Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 528 Words
  • 313 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Owlcat Games, Deepsilver and Pazio <br>

Musings of a Future Baron - 8. The Treant and the Boar

Fireday 23 Gozran 4710

 

We took a wrong turn somewhere. It added a good six hour walk to our journey trying to backtrack, but finally we’re sitting outside the Temple of the Elk. The fog here is unbelievable, I can barely see forty feet ahead of me. Add the dark of night to that, and… well, I’m not sure we should be heading into the temple. I hate to do it, but I’m calling the day a wash. We’ll tackle the temple tomorrow morning.

 

Starday 24 Gozran 4710

 

The temple was the center of the ritual. Not only did we have to contend with the fog, but we had to deal with summoned wolves, frogs, and a boar that was twice as big as Linzi. Beyond that, there was a treant savaging a follower of Sarenrae. We saved his life, and he offered to join us.

Oh Tristian… If I hadn’t made a solemn vow to never be involved with a religious person…

But no, so many of you are married to your religion. We would never work, and I won’t even pretend it could work.

The fog started fading with the death of the treant. Jhod will be pleased, the temple is in poor repair, but it shouldn’t be too difficult to fix it up so it may be reconsecrated to the Stag God. We even found a few divine scrolls tucked away in one of the old vestibules. Tristian should be able to use them as needed, though I am concerned with his desire to fight in melee. He has not been trained to wear armour, and fighting in close quarters in a robe is not a very wise option. If we find a crossbow in our travels, it will immediately go to him.

By the end of the fight, it was dusk, and we wasted no time in setting up camp. Finally we have someone able to stand guard at night. I will sleep more soundly with you standing guard Tristian.

 

Sunday 25 Gozran 4710

 

We took a day to camp, letting Tristian recover more fully from the wounds he sustained at the Temple of the Elk. Tomorrow, we head to Tuskgutter’s Lair.

 

Moonday 26 Gozran 4710

 

Today we witnessed Amiri truly in action. I was unable to convince her to accept our help in fighting Tuskgutter, but we stood on hand. If she fell, we would have saved her. I will not mention that to her.

But there was no need for us to worry. She took a lot of damage in the fight, but it was amazing what she did to that boar. A boar who had taken a seasoned hunter’s leg, and our barbarian made mincemeat out of him. Amiri, none can ever doubt your courage or your strength. You slew Tuskgutter in single combat, and walked proud with your injuries until we rested for the night. I am proud of you. And that you did this so you could feel as though you were officially part of our team, our tribe. I am honoured to fight by one as bold as you.

© 2020 Owlcat Games, Deepsilver and Pazio; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2021 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Owlcat Games, Deepsilver and Pazio <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..