NSA and health risk

Yesterday I had quite a serious talk with a group of PhD students in medicine. Well, kinda interviewing them actually. It was fun as much as killjoy. :P

Do you guys know that herpes viruses are transmissible by kissing? Herpesviruses are creepy, good at evading immune systems and can establish lifelong, recurring infections.

And there is an established, very unlikely albeit possible, chance of receiving HIV and Hepatitis-B from kissing. Yucks.

In related news, last night I tried a strawberry-flavoured condom with my bf. It tasted awful, and my bf didn't feel as good as without. But it is medically recommended that only rubber-covered cocks be suckable if you're into NSA. Even more frighteningly, it is rarely discussed about the health risk of slipping condoms, which is, according to some discussants, more worrisome than the risk of broken condoms.

If you're really risk-averse, it's great to have a BF / GF in an honest, monogamous relationship. Promiscuity is a trade-off between fun and risk, y' know :) I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying it's a choice that needs to be justified. Whether or not your country's healthcare is publicly funded is another dimension here (um, NOTE: no political discussion on this forum).

Anyway, have fun and play safe! (well, you can either have more fun and play less safe or have less fun and play more safe :P teehee!)

• Like 1

No strings attached = NSA

Pretty much your hookup for the night or something to that effect...

All in all though... I'm torn between having a good time and worrying about STI's and all the killjoy that goes along with it. Then again the less you do something the more special it becomes...

Eric :)