On a lighter note

Jack Scribe

lol. those two are in a lot of other movies as 'token' asians. kinda like the way movies also use 'token' blacks. there just so the movie'll not get branded as racist. hehe

kinda funny for me, since i have a grandmother with Indian heritage and probably some chinese blood in me somewhere too, lol.

• Site Administrator

Not my type of film, but it could be amusing. It appears to be poking fun at those who racially stereotype. :D

Yes, this is certainly going to be one of those "Rent when you have nothing better to do" movies.

Because I would NOT waste the money to see it in the theater!

I wouldn't even do that. Sometimes my best friend and I will just go into his basement with some ice cream and hit up On Demand haha.

• Site Administrator
What the hell are you all talkin about? You have to see it in theatres - it looks hilarious! Nobody has a sense of humor anymore . . .

It's more that different people have a different sense of humour. I don't like being hit over the head with a movie that keeps trying to tell me "laugh, this is supposed to be funny". There's a fine line between being funny and being stupid, and that line is in a different place for different people. I can see that, for me, this movie could end up too often on the "stupid" side of that line.

That's fine - its just that some of the people who commented acted like it was so BENEATH them to go see a funny movie. And for those of you who didn't see the first one, it was widely regarded as one of the funniest movies of 2004.

Edited by Nerotorb

• Site Administrator
That's fine - its just that some of the people who commented acted like it was so BENEATH them to go see a funny movie. And for those of you who didn't see the first one, it was widely regarded as one of the funniest movies of 2004.

2004? :blink: But that's back in the dark ages!!! Before the dark ages, even!

I don't mind seeing. I do mind paying to see it. $9 for one theater ticket is ridiculous when it's a lot less than that to rent it for five days.

• Site Administrator
I don't mind seeing. I do mind paying to see it. $9 for one theater ticket is ridiculous when it's a lot less than that to rent it for five days.

But seeing something in a theatre is a different atmosphere and feel to seeing it on TV, or even in a home theatre (if you have access to one of those).

Oh, and $9 for a ticket in Australia is cheap....

But seeing something in a theatre is a different atmosphere and feel to seeing it on TV, or even in a home theatre (if you have access to one of those).

Oh, and $9 for a ticket in Australia is cheap....

Well 9 bucks is cheap here too.

It's more that different people have a different sense of humour. I don't like being hit over the head with a movie that keeps trying to tell me "laugh, this is supposed to be funny". There's a fine line between being funny and being stupid, and that line is in a different place for different people. I can see that, for me, this movie could end up too often on the "stupid" side of that line.

Well said, Graeme! That's pretty much how I felt as well.