"Tim" by Cole Parker

Thanks to Altimexis, I found in Awesome Dude a writer about whom he wrote :

For those of you who aren't familiar with the writing of Cole Parker, Cole has an unusual knack for getting inside the minds of adolescents, capturing all of the confusion and uncertainty in a way that I've never seen before.

I agree with him.

I just finished to read another story, he just completed : "TIM".

Its about a young man who had a lot of trouble in his home town, tried to begin a new life in another place, closed himself, trying to forget what he had to endure, met new friends and went through a catharsis (an emotional release associated with talking about the underlying causes of a problem) which is the subject of this story.

I took me only an afternoon to read all the 28 chapters and I was amazed how the author brought the main character to discover himself and to go through a real psychoterapy, thanks to the questions of his friends. The fact that he was gay didnt play a great roll, but just helped to find an happy end, which I also liked.

Parker writes like a legist doc dissecting a corpse, not passing over any detail but still staying friendly with his "victim" (and with the reader !)

Old bob