Scent

Menzoberranzen

See this kind of topic is exactly why I joined GA.

So I love the fragrances we use as a matter of course. But I gravitate toward the lighter, fresher, powdery "daytime" scents. My boyfriend and I have started to kind of make shopping for interesting fragrances a fun little project when we travel. The trick is for us to find something that we both like because (1) we want to like the way each other smells and (2) we found that when we wore individual colognes, when we got close enough to smell each other, sometimes our two respective scents smelled kind of weird and funky together. Kind of like how awful it can sound when two perfectly good songs are played atop one another.

So now we shop for scents that we can both wear when we spend time together. And it encourages compromise sense there are some fragrances I would never pick for myself, but somehow they seem to "fit" us as a couple.

I have a couple of bottles of stuff that I wear when we aren't spending time together, but more and more I find myself just picking one of our "shared" scents even on days when we aren't gonna see each other. Just that little shift in my behavior feels kinda nice.

Well that's a lovely, romantic story :wub:

What we've been wearing: Hollister, Tom Ford, Diesel, Bugavi Aqua

I like those, haven't tried Tom Fork though.

I didn't know there is a Hollister brand on a cologne! I thought that there is Hollister for clothes, but now cologne? Interesting....

Oh yes! It's quite nice, I also like "Jake" by Hollister.

Regarding the revelation I shared with some (many?) of you about Hollister being a fragrance as well as a store... I must confess that i was not a patron of Hollister as a rule. I felt like it was a store for a younger crowd.

But damn if that store doesn't just smell SO GOOD everytime you walk by one in a mall. So I finally decided to just walk in and ask somebody if you could buy the scent that wafts out of their storefronts.

Turns out the answer is... NO!

The Hollister cologne is similar, but not the same scent at all. In fact, that tantalizing store smell is a specially made "ambient" fragrance meant for use on the store walls, floors and furniture only. It's not meant to be sprayed on clothing or skin, any more than Fabreeze is.

I was crestfallen when I learned this news. I smelled a tester bottle of the Hollister cologne and found it a far cry from the store smell. But my boyfriend actually went back and bought me a bottle, told me to try it away from the store. It still doesn't smell like the store to me, but I do love that scent now.

Perhaps you need to visit the store once a day or so and rub yourself against the walls and furniture. shrug.gif

Just make sure you don't look/sound like a hobo if you do it... otherwise you might be arrested... kind of like that one hobo who was arrested for having sex with the tailpipe of a Ford Expedition in NYC that one time... I wish I made that up!

Just make sure you don't look/sound like a hobo if you do it... otherwise you might be arrested... kind of like that one hobo who was arrested for having sex with the tailpipe of a Ford Expedition in NYC that one time... I wish I made that up!

TMI Robbie. vomit.gif

His thing probably didn't smell very good after that. vomit.gif

• 3 months later...

Digging up an old thread, I know, but I wanted share a recent experience with natural body scent. As most of you know, John (rakuten06) and I met face to face about a month ago for the first time. We met at a food stand in the DC Union Station, and in the first five seconds two of my senses were blown away. The first was sight, as I was awestruck by how beautiful he is in person. The second was smell, as when he sat down at the table across from me, I caught wind of his natural body scent (no cologne!) and I could swear I was on cloud 9! It made me so much more attracted to him, even when I thought it wasn't possible to be more attracted to someone! I wish I could bottle it so I could have it always!

To answer Menzo's original question from four months ago, yes natural scent is a big turn on, but I think only for those who you are truly attracted to. I am very attracted to John, as a lot more than just a lust object, and his scent was like ecstasy, however most other people, specifically ones I am not attracted to, did not turn me on with their scent. I've been turned on before by the scent of other boys who I was attracted to, but his did so much more for me since he more than just a "hot boy crush".

• 4 months later...

Scent has sent me over the edge on numerous occasions.

I used to work with a straight friend that always smelled so good and every time he tried to walk past me, I would stand in front of him - without - touching him and just smile, explaining that I just needed a whiff.

He thought I was certifiable - but he always allowed me my moment...

Sometimes he would tease me by giving me a prolonged hug. I was wrecked for an hour afterword!

• 4 months later...

Hell yes.

I think a guys scent can be an incredible turn on, as long as it's not days old! :blink:

Though I'm not one to go around sniffing armpits, I think the smell of a guy

• Like 1

I love smells... good, bad... they all have a place and all have power.

I don't have the skin for perfume. It invariably ends up smelling like cat pee after a while, although those which are oil based rather than water based work better.

I love a man or a woman who smells nice.... whether that is because of perfume, cologne or natural body odour, I don't care.

And I wholly agree with Dragon...the best scent of all is the sweet musk from certain parts of the human body, especially that which is released during the acts of love....mmmmm