To Flame or not to Flame.....

Mark Arbour

Effeminate vs. Gay Attitudes  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of guy are you most attracted to?

• Effeminate
    • Masculine
    • Any man will do. (either)
  2. 2. Would you invite and effeminate man to dinner with your family?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What type of guy are you?

• Effeminate
    • Masculine

It does if that feminine characteristic/quality is never knowing when to shut up.

Totally agree. There are few things that get on my nerves, but OTT guys who just blabber on about themselves or bitching about something else, just grate.

I reiterate, I do not have a problem with camp guys. Just the ones who love themselves & the sound of their own voice that bit to much!

Edited by Sir_Galahad

Totally agree. There are few things that get on my nerves, but OTT guys who just blabber on about themselves or bitching about something else, just grate.

I reiterate, I do not have a problem with camp guys. Just the ones who love themselves & the sound of their own voice that bit to much!

Personally, I don't think that one is a masculine/effeminate gay/straight thing. I think that one just applies to people in general.

If the most interesting thing you can find to talk about is yourself, you're probably a very dull person.

OMG there's a Tim sighting!

lol Anyway...

I prefer masculine guys because I honestly find the effeminate type to be rather annoying. Expanding on that, I mean it only in the sense of a loving partnership or sorts. If they're willing and we're compatible, I'll befriend them in a heartbeat, but I won't invite them to spend the rest of our lives together. Having fashion sense is okay, but letting it control the way you think would get very annoying very fast. Lucky for me, my boyfriend has a fashion sense, but always has his attention on sports. I hate many sports and find others to be boring, but John manages to make some of them interesting and tolerable, and I enjoy watching some with him.

I call myself masculine for a couple of reasons. The first reason I will present by saying that I know exactly what a catalytic converter does (did a report on it in HS chemistry), I know the difference between a twin-screw supercharger and a turbocharger, and how to install a turbocharger into a supercharged vehicle without the need for a new upper intake manifold, and I quite enjoy myself lying on my back on cold concrete under 4000 pounds worth of car, watching the oil drain (okay, more like 2000 pounds distributed even on two points, but I digress). Matter of fact, give a healthy amount of PB Blaster, I can change the pads and rotors at all four corners of a car in under an hour (beginning after the PB Blaster has had time to set on the caliper bolts) in most 4-wheel disc brake applications. I've had my gay card taken away probably 3 times now by Eric, Dan, and Trebs. John took away my sports card, but no one can take away my car card, and that plants me firmly in the masculine ring.

Would I invite an effeminate to dinner? Define dinner. If it's dinner with family, then probably not since friends do not ordinarily partake in family dinners. If it was dinner amongst friends and I had one or more effeminate gay men as friends who had nothing better to do with their night, weren't already joining us, and would mesh well with the other friends present, yes I would invite them. Yes there are a lot of stipulations there and there is a reason for that. I highly doubt Kevin would want join me and my local car club members for dinner, when all they talk about are mods on their cars and 1/4-mile times and or other car-related stories. On the flip side, none of my car friends would particularly enjoy themselves having dinner with me, Kevin, and a few of my other effeminate friends.

I wonder how many times I've used Kevin as an example in the past... lol

i'm realizing, with the help of this forum, that my favorite are chimera gays: pretty gays who box or baseball hat boys who write poetry. unusual combinations are a turn on for me, i think.

Chimeras,Freaks and weirds are interesting and cute n_n

i'm realizing, with the help of this forum, that my favorite are chimera gays: pretty gays who box or baseball hat boys who write poetry. unusual combinations are a turn on for me, i think.

I'm the same way, I think. I like guys who surprise me by looking like a certain type of guy, but then blowing me away by proving me how wrong my first impression was.

I'm the same way, I think. I like guys who surprise me by looking like a certain type of guy, but then blowing me away by proving me how wrong my first impression was.

Or maybe you just like guys who blow you. :P

I like guys who are more masculine, but I like either depending on the overall personality.

I guess I'm somewhere between the two. I'm not really sure. I'm not into fashion and my personality isn't very sugary, but I do love music and art.....

hmmmmm

(sorry about the repeated posts. heh. :/ )

Edited by ArpeGGio

As far as the dating goes, I've been attracted to both types. I'm not really sure if I have a "type" (Unless you count British, red-headed, in argyle sweaters...but how often does that come along?)

Well I don't know, but if it comes along twice send the extra one my way ;)

hey Kevin :wub: , if you'll do the dishes, i'll ALWAYS clean the bathroom. i despise touching dirty dishes :P

Tim! :D

That sounds like a really good deal :D

Would I invite an effeminate to dinner? Define dinner. If it's dinner with family, then probably not since friends do not ordinarily partake in family dinners. If it was dinner amongst friends and I had one or more effeminate gay men as friends who had nothing better to do with their night, weren't already joining us, and would mesh well with the other friends present, yes I would invite them. Yes there are a lot of stipulations there and there is a reason for that. I highly doubt Kevin would want join me and my local car club members for dinner, when all they talk about are mods on their cars and 1/4-mile times and or other car-related stories. On the flip side, none of my car friends would particularly enjoy themselves having dinner with me, Kevin, and a few of my other effeminate friends.

I wonder how many times I've used Kevin as an example in the past... lol

:lol:

(sorry about the repeated posts. heh. :/ )

I got rid of them for you ;)