Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 505 Words
  • 746 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Owlcat Games, Deepsilver and Pazio <br>

Musings of a Future Baron - 6. Doubt

Wealday 21 Gozran 4710

 

A week on the road already. I found the solution to our problem with rations. We walked through the night until we got back to Oleg’s. Yes, it was a little risky, but everyone was in good shape, and eager to sleep in a real bed again. We’ll stock up today before heading out again.

Oleg came to me with another problem when we returned. It seems there is a boar the locals are calling Tuskgutter. He took a local hunter’s leg, and the man wants revenge. He’s paying pretty good for it too.

Amiri was insistent that we take on the task. It wouldn’t take us too far out of the way, and besides, she said she could take the boar’s head in one swing. I highly doubt that, but we came to help people. It’s my land. I have to remember that. I’m going to be the ruler here in a few months, and I need to make sure people are safe. Still, we already have so much to do.

Naturally I agreed to hunt down the boar with her. This seems to be a matter of some personal honour. And again, who am I to argue with someone who can wield a sword so heavy most men would break their back trying to lift it? Something tells me this is going to be more trouble than it’s worth. But it’s for a good cause.

I also returned Svetlana’s ring. Apparently it was her wedding ring, and she traded it for her virtue. Hearing that made my blood boil. How Kressle got her hands on the band is beyond me.

I was right though, there is a connection between Svetlana and Kressle. Apparently they’re half sisters, and Kressle was something of a wild child in Restov. When Oleg and Svetlana came out west, Svetlana insisted she come too, but Kressle instantly fell under the influence of the Stag Lord.

The news that I had managed to convince Kressle to leave peacefully came as a relief to Svetlana. Yes, her half sister has done terrible things, executing prisoners, torturing people under the Stag Lord’s command, but Svetlana believes she can be redeemed.

After hearing that though, I’m not so sure. Valerie would be laughing at me if she knew. Honestly, I deserve it. Kressle fed me a sob story, and I fell for it. But I feel she was sincere about not wanting to work under the Stag Lord. If I see her again, and she has not changed…

I can’t do anything about it. How could I hurt Svetlana like that? She believes Kressle can truly be redeemed. I’m sure the people Kressle has tortured would say otherwise. Who am I to decide people’s fate?

I am the future Baron. This is my life now. And I hate it. Perhaps Linzi can offer some support. She writes about heroes all the time. I’m sure one of them had to deal with things like this before. Right?

© 2020 Owlcat Games, Deepsilver and Pazio; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2021 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Owlcat Games, Deepsilver and Pazio <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..