Jump to content
    WesleyC
  • Author
  • 908 Words
  • 1,360 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dealing with Life - 4. Chapter 4

Stephan waited anxiously for his mother to come in. He had always gotten along well with his parents, but he was uncertain how they would deal with this latest twist. He could feel himself start to tremble just thinking about it. Just as he was on the verge of panic, Tyler picked up his hand and smiled down on him. It was like a ray of sunshine piercing through the darkness. His fears fled in an instant.

 

“You don’t have to face this alone, Steph. I am not going anywhere unless you wish to be alone with your mother.”

 

“Are you sure? This could get a bit touchy. Don’t get me wrong, I would love for you to stay. It’s just that it will probably get uncomfortable.” Stephan took a deep breath as he felt the fear stir inside.

 

“Your going to tell her, aren’t you?” At Stephan’s nod, Tyler said, “All the more reason for me to be here. Steph, I love you and don’t want to see you get hurt anymore. I also want to be by your side when you are facing something difficult. Everyone needs some moral support at times. Please let me be that for you.”

 

Stephan smiled sadly. “Well, I won’t tell you I am not scared shitless, but I do welcome the support.”

 

A few moments later they heard a quiet knock at the door as Stephan’s mom poked her head through the door. Stephan saw the worry in her face and felt an instant twinge of guilt.

 

Stephan smiled sadly at her and said, “Hi mom.”

 

“How do you feel? Are you in a lot of pain?” she asked.

 

“Only when someone makes me laugh!” he said glaring at Tyler accusingly. “Other than that, I guess I am not doing too bad.” He started blushing as she had reached the bed and kissed him on the forehead.

 

“Laughter is good medicine, even if it does hurt a bit” she said chuckling and winking at Tyler. Then she turned a serious look back to Stehpan and said, “Your father is out of town on a business trip, but waiting anxiously for word from me. He wanted to be here, but couldn’t get a flight back until tonight.”

 

“That’s ok. I want to talk to you both about something but it is probably better that I talk with you first.”

 

Stephan’s mom smiled warmly at Stephan as she sat in the chair next to the bed, on the opposite side as Tyler. “You know you can tell me anything. I hope you are going to explain why you gave everyone a heart attack. You know that your father and I both love you very much. If there is anything we can do to help you through this, just tell us.”

 

“Well…” Stephan started out hesitantly, “there are some things about myself that I guess I have not been dealing with very well.” He glanced at Tyler and got a nod and smile for encouragement. It was then that his mom noticed Tyler and Stephan had been holding hands since she came in. She quickly put two and two together, but waited for Stephan to tell her in his own time.

 

“Mom, I’m gay.” With that he held his breath while waiting for her reaction.

 

To his surprise, she didn’t flinch, turn away, or start yelling at him. She simply smiled, took his only free hand and said, “Stephan, who you wind up falling in love with, black, white, male, or female, is not going to change my love for you. I thought you would have learned by now that being an old hippie makes your mom a bit more open about these things than most.”

 

Stephan started breathing again, but was wracked with sobs as he felt the tension get released. With tears streaming freely once again, he said “Thanks mom. You do not know what it means to me to hear you say that.”

 

She gave him a moment to regain control, then looking at Tyler with a smile said, “So, is there something you wish to tell me about your friend here?”

 

This time she got the pleasure of seeing them both start blushing furiously.

 

“Mom! You certainly are being nosey!” Stephan laughed, then winced as he remembered the state of his body. “Ouch! If you two don’t stop making me do that, I will be forced to ask you both to leave” he said, trying not to laugh again at their attempts at innocent looks.

 

“We are working on a budding relationship, if you must know,” he said smiling.

 

“Well, I can’t think of a better young man to accept into the family. Just the little time we spent together here waiting for you to wake up has convinced me of that. It is obvious he cares a great deal for you.”

 

She noticed the two of them blushing once again. “I think now that I know you are going to be alright, I am going to go call your father and let him know. Then I am going to get some rest before I have to go pick him up at the airport. I think you are in good hands” she said, winking once again at Tyler.

 

“Thanks for being such a good mom.”

Copyright © 2011 WesleyC; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..