HP and the Goblet of Fire Trailer

• Site Administrator

The full trailer for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is out:

http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_harr...ler_extra_large

Worth the time to see all the eyecandy. And for once, I'm not talking about the boys. (I HATE Ron's hair)

Myr

:wizard:

Had to do it. Come on, how often do you get a chance to use that smiley unless you're Myr? :D

Ugh. I was really looking forward to this movie, because this was my favorite book in the series, but I was rather disappointed by the preview. :-P

Lets start with the opening. The horses look ENTIRELY fake, cartoonish in fact. There is not even a semblance of realism to them, which is something they were able to do with the hippogriff so why not here? The same goes for the ship that comes out of the lake.

Secondly, we have the problem of Emma Watson. Come on, is she really believable as Hermione anymore? She's gorgeous! Even when they try to drab her down she's still too pretty for the part. Nothing against her, she is definitely the most bearable of the three for me, but she just doesn't fit.

Let's continue: What is with the Beauxbatons outfits? This is rather minor I know, but I thought they were supposed to be radiant and beautiful. Drab grey doesn't really suggest that to me. <_< Much more importantly however, is the casting of Fleur Delacour. Who the hell was in charge of this? She's supposed to be a dazzling, silver-haired beauty! This actress is an attractive but in no way bombshell yellow blonde. Emma Watson is prettier than her! :thumbdown:

Speaking of bad female casting, why does Cho Chang look at least two years younger than all three leads when she's supposed to be older? :blink: And, again, she is not pretty, which is a rather central element to her character considering how popular she is supposed to be.

For more on the big three, I think Rupert Grint is great as Ron but he is TOO OLD! He looks his age, not 15 or whatever the hell they're supposed to be. And what is with his hair? :huh: Ew.

More on girls....in the short time they showed Madame Maxine she looked especially frumpy to me...Isn't she supposed to be a dazzling beauty as well? I suppose they didn't have a wide range of very tall female actresses to choose from, but still... :/

I will say one good thing...the camera angles and directive style look VERY cool, especially that one part with the three platforms on the lake (don't know what they're supposed to be? But it looks awesome! :2thumbs: ), and the shot of the clock immediately following it. And the next scene. I suppose no matter how much they screw up casting, the direction and cinematography could conceivably make it a good movie. :thumbup: Oooh, and Mad Eye's eye....hehehe!!! it gave me the creeps! (in a good way ;) ) I don't think his voice is quite gruff or deep enough, though. And as a contrast to the ship and horses, the dragon and the snake look quite good. :) Whatever it is, that hooded skeleton creature looks awesomely scary. :great:

To sum things up, I've got mixed feelings. I'm hoping the direction and other things I mentioned will be so good that they'll take my mind off the shoddy casting. Hoping... :)

Edited by Point Given