A Beautiful Tragedy

Ohh, very evocative imagery! I also really love how paradoxical and emotionally conflicted the general tone of the poem seems to be, much like life can often seem! I definitely get the impression that the author/subject is in a new, and exciting place, yet still burdened and troubled by the past.

Nifty! Here's a copy of the poem for this thread just in case people have trouble finding it or don't feel like going to eFiction:

A Beautiful Tragedy

by Trevor

I dont remember that tragic day

because it made all the pain go away.

I lost everything.

My memory now gone.

Innocence regained.

Innocence now found.

I sit outside

and I see the sun shining

The birds flying

all around me.

I hear the wind blowing

the love soaring

all around me.

It was a beautiful Tragedy.

I lost it all

and now I get to start over.

I get a new life

a new beginning.

I sit outside

and I see the sun shining

the birds flying

all around me.

I hear the wind blowing

the love soaring

all around me.

It was a beautiful tragedy.

Thanks for the comment! I must say...I had to look half of it up in the dictionary lmao I'm small minded so I have to research big words. Actually the poem isnt about me really I guess you can say it's fictional because it's something that I made up. Your definetly right about the new and exciting place but the boy in the poem isnt troubled really. What the poem was ment to be about was amnesia that was so severe to the point where the boy became mentally childlike and could see the world from a childs point of view again but hey if it's flexible to fit a number of different views then thats good to then atleast I know that many people could probably relate. Thanks! ((((Hugs))))

What the poem was ment to be about was amnesia that was so severe to the point where the boy became mentally childlike and could see the world from a childs point of view again but hey if it's flexible to fit a number of different views then thats good to then atleast I know that many people could probably relate. Thanks! ((((Hugs))))

Oh wow! I can't believe I didn't realize that! :*)

That definitely adds a lot of layers to it! Thanks :)

-Kevin