Actually, no :) Forgiveness was described when someone did something against you, but if 'God' has punished you, it was up to God to forgive you, not the other people. It was up to them to find the message that God was sending them, and to do what was required to gain his forgiveness. At least that's my reading of it....

Oh ya, that's totally true

• Site Administrator
Ya know, when I first posted this thread, I wasn't expecting it to set off a religious talk about Taboo's. But hey, this works for me and helps me write my story by giving me insight to the human mind.

When talking about taboos, the logical continuation is to analyse where those taboos come from. Many, if not all, come from religious teachings, though I suspect that some of those were also a codification of things that people had learnt they shouldn't do (such as the incest taboo probably came around because learnt that babies from closely-related couples were more likely to be deformed, stillborn, or otherwise unhealthy).

When talking about taboos, the logical continuation is to analyse where those taboos come from. Many, if not all, come from religious teachings, though I suspect that some of those were also a codification of things that people had learnt they shouldn't do (such as the incest taboo probably came around because learnt that babies from closely-related couples were more likely to be deformed, stillborn, or otherwise unhealthy).

That is true, though most taboos really don't apply to this day and age, so I'm just waiting for them to die out finally. I'll probably see that when I'm on my death bed.