Winter Classic

I was never much a Bruins fan.

I was at Fenway though opening day for the Sox and TD BankNorth for one of the Celt games.

He means the NHL Winter Classic, it's a famed outdoor ice hockey game among fans. I just hope the fans bring plenty of fanny and leg warmers for the cold Fenway seats :P. (It's held at Fenway this year)

• Site Administrator

I was starting to get really excited about the upcoming winter classic, but now I'm not so sure sitting outside for 3 hours is gonna be so much fun:

weather.png

Come on, if the folks up in Edmonton braved -22 F back at the original, you can survive -6 tongue.gif . Besides, it is probably the only time that hugging another male at a NHL game will be considered appropriate for more than 10 seconds biggrin.gif

As a diehard Bruins fan, I would be plenty willing to sit in the freezing cold to watch a game at Fenway if you wanna give me your tickets. (Yeah right Matt, keep dreaming tongue.gif ) I still think though that it should have been Boston/Montreal. That would have made the day even more memorable.

If the game is good you won't notice the cold. Sharing body heat sounds good.

Yeah, negative temperatures shouldn't stop a New Englander from going to see one of the greatest N.E. sporting events of the decade. And sharing body heat sounds like a great idea Bugeye! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

• Site Administrator

Well for those that do go, and those who watch it on TV, I'm sure it is going to be a great game.

The rumour is that next year will be the Battle of Alberta outside in Calgary.

BTW, Happy New year while enjoying the game.

This game definitely lived up to it's hype. There was a lot of hard, grinding play throughout the game and an old '70s rivalry was renewed. An overtime thriller at Fenway Park on New Year's Day, with the Bruins winning. What more could you ask for! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif