Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Tiger

The movie was good and funny at times.

I am not sure whether I should feel sad or happy about the movie. I read the book, so I knew Dumbledore would have his literary end, but there was something else in the movie.

I actually found the entire love potion scene with Ron and Harry quite funny and almost slash-able. (

Damn, I was half hoping that Ron hadn't eaten all that love potion candy and left some for Harry. It would have been interesting to see them like certain gay authors have written them

. :D )

Other than that scene, the movie played out fair, but something about Snape/Harry interaction seemed missing. I also thought the Horace/Harry moments were underwhelming. Dumbledore pulled everything together very well.

I give it 8.5/10- Good, but there were a couple things that could have been done better.

PS: For some odd reason, during the tower scene with Dumbledore, I kept thinking of Gandalf in the first Lord of the Rings movie.

That argument does not ring true. The Battle of Hogwarts will not be in the next movie, because The Deathly Hallows is going to be split into two movies.

Yes, but they did not make that decision when this movie was being worked on. Let's not forget this movie has been finished for over 12 months and written over two years ago....(the original release date was in November)

Edited by Thirdeye