Astro Empires is a complex game that allows you to build a small empire while you expoore the galaxy, fight off rivals and colonize planets and moons.

I've been playing for a while on the Delta and Fenix server. It's really quite good but it is complex.

You have to develop an economy, research technologies, build the factories and shipyards for the ships that you send out to explore/plunder/conquer the galaxy.

There are a number of servers: Alpha, Beta, Ceti, Epsilon and Fenix. Each server hosts a cluster of dozens of galaxies, hundreds of thousands of planets and thousands of players.

The game has its predatory aspects but level protection keeps really big guys from preying on the small fry. You are exempt from attacks for a week while you get established. You can join a guild or alliance to protect you as you develop.

There are four aspects to the game: economy, technology, defense and fleet. You have to keep those fundamentals balanced or you'll soon find trouble.

I am just over level 30 in both galaxies that I play in.

In Delta I just finished off Operation Watchtower where my team hit every major enemy base and fleet concentration in my alliances galaxy in a 32 hour window. It was an amazing success. This allowed our us to launch an offensive to drive all of our rivals out of our space.

In the Fenix galaxy my guild just finished a raid on an ajoining galaxy populated by a rival alliance. We used misdirection to get them out of position and entered their galaxy from a unexpected direction. For 48 hours we laid waste to their economy, destroyed their fleets and liberated our holdings.

Before you sign on, there is a lot to learn. Check out the 7 bases in 7 days gameplan that shows tou how to get firmly established. Take note of the various guilds on the server that you pick to play. There are a lot of variables. Fenix is the newest server and I got in on it on day one.

I rate it: cool B)