Children Abducted By Father Found Safe and Alive

methodwriter85

Father, Daughters Traced to Nicaragua

I don't care if you think your wife is a heinous bitch, but telling your kids that their mommy committed suicide? When they were 2 to 4 years old? Absolutely reprehensible. I know that custody battles are awful to deal with, but spiriting a kid away to a foreign country is not the way to solve it. I hope they throw the book at this guy.

The best part about this is the fact that they were found after a year and a half, and the mother still gets to see her kids grow up. I've heard of similar parental abduction cases where the kids weren't found until they were teenagers or in their twenties. Of course, that doesn't make up for the year and a half she lost, but it might make it easier to heal from the experience, than were this ten or twenty years later.

I guess for me, this article resonates because my own sister was/is involved with a bitter custody dispute with her ex-boyfriend over their daughter, and I had no problem imagining him kidnapping my niece just to spite my sister. He's that crazy. We still refuse to let him have unsupervised visits with her for that very reason.