Moment of Zen

Trebs

I've been having some problems at work, that have stressed me to no end. Someone I know who has been following what has been going on sent me the below email - heh, it DEFINATELY helped my mood.

Easy advice to give, hard to follow:

They are only words. They only have the power you give them. Give them no power.

And, from my Zen flashcards:

"Forgive yourself and everyone around you. When you judge others, you are the one who feels the pain. Through forgiveness, all pain disappears."

Finally:

"Happiness comes from within. If you choose to be happy, no one and no thing can ever take that happiness from you."

I don't mean to be trite, or blow this off, but I am offering ways to find your own internal strength.

Once you have that, then you can take their heads off and hand them to them.

I've been there and should do that. My metaphor for my own troubles is "baggage". I put my problems down in a metaphoric corner and try to get on with things. When I have the strength to deal with the self analysis I will go back and pick it up. What I should do is follow your colleagues advice. Let it go. Forgive myself for the parts I own and allow the other people to move on too. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by eliotmoore