Cheaper to buy than...

Toast

Recently, I went to the rental store thinking to rent True Blood. There are five discs in the first season, so roughly it would cost me $30. to rent them all. But at big 'A' you can buy the complete first season for much less. So I did. And now I have this feeling of consumer triumph. Has this happened to you?

Edited by deadsnake

I buy a lot of my music and movies on ebay.

Retail is for people that aren't online.

Really. So it's a good deal. No rip offs. Like a scratched CD or DVD? Oh I like your avatar.

True. Never go retail. I save on average $250 a semester by buying all my textbooks off Amazon/ebay.

In regard to movies....it's the strangest thing, but I've always been fortunate enough to find copies I want having been, uhhhhh, washed ashore by a period of torrential rain....and being the environmentalist that I am, how could I not pick them up?? ;)

• Like 1

It's a variation to those which sadly fly off the back of passing trucks and lie in the road in danger of being run over by other traffic. I tend to find a few of them lying around now and again and... as you said it would simply be implicit support of littering if I just left them lying there. Besides, if they got broken they could have sharp edges that would hurt the paws of puppies and kittens, so I just HAVE to pick them up. innocent.gif

• Like 1

Honestly I like to rumage through goodwill, you can get some deals for a quarter...

Oh, a poster after my own heart. Which I got at goodwill for a dollar. I love to buy CD's and books. But my prizes are quirkie amatuer paintings. Sort of modern folk art. I love them. Oh I once found a pair of alligator loafers from Brooks there and a Ralph L blazer and so much more. Hey let's make the a forum question. Okay I will give you credit.

True. Never go retail. I save on average $250 a semester by buying all my textbooks off Amazon/ebay.

In regard to movies....it's the strangest thing, but I've always been fortunate enough to find copies I want having been, uhhhhh, washed ashore by a period of torrential rain....and being the environmentalist that I am, how could I not pick them up?? ;)

it must be some rain storm to move the shoreline far enough to reach Austin :funny:

hugs,

Tom

• Like 1

It's a variation to those which sadly fly off the back of passing trucks and lie in the road in danger of being run over by other traffic. I tend to find a few of them lying around now and again and... as you said it would simply be implicit support of littering if I just left them lying there. Besides, if they got broken they could have sharp edges that would hurt the paws of puppies and kittens, so I just HAVE to pick them up. innocent.gif

Ah yes, I have a similar story. My cat (who is very small and called 'Nova') is a 'retriever' type cat who enjoys fishing.. most often it is blue frogs and micro carp he retrieves but sometimes he must find dvds floating down the river. I hear a rattling at the catflap and cute little mini Nova is there, dvd in mouth looking all sweet. I could not break my poor cat's heart by not accepting his gifts.

Ah yes, I have a similar story. My cat (who is very small and called 'Nova') is a 'retriever' type cat who enjoys fishing.. most often it is blue frogs and micro carp he retrieves but sometimes he must find dvds floating down the river. I hear a rattling at the catflap and cute little mini Nova is there, dvd in mouth looking all sweet. I could not break my poor cat's heart by not accepting his gifts.

Of course not... it would be tragic :)