There's a dead body in my alley

dkstories

The suspect's body is in the alley behind the house. Last night I had grandma and cousin michele hiding on the ground as the bullets rang out, and I blockaded the back gate earlier in the night. The SWAT team came through the house to do a search shortly after the suspect was shot, just in case anyone was with him.

Cute butt on two of them... :)

BREAKING NEWS: Ceres officer dies from injuries

One of the two officers shot in a gun battle Sunday night has died.

Ceres Police Sgt. Howard Stevenson died from his injuries at an area hospital, a spokesman for the Stanislaus County Sheriff

For what else I"m up to...mostly job hunting and tightening the belt as we continue to run out of food and have no money to buy more. 

Life sucks

:(:(

It's most difficult when you can't actually move to find a job. Other than writing, what are your qualifications? What are you looking for?

• Site Administrator

You must be one of those negative energy loci's. Strange things always seem to happen around you. That or someone told you when you were little "May your life be interesting"

Best of luck on your job hunt. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

OMG! And i do wish you luck on the job hunt geting ready for the same here sometime next week. I also wish the best for your family and hope for the best. Also glad you or any one in your house was not hurt last night.Take care and good luck. :hug:

Any openings in the local paper?  I'm sure they could use a good author.....? :boy:

Glad that no one of your family was hurt in the fracas. :D

Funny you should ask, I just applied to The Modesto Bee for an on-call Copy Editor position. :)

Let's pray I get it.

As for the shooting, the shooter has been identified as a US Marine who returned from Iraq last September. He had been home on leave and went back to Camp Pendleton on January 2nd (or thereabouts). There he learned he was being deployed back to Iraq. On Sunday he left his barracks saying he was going to get something to eat, and went AWOL.

He then showed up in Ceres/Modesto around 8:00 and fired a shot in the parking lot of my neighborhood convenience store (I love getting my Snickers candy bars there and know the proprieters and most of the employees. Their family has owned the store since it has been there and my grandma has lived here since 1964). He told the clerk someone had just shot at him and the clerk (a really good guy who is having a bad time emotionally right now) called the police. When the first officer arrived, with a teenage Explorer with him, the Marine opened fire, wounding the officer. A second officer arrived moments later and opened fire on the Marine. The marine then seriously wounded the second officer, and then went up to him to put two bullets into the back of his head. After that, the Marine ran to a nearby home and holed up there for three hours.

After three hours, he jumped over the back yard fence of the house he'd holed up at and fired at officers in the alley way. The officers fired back, killing him just short of my back yard. They believe now it was suicide-by-cop.

At a town hall meeting tonight, the police speculated that the weapon he used, an SKS assault rifle illegal here in California, was one he acquired from a dead insurgent in Iraq.