Yikes!

• Site Administrator

I've always known I had a lot of books. I decided to put them all in a database (I'm an anal rentitive engineer, what can I say?). So, I've been boxing them and carrying them one shelf at a time to my office/bedroom. I've only made it through 2 shelves... and I'm at 130 books. There are about 8 shelves left...

But at least I'll be able to run a report of books I still have to read. (I've long since lost track due to sheer volume)

It will also allow me to track which books I still need to pick up. I expect a huge book buying frenzy sometime in the new year ;)

After the books, I'll need to do my CD's and Computer Games. (I've already done my DVDs. 360+)

Anybody else have a good track of what they own?

0:)

No. Unless it's on the computer I can manage to lose something I put down five minutes ago. That 'Grandpa Simpson' avatar isn't up there for nothing!!! :lmao:

Anyway on with this story I'm writing, if I can remember where I filed it. It's due in by lunchtime tomorrow isn't it? I only started it last night. :wacko: :whistle:

0:)

No.  Unless it's on the computer I can manage to lose something I put down five minutes ago.  That 'Grandpa Simpson' avatar isn't up there for nothing!!!    :lmao:

Anyway on with this story I'm writing, if I can remember where I filed it.  It's due in by lunchtime tomorrow isn't it?  I only started it last night.  :wacko:   :whistle:

Don't remind me...I need to get started on that myself. Oh, and I catalogued my books one time...it took me two days and totaled well over a thousand.

Sigh

to have that few in my collection LOL

at last count I have a little over 4000 books in my library , that is the fiction alone

they have their own room and the book shelves are slowley taking over the dining room also

Ron

I was totaling up my books and then thought about the ebooks I have also. The grand total is a bit over 6,800. I think I have enough to keep me busy for some time. And that does not include online stories that I have downloaded. OH my that is onther 10,000. But they are mostly chapters, so can not count in this. :blink:

Gee. And I'm told I have a lot of books. (Last estimate 700-800.) Mostly hardcover, ranging in topic from military theory and history to politics to action/mystery to science fiction/fantasy. I do have a lot of paperbacks as well, but some of them are falling apart from frequent use. :read::boy: :2hands: :ranger: