Jump to content
    yoxone
  • Author
  • 255 Words
  • 885 Views
  • 2 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Above the Queer Clouds - 1. Something to say

For us whose first love was a boy and have shed a tear about him…
For those who’ve questioned, searched and found…
For you who feel alone against the world…

Being gay? Being queer? Different? No. It's about being human...

The chained questions that follow after that single, most important one: “Who am I?”

Think about all the people who have given up. Who remembers them? What happens with the Androgyny myth? Some paths of fate become abruptly sealed…

How cruel can the disappointment from our youth make us?

Imagine how from time immemorial there would have been and in the present there are people who have the same dreams, desires, hopes as you. The feelings in us are not made by us… Regrets, heartaches, depressed and joyous moments; the tickling sensation and the goofy grinning face… How can a person invent them? No. They were and are. We alone are not the only ones with those feelings…

Questions…

Above the Queer Clouds is a metaphor for that peak above the mask and labels, the place called freedom, the world we would like to live in, where the sun is gloriously shining. Everyone has a place like that in their mind: a utopia, paradise, dreamland…

Read the stanzas as though you bow before the words, the same way I've done when writing them; and let them dance, enflame your soul.

Much more I want to say… but I guess that will be the purpose of the coming lines.

Enjoy… or rather, be made to think.

Copyright © 2013 yoxone; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 04/03/2012 11:41 PM, carringtonrj said:
Good metaphor. Good way with words. :)
Thank you =)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..