Peeing in the Sink

Boy In Doubt

Okay, I know this may seem like an odd topic but I was watching TV earlier today and saw the trailers of two different movies, BOTH with characters peeing in the sink! :blink:

First is What Happens in Vegas with Ashton Kutcher in his bathrobe standing over the kitchen sink, peeing, while Cameron Diaz's character looks on in shock. Lol.

The second one, Baby Mama, which I'm really looking forward to seeing, is with Tina Fey and some blonde chick sitting on the bathroom sink 'cause the toilet was blocked by some baby-proof type thing (if such a word even exists). Hehe. I was like, "Whoa!"

Comedies, so it was no surprise but seriously, is that some kind of new trend? And has anyone ever done that in real life?

I personally haven't but would be interested in finding out more about this...ahem...phenomenon. :P

For a moment I thought this topic was gonna be about some new trend in environmental-friendliness. Last year there was Sheryl Crow's campaign to limit people to one square of toilet paper per bathroom visit (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6583067.stm) in the name of saving us from global warming through paper conservation. What could be more natural than a trend to pee into sinks to avoid wasting toilet water?

-- Raro

When I was a teenager, my parents were taking care of a girl. She actually peed in the bathroom sink. Needless to say, she was in trouble, especially because she thought it was funny to tell my parents.

Urine is sterile, so as long as you rinse it down the drain.......

:blink: But it has that weird smell to it and isn't a waste product from your body? Idk I just think I couldn't pee in a sink that i wash my hands in or dishes.... it's just to R. Kelly for me :wacko:

Back in high school I remember going out with friends - think it may have been after Junior Prom not that I think about it - anyway me and another good friend were both really drunk, and we were at this waffle house (we hadn't driven :) ), and so we decided to go to the restroom. Anyway I opened the door and I said, "Oh no, there's only one toilet and no urinals." "no problem," he responded as he proceeded to pee in the sink while I used the toilet. So yeah, I've seen it happen in real life, lol.

Back in high school I remember going out with friends - think it may have been after Junior Prom not that I think about it - anyway me and another good friend were both really drunk, and we were at this waffle house (we hadn't driven :) ), and so we decided to go to the restroom. Anyway I opened the door and I said, "Oh no, there's only one toilet and no urinals." "no problem," he responded as he proceeded to pee in the sink while I used the toilet. So yeah, I've seen it happen in real life, lol.

B) .........I have done it a couple times (bathroom sink) out of neccesity, when the toilet was out of commission and the house was full. I sprayed a cleaner & rinsed it out no biggie.

But the sink is not sterile, so the urine will get rotten fast.

It's also supposedly good for teeth, but that doesn't mean I'm in a rush to try it out.

But the sink is not sterile, so the urine will get rotten fast.

B) ........Not sure what type of sink you have, but a spray & rinse will rid you of ?rotten? (wondering why I respond to these weird topics!!)

Edited by Benji

B) ........Not sure what type of sink you have, but a spray & rinse will rid you of ?rotten? (wondering why I respond to these weird topics!!)

It'll get dirty back again. There are things that you cannot see really.

It'll get dirty back again. There are things that you cannot see really.

B) .........#1 this is not a habit, #2 just what do you think happens in that sink, I mean I brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out in the same sink? I would think spitting there would more "culture" producing germs. <_<

B) .........#1 this is not a habit, #2 just what do you think happens in that sink, I mean I brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out in the same sink? I would think spitting there would more "culture" producing germs. <_<

I meant kitchen sink.

Even the bathroom sink can get dirty. Flush the toilet and water droplets will go all over the place. If you keep your toothpaste out on the counter, it'll go on there and the...bacteria from...you-know-where...will go on it via water droplets. ;)

I meant kitchen sink.

Even the bathroom sink can get dirty. Flush the toilet and water droplets will go all over the place. If you keep your toothpaste out on the counter, it'll go on there and the...bacteria from...you-know-where...will go on it via water droplets. ;)

:( ......Yuck, no not the kitchen sink :wacko:

B) ..............Ok, Jack, you want gross? ALWAYS keep those items in a closed cabinet. The little critters at night (Cockroaches) love to mess around with both items.

:o

Is that why roaches have such healthy teeth?

I think an anonymous poll would reveal higher numbers of sink pee-ers

:o

Is that why roaches have such healthy teeth?

I think an anonymous poll would reveal higher numbers of sink pee-ers

B) ......Yeah, I hate it when they gargle in the middle of the night too!!

I agree with Demetz. Urine being sterile, as long as you rinse properly, it never taints anything and it doesn't smells For some of my friends who have a tendency to pee outside the toilet bowl, I made it mandatory to use the sink. Another benefit is that it uses much less water than a toilet flush. Peeing in the sink is green. Seeing it as gross is all a cultural construct. I'd say you're more likely to add germs by washing your hands or leaving dirty dishes for a while than by relieving your bladder.

BTW, thanks to this forum for offering such interesting topics. I doubt I ever discussed them elsewhere, especially in writing... :D

B) ..............Ok, Jack, you want gross? ALWAYS keep those items in a closed cabinet. The little critters at night (Cockroaches) love to mess around with both items.

Never had any roaches in anywhere I live. :P