Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 544 Words
  • 352 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Owlcat Games, Deepsilver and Pazio <br>

Musings of a Future Baron - 15. Travel Time

Sunday 9 Desnus 4710

 

We were assaulted by bandits as we readied for bed. They’re getting either bolder or more desperate, and I’m not sure which.

One of them had a Diadem of Vast Intelligence. I gifted it to Theofrid, to aid in his casting. As much as I keep insisting he’s part of the team, he still hasn’t seemed to accept it. Perhaps he needs more responsibility, to show that we really do trust him. I told him he is now in charge of our funds. If we need something, we will go to him to make sure we have the money for it. I will be watching our gold, but I feel that he can be trusted with the gold. I pray my trust is not misplaced.

 

Moonday 10 Desnus 4710

 

Amiri and Valerie got into an altercation this morning. Over embroidery. I honestly don’t understand; Valerie was mending clothing while on watch and decided to memorialize Tuskgutter’s death in stitching. Amiri took offense to that for some reason, though the scene was placed on her clothing. I settled her down by pointing out that it was like a trophy, a way to show people how strong the barbarian truly was. It seemed to placate her. For now.

Between the argument and hunting, we barely made any progress today. I will have to remind Amiri that we only need to supplement our rations, not hunt every night.

 

Toilday 11 Desnus 4710

 

Theofrid came to me with a concern today. Our rations are low again. We have enough for a full day’s march, and no more. Our only choice is to head back to Oleg’s and regroup.

 

Wealday 12 Desnus 4710

 

We’re following the Thorn River north. I have us walking through the night through more familiar territory, but it is still a risk. I will be happy when we reach the post.

 

Oathday 13 Desnus 4710

 

We made it to Thorn Ford today. Crossed with no problem. My sleep was troubled again by the burning house. Perhaps we should head to the Shrike River before the Tuskwater.

 

Fireday 14 Desnus 4710

 

Octavia greeted me with a warm smile when we arrived at the post. The poor girl actually tried to flirt with me. Is this how Keston feels around me? I sincerely hope not.

Theofrid mentioned that he took the liberty of selling off our loot today. Some eight hundred gold was added to our funds. I made sure he knew I was grateful, while also inquiring as to our rations. The gnome admitted he had forgotten to replace those, and scurried off to rectify the mistake.

We rest in bed tonight, recover, and then head out tomorrow for the Shrike River.

 

Desnus 14 4710

 

I almost blew it today. How could I forget food? It would have ruined our next expedition.

A month in a strange land. A month far from the comforts of civilization. I pray we finish soon. I will do what I can to hasten our victory. To that end, I picked up more material for the jewelled rice the party seems to enjoy. With luck, we will reach our goal this time.

© 2020 Owlcat Games, Deepsilver and Pazio; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2021 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Owlcat Games, Deepsilver and Pazio <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Diadem of Vast Intelligence? It didn't seem to do the holder much good.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Just now, drpaladin said:

Diadem of Vast Intelligence? It didn't seem to do the holder much good.

As often pointed out in D&D, Wisdom and Intelligence are two very different stats. One for books, one for street smarts. I'm not certain where remembering to buy food would fall in that, but I'm guessing wisdom.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
32 minutes ago, Yeoldebard said:

As often pointed out in D&D, Wisdom and Intelligence are two very different stats. One for books, one for street smarts. I'm not certain where remembering to buy food would fall in that, but I'm guessing wisdom.

Since I'm NOT a gamer, I'm making comments based solely on what is imparted here and here alone. This does make some sense as we all know people who are very intelligent and yet don't know some of the simplest things.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I agree with the good Doctor...I spent a career working with the highly intelligent who  lacked simple common sense...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drpaladin said:

Since I'm NOT a gamer, I'm making comments based solely on what is imparted here and here alone. This does make some sense as we all know people who are very intelligent and yet don't know some of the simplest things.

Like me for example...

I jest, I'm not nearly as intelligent as I like to imagine.

Edited by Yeoldebard
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..