My boyfriend has Seasonal Affective Disorder...and we're in a long distance relationship which makes things so difficult for us. he barely talks to me now...he used to be so energetic and talkative...now our conversations have become duller each day...he rarely shows some affection too. it's like he's no longer interested. and it hurts. aleric-cry.gifidunno what to do...i try so hard to get him to cheer up..but nothing. i just had a conversation with him on AIM and...he just wasnt in the mood as always. there was a long pause in our conversation so i asked if he was busy or something and this was his only reply:

" no

i'm just

bleh

i don't really feel good

i'm going to sleep

goodnight. "

he didnt even give me chance to reply. he went off just like that. idunno what to do..it's affecting me too..it hurts so bad that i cant think of anything else to turn this around. i heard this SAD thing will stay with you until winter ends. please help me..i need advice aleric-cry.gif thnx

steve

Tell him to try tanning. Even a few short minutes of those rays do help. I know they make a light box as well for people who suffer from SAD. He could ask his doctor about that. Good luck!

alright..but he's kinda stubborn about these things. he'll prolly just think it's a waste of time and money. idunno..i'll try to talk to him..

thnx!

• 2 weeks later...

Totally sucks.

Not sure if it's entirely lame or whatever, but care packages rule!

Box up a pack of his favourite biscuits or chocolates, a colourful scarf, a book or a dvd, tuck in a letter or a card... Even whack in a toothbrush or soap or whatever.

If not, even send him a few little cards or sketches or something in the mail. Sometimes it's nice to get something someone has touched instead of over the internet.

It won't cure him, but hopefully it'll let him know you're thinking of him and cheer him up a little.

Hope it get's better

xo

• 2 weeks later...