Hey everyone this is the first poem i've posted here hope you like it.

Meditation

The spring air drafts through,

And for a moment everything stops,

Suspended in the nothingness of being,

It is there I wish I could stay,

The beauty is that I cannot

Enjoy!!

• 8 months later...

At first I don't think I fully understood this piece. Upon reflection though I think I have a better appreciation of it.

It seems to me that this piece is about the joy of the moment and the longing of being able to remain in that moment. Yet, the real gift is the progression of life, the way that we cannot remain in the moment, but must instead continue to face life and new experiences.

Is that more or less correct?

Anyway, I'm grateful for the perspective this piece provides.

Great job!

-Kevin

It is there I wish I could stay,

The beauty is that I cannot

I found it interesting, perhaps telling, that you elected to say "...there I wish I could stay..." rather than "...here I wish...," as if the place were one you desired but could not reach. Upon reading the next line, however, I wondered if perhaps you had, after all, reached that place. Then I wondered, why did you not want to stay? This led to considerable speculation, and the question: is the place physical (moving spring air) or mental (ineffable nothingness)?

A comparison of my thoughts to those of Kevin (above) shows, I think, the depth of your creativity. I will ditto Kevin, "Great job!"

I found it interesting, perhaps telling, that you elected to say "...there I wish I could stay..." rather than "...here I wish...," as if the place were one you desired but could not reach. Upon reading the next line, however, I wondered if perhaps you had, after all, reached that place. Then I wondered, why did you not want to stay? This led to considerable speculation, and the question: is the place physical (moving spring air) or mental (ineffable nothingness)?

A comparison of my thoughts to those of Kevin (above) shows, I think, the depth of your creativity. I will ditto Kevin, "Great job!"

I'm really glad you mentioned your perspective, David! I hadn't really considered it from that angle. I agree with your points and would also say that another layer to the piece is that the narrator has already left that place (I was considering it as just a general situation as opposed to necessarily a tangible place or an emotional/mental feeling) and is now aware in retrospect that ultimately that departure was best.

I know that I've personally been tempted to "stay" somewhere because it seems happy and wonderful. Then upon leaving and being somewhere I knew, I've thought, "wait, this is better."

Anyway, well said about the range of interpretations and feelings evoked showing Will's creativity. I definitely agree! :D