Discovering the Truth

A little over two years ago now (wow, has it been that long?) I started reading a story called "Matthew Figures it Out" by Ehman Penn. I spoke at length with the author, and he was a major force in helping me change the way I lived my life for the better. He was also the main reason I began writing. I started this story the summer before last when I was surrounded by cornfields in the mid west and bored out of my mind. Then school came back with everything it entailed, and the story fell away. Occasionally I would return to add another chapter, but it felt awful to be posting once every sixth months. Recently, I've gotten back into a writing kick (with some more time freed up). I'm not as proud of the most recent chapter, probably because it was a bit rushed and I'm a bit out of wack when it comes to writing. I can feel myself getting back into it though.

I wanted to post about my story here, as I can't imagine a better place for advice about writing and suggestions on how to improve what I have done. I desperately want to finish this story as I feel a strong loyalty to it (and I've had an ending in mind since day one), even though I have a couple pretty well developed ideas of what I want to start writing next. I've promised myself I won't start anything more until this is finished.

You can find the story on Nifty in the high_school section, or on http://www.tarheelwriter.com/discovering_the_truth.html and also on http://www.superdrewby.com/stories/truth/index.shtml

Thanks in advance for any and all help and thanks for this place existing. I'm only sad I didn't know of it sooner.