content
    Tim Hobson
  • Author
  • 576 Words
  • 1,304 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Squire's Tale - Prologue. Prologue

The three travelers on the Qantas flight from Melbourne to New York sat in silence in the business class lounge of the Airbus A380.

Finally, Harold Smith-Tawes spoke, “That’s quite a story, Bill... I think I have known one or two priests like Peter Ruxton.”

“And I’ve met a few who should have done what he did,” Charles Rolfe added.

Bill Martin smiled. “Well, like Harold, I won’t reveal how much of my story is based on real-life...”

 

The flight attendant came into the deserted bar.

“I’m sorry, gentlemen, but you’ll need to return to your seats. We are about thirty minutes out, and we’ll need to prepare the cabin for landing in Los Angeles.”

As the three men rose, Freddie added, “From the snatches I overheard of the first two stories, I’d love to hear the whole things.”

They all smiled and finished their drinks. They shook his hand and thanked him for providing them with the ideal spot to share their tales. Everyone tipped him generously, using their own currency.

“Thanks, mates. I go to all these countries on my international flights.”

 

The landing at LAX was uneventful. They proceeded through US Customs and were soon reunited in the waiting lounge for the second long leg of their journey.

“I believe it’s your turn to tell a story, Rolfe,” Harold said with a smile, as they settled down into comfortable seats.

“It had better be good,” Bill kidded.

“Oh, I think you gents will find it very stimulating.” Rolfe grinned wickedly.

Bill laughed. “Can’t wait.”

 

Once they were onboard the A380 and the fasten seat-belts light was turned off, Harold rang for the flight attendant.

“Yes, sir?” It was not the same man who had served them on as they crossed the Pacific.

“Oh, I say. We were wondering if we could sit in the bar lounge up front. We were in the midst of a long conversation, and we’d like to continue it, if possible.”

The flight attendant chuckled. “Freddie, your previous flight attendant, told me all about your racy ‘tales along the way.’ I can’t guarantee no one else will want a drink, or that the captain won’t turn on the fasten seat belts light, but there’s a quiet corner of the bar where you can sit, and I’ll do my best to keep it private for you.”

“Thank you, my good man.” Harold nodded to the other two. “Shall we, gentlemen?”

“I just wish I could sit with you three and hear at least one of your bawdy stories.”

“Oh, I have an idea about that,” Bill Martin winked at him. “Maybe we’ll have some news for you before we land in New York.”

When they were seated with two drinks apiece, Rolfe straightened in his chair and regarded the other two men with a serious expression.

“First of all, I need to make it absolutely clear that the young men in my story are all of legal age, at least here in the States—meaning they are 18 or older. I wouldn’t want there to be any notion that I’m talking about ankle biters or rug rats! Also, they use protection whenever it’s possible to do so. In the rare instances when it’s not available, they are as careful as they can be under the circumstances.”

“Understood,” Bill replied. “And now that you’ve got us both very interested, please tell the tale.”

“With pleasure, mates.”

Here we go! I hope you enjoy the ride. 😃
Copyright © 2022 Tim Hobson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 6
Thank you for reading. I hope you are enjoying my story. I welcome your comments, likes, follows, recommends, and DMs.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

8 hours ago, drsawzall said:

One wonders just what the Squire gets up or into???

All will be answered in due time. I promise it will be worth the wait.

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

And they're off. But to where and with whom? Hopefully Rolfe's story draws us all in, and he doesn't have to resort to playing a bar piano to entertain us.

miss piggy chicken GIF

 

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

And they're off. But to where and with whom? Hopefully Rolfe's story draws us all in, and he doesn't have to resort to playing a bar piano to entertain us.

miss piggy chicken GIF

 

It should be an exciting ride.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Not sure why/how I missed this getting posted. (Maybe cuz my life is like that ride at the amusement park where you stand in a circular room, it spins around at the speed of light and then the floor drops out from under you?)

Anyway. Great start to yet another intriguing tale. Can't wait to see where you lead us with this one!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Good start!   I wonder what "good news" Bill Martin will have for the flight attendant when they reach New York City.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..