Unlike so meany people I have not taken the time to read the bibble, no I have tryed it just can't hold my intrest. . .

so anyway I need some help answering this

Gay's and what the Bible says

I was talking to my so-called friends on the bus on our way to home. At first it was a jovial conversation. Well, then when a kid got off the bus, Kristina called him a fag, but he didn't hear her because the doors were shut. I turned and asked her what was wrong with being a homosexual.

And I quote directly because I made her write it down so I could prove her wrong later: "Christian's believe that if you're homosexual, you're going to Hell." 

WHAT?? This is news to me! I'm Christian and I don't believe this! From where does it say that if you're gay that you are going to Hell? It says it's detestable, yes, but eternal punishment worthy, no. I thought that if you didn't believe that Christ was your true Savior, then you wouldn't go to heaven, and instead go to Hell.

PROVE ME WRONG! PLEASE!

All comments welcome. . .

help me save a confused youth!

Okay, now I'm no bible expert (Thank God!) But the majority of messages like 'all fags are going to hell' and so on are taken from the OLD testement. People tend to read between the lines and change the meanings of sentences to make the bible work for them anyway so don't bother looking for a direct quote. (There might be one, I don't know actually)

But even if there is a direct quote saying that just because we we're homosexual we're destined for the eternal falme, keep in mind that most likely it was taken from the old testement (scrolls written by hermits on magic mushrooms over 2000 years ago) It makes me laugh everytime someone quotes from it because it holds no worth at all in my mind.

I've lost my faith, but when I do need inspiration I turn to the new testement and read about Jesus, because he was cool with everything and taught love, not hatred. I'm sure Jesus doesn't care about where you put your penis so my advice is not to be worried and let the bigots cling tightly to their 2000+ year old quotes.

I'm sure Jesus doesn't care about where you put your penis so my advice is not to be worried and let the bigots cling tightly to their 2000+ year old quotes.

Ummm... I should probably point out as an afterthought that Jesus would care if you raped someone and evil stuff like that. But I'm sure he's okay with same sex pairings

• Site Administrator

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a US radio personality who dispenses advice to

people who call in to her Radio show. On her radio show recently, she

said that, as an observant orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination

according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.

The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US

resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as

thought provoking:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I

have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge

with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual

lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it

to be an abomination.. End of debate. I do need some advice from you,

however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow

them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and

female,provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine

claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians.

Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in

Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for

her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in

her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do

I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a

pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They

claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus

35:2. The passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally

obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an

abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.

I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I

have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my

vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair

around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.

19:27.How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes

me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two

different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of

two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to

curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the

trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't

we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with

people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy

considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and

unchanging.

Good post Myr.

Most of the christians that do not support or approve of Gays base it on the old testament. Myrs post shows how valid that is. However there is one verse in the new testament and it was by either Peter or Paul, I am not sure which one that denounce Gays.

Now I have read the bible several times, some is dry and some is very good.

No where in the New testament does Jesus ever denounce Gays. I could get into a lot of quoteing here, but I am not going to do that.

Jesus word is all about love, about accepting each other and not judging one onther. If Jesus could love a whore, then I think he would love us.

All I have to say.

Actually it is rather sad, I use to be a assistant pastor for a baptist based church. I don't think that I have ever seen so much hate and so many judgemental people as I did with the members of that church. Yes they were loving and helpful as the lord asks of us, but only to the members of their faith or similar faiths. I really think that most of them have totally missed what Jesus had to say.

It's an interesting concept, religion. More wars have been caused by it, or rather by people shouting that theirs is the only true faith.

It's a bit like the cold war between them and us - the heterosexuals and the rest. (That encompasses everyone who isn't str8).

I read Myr's quote and probably like many of you had a good laugh, but it is thought provoking in that it shows just how biggoted and judgemental people are. I don't mind str8 people, so why should they mind me? Do they think they are better than me? I don't run around mugging old ladies or murdering people.

I think as quoted before me, the important thing here is love of your fellow men - just don't judge them. We don't have the qualifications for that, no matter what they say in the Old Bailey!

If you believe in the New Testament and the word of Jesus, then you should believe that love is the most important thing of all. Supposedly, we were made in God's image - now that's an awe inspiring thought! And nowhere in Jesus' teachings does he mention quality seconds! So draw your own conclusions.

Mike

:devil: , - no! - 0:)

The quotation from Leviticus should be understood as reflecting the times during which it was written. What was being emphasized was that the Israelites were a relatively small group of people who were under constant threat of being overrun and absorbed by the nations that surrounded them, such as the Egyptiams, the Philistines, the Amalekites and others. One of the ways to protect themselves was to follow God's injunction to "increase and multiply," something that is kind of hard if the population is engaged in same sex relationships. If you think the way that the Israelites of the times were thinking, it becomes easier to understand. What they wanted were babies, particularly male babies, that could grow up to defend the nation. The more the better.

I would think that this injunction, like the others quoted in the open letter to Dr. Laura, can safely be ignored. It, and they, simply doesn't reflect the reality of modern times, and the needs of the various diverse people who live on this planet. :read: :2hands:

What gets me about all of this, is that these supposed Christians place so much emphasis on obscure verses of the Bible, yet are not as upset by those who break the commandments (God's Laws), such as: Thou shalt not commit (or was that admit) adultry. I just wish I could be seated next to God on judgment day, when all those people who claimed to have been doing his work (which should have been preaching love and acceptance) have to answer for their actual proliferation of hatred and bigotry.

I grew up in Utah yes mormon capital of the world. I had nine brothers typical Utah family. We're all mormon all but me. I had my faith but I left it in a stack of papers and somebody put it through the shredder.

It is my personal oppinion that religion was made up years ago to fill in all the questions that man or science could not. Thats my opinion and I dont want to get anybody mad.

That being said you can all start worshiping me. :worship:

• Site Administrator
That being said you can all start worshiping me.    :worship:

hmmm... that depends. :devil: :2hands:

I am god of nice bodies if you have one chances are i gave it to you. So you will worship me without furthur delay or I will......fill your shoes with feet.

and yes they are all st8 what are the odds of that happening, they say that now and days one in four is gay so either they havent come out or they dont know one of you must help them or there will be much shoe filing. ha ha ha :devil:

:sheep: MATTHEW 7:1-5:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Whatever happened to the "Golden Rule" and Love your neighbors as you love God?

As was stated earlier and has been stated elsewhere most of the prohibitions stated in the Old Testament have to do with survival of the tribes and do not have the same emphasis today.

Edited by The Story lover
Guest sam_lakes

"The quotation from Leviticus should be understood as reflecting the times during which it was written."

Whereas this is true it is unfortunate that a lot Christians cling to the past and are unable to see the present because they use such things as Leviticus to make themselves right and others wrong.