Jump to content
    yoxone
  • Author
  • 118 Words
  • 810 Views
  • 2 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Above the Queer Clouds - 2. The Queerness of I

The queerness of “I”,
which is a blasphemy to nature
in the frivolous mindset of “they”,
is an incredible shape-shifting existence
inside the boundless ambience of the soul.

A flickering illumination,
like the light from an omniscient star
in the indigo-night sky,
it uncovers a deeply-emotional understanding
of the universal liaison and
the transcendent expression of empathy.

The path of self in “I” is through times
lightless and morbidly thorned with shadows
of uneasily tamable excruciation
for feelings lost, desired, or not wanted.
But the immense stringed sensuality and
the incarnated search for withstanding unity
possess a will, unyielding as the inflammation of the sun.

Spreading its lucent beams,
a disk so mighty shines
the same to all.

Copyright © 2013 yoxone; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I see the pathos and the hope in this prose. It builds up through images we all see clearly, the darkness of not being accepted and the light when we are. The euphoria of being treated as equal, the sadness when equality is shifted and negated. There is more of a positive feel to this piece and we can see this by the words used: boundless ambience, flickering illumination, omniscient star, universal liaison, transcendental expression,lucent beams. Vivid images comparing what the the Queer I is perceived to be. One line makes the impact: morbidly thorned.... This impact is felt powerfully because it pricks at the "I" conscience where there is a battle for good and evil, the queer I will always be centre stage. The center of attraction. The "I". How much better will this world be if the the "i" can co exist with the morbidly thorned. But if this were to happen then there wiould be nothing thorny or painful, and certainly nothing to write about, because all fiction, and in s sense, all life is based on conflict.

 

A powerful house of prose, when one pairs the parts of it to a cry for acceptance in a cruel world in an undiscriminating universe. Nature itself cannot discriminate, only humankind....

Link to comment

The imagery in this poem is painfully haunting -- and it so accurately reflects the emotions I experienced growing up as a teen, it's exhausting! I read it three times! It's beautifully constructed, and I enjoyed reading it -- but now you've given me some things to think about, and it may be a while before I can read it again!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..